SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Currently the static weapons appear only for tiny campsites and maybe bigger camps, but arent included in guardpost creating. I should rewrite that part and add own section in mod options. Also add selection for task related content. The whole mod section is bit outdated, didnt yet then know how to enabled draging and double clicking. Reworking it during spring.

Before that updating the remaining tasks fixing the forced vanilla content. Mission update coming during the next week, currently having some strange errors (maybe from dev-build) that need more checking and will try to have some big additions too.

Hi SaOk :) Congrats you with MANW, you really deserve it.

Nice to see that you still make this mission better and better. It's only reason why [not only] i still play in Arma 3.

I didn't played this mission\game almost 6 month, thus maybe some of my feedback\suggestions are not relevant for Altis.

Sry for big post.

1) I just finished to play in Fallujah (huge thanks for supporting of this map, and thanks for adding mission-end condition)

But i noticed that a urban territory (which is 60% of this map) is almost empty. (only 3 enemy guard-post near 2 factories in a whole <!> city)

No other enemy patrols\guardposts\camps inside the city. :(

So 80% of my gameplay on this urban map was in a desert. :D

Even TPW Skrimish didn't help me. =\

I used original Fallujah map files for Arma 2 with AiA Terrain Pack.

Maybe it's possible for you to implement "sector-based" algorithm for city capturing?

(Something like a conquest mode in Battlefield with flags, but for urban territory only)

For example:

- WLA automatically (if it possible) detect cluster of civilian buildings on the map spot (~5-10 per-cluster, and not only in "cities" <!>)

- Spawn or mark some central building as "flag" with radius 40~80m

- Search for other clusters on the map, that doesn't have "flag" yet.

(Cycle on whole map ...)

Thus some big cities, like Chernogorsk, can have 3-4 "flags".

(And ~60 in whole Fallujah city :y:)

And player should capture them all to take control over the city.

---------------------------------------------------------

- And if player close to flag - spawn\show some count of enemies\vehicles\static weapon\etc around it. When all enemies dies - "flag" is captured. (same mechanism as in camps)

In this way all urban territory (even if not in city zone) will be full of enemies.

I know it can have much hit on performance, but good and challenging urban combat it's what i really miss in WLA. :(

2) Static (HMG\GMG) weapon\vehicles are still pretty dumb. They even have no react to bullets, that hit walls behind them. (Played with bCombat AI)

Only AA\AT-Launchers works good,

2.1) They always look directly forward (it's especially bad for static vehicles)

Maybe is better to set-up for them something similar to "Scan horizon"?

2.2) When weapon operator die, static weapon is still locked for using by player.

It's possible to remake?

3) I know that BIS still didn't implement huge planes in game, (and there small chances that they will do this in next months) but there enough of mods that already did that.

3.1) Just idea - Currently vehicles drop by helicopter. (it's really nice idea)

But what about something like this (in addition)? (

)

Just spawn parachutes under plane, without cargo animation.

3.2) Just idea - If player have Airport - ability to make massive "airdrop".

It works like "Fast travel", but it drop ALL player's squad\vehicles to ANY point on the map (with no AA) from AIR by parachutes. And can be used only from friendly airport territory.

[3.1 and 3.2 can also be used by enemies as attack type.]

4) Could you also implement optional [semi]-random gear for [enemy] vehicles? Like you do for soldiers. I like to loot disabled enemy vehicles, but they always have the same items.

For example - 70% chance to spawn meds\misc items, 50% to spawn ammo, 30% chance to spawn weapon, 10% chance to spawn rocket launcher and etc. All in one loop.

5) Pretty often after new game from old save, some of my teammates still randomly spawn far far away from player.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

PS: New UI is very cool, especially idea with "news" in customization menu. :rolleyes:

Edited by Shoker

Thanks for much feedback, will see. I would prefer to keep the spawning quite chaotic to simulate the AI movement on map. So you cant fully clear areas unless taking out the nearby big camps. There is already hidden large markers spawned to player position that get smaller with walking speed, that keeps areas clean until its possible that more enemies have walked in it. :) But looking through the feedback good.

Begun to make the marked vehicles zones (platoons) to have saved ammo, damage and fuel state. Supply platoons will have bigger meaning - you will be able to cut supplies for the enemy platoons to make them weaker in virtual/spawned battles. The friendly zones could have automated supply movement too (that enemy side would try hurt).

Edited by SaOk

I am having two huge issues with both "whole lotta altis/stratis."

When I close my Arma 3 game client, reopen Arma 3, and try to play either of them, my saves are deleted and I have to start over. When this happened in WLA, me and my entire team spawned across the bay from my original starting point. When I looked on my map, I could see my basecamp and areas I have secured quite clearly. In WLS, the game completely restarted from the beginning.

I used Zeus yesterday as its so easy to base build and you get stuff that you can't usually, unfortunately when i reloaded it all the stuff i placed with zeus was gone :(

Hi SaOk, Loving the mission and all it's features so far.

I was wondering if there was a way we can add our own custom mod templates like you did for 'RHS Escalation' and 'Chernarus Conflict'?

I love using custom units/vehicles and the 'mods' menu is genius, especially with the ability to save and load setups.

But it can take a while to add/remove all the different units/vehicles I wish to use, especially when I can't remember the name or classname of the unit I want to add.

(I often end up adding units with the wrong camouflage, or accidentally add an old unit from 'All In Arma' :( )

If we could create a custom template outside of the game, to select it from the menu like with 'RHS Escalation' e.t.c. it would make the process of swapping out whole armies a lot easier.

It would also allow people to make their own custom templates for specific units/armies/wars and share them with everyone. And with all the great content the community is creating I think this would add a lot to what is already an amazing mission. (It would also save you time as you wouldn't have to worry about making the templates)

If not then would a preview of the selected unit in the 'mods' menu for easy identification be possible in the future?

Thanks for all of your work so far SaOk, it really is an amazing mission :)

Thanks, :) I will rework soon the mod-section with doubleclicking and draging which makes it much faster to use. Making own custom full mod templates is bit more tricky, but may add it later. Will see.

Adding the ladder and possible bridges. :)

Missing saves can be avoided using the shift+1 menu save button, then you can just restart and continue.

Making much progress with the next update, but still work to do. Marked platoons now have saved ammo, fuel and damage state. Making next the supply zones to have ability to resupply the platoon and automatic movement. Player could do big damage by taking those out and same for enemy against player side.

Preview pic (might load very slow, steam seem bit buggy now with pics), will rework the related UI too:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=393926393

I've been wondering this since i started playing...Why in some saves can i put statics on things like bunkers (off the ground) etc and it works fine but in some saves they just appear to float in mid air? Its the same with vehicle scrapping, on some saves pressing Y twice scraps the vehicle but in other saves it doesn't it just unlocks the vehicle. Seems there is a weird inconsistency there somewhere.

I've noticed, that when I have grenades in my inventory, after death, I can't throw them. The only solution for that is to put them out, and grab them again, then they work as they should. I'm not sure if it change anything SaOk, but could you make it, that you can load your vehicles and units settings before start of the mission? It's really weird, when you play with RHS and you can see Strider, or other units from Vanilla. Oh and another thing, is it possible to change the startup units to regular ones. I mean, I don't want to see Hardy, Northgate and others, just regular "rifleman", "medic" etc. so again with RHS, they will have modern weapons, not the futuristic ones. It's my favorite SP mission and recently I started to play it with my friends and they also love it. Thanks SaOk, keep up the good work! :)

Ok so we did the changes for the instant re spawn separator so now we have the CMWS in place in the .pbo.

So our next issue we are running into is 2 fold.

1- When we disable the enemy artillery from parameters its still just staying on even if it says its off.

2- We cant seem to reset the map to give back base prestige and to clear the map from anything we built last time.

any suggestions?

Hi saok, is there a way you can include your current vehicle into the customise options. So the vehicle you were last in (same as when you collect gear) appears so you can transfer gear to it. Would be awesome to load your car with stuff you have collected that you normally would not be able to carry. So as long as the vehicle is within a certain distance from your gear storage building you can load it up. Just a thought.

Hi, I can`t understand which version of

# 1 # IFA3SA version - The small standalone package with high quality A2 assets (buildings and vegetation mostly)

# 2 # IFA3SA LITE version - The smallest standalone package - means also low quality A2 assets (buildings and vegetation mostly)

# 3 # AiA SA version - If you already have AiA SA, or want to combine it also with the A1/A2/OA terrains (or other assets) from BI or made by the community

# 4 # AiA SA LITE version - If you already have AiA SA LITE, or want to combine it also with the A1/A2/OA terrains (or other assets) from BI or made by the community

(from here https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/IFA3_Play_withSIX_install) (I play in ARMA 3)

...I need to play this WLA?

You want the AIA SA LITE for maps like Chernarus/Takistan etc. The first two you mentioned aren't maps.

The object offsets give bit trouble, will try to see some tweak again soon.Thinking/checking the other stuff too. Storing gear in vehicles will need to some new functions but may add it at some point. Here is sneak peak of new stuff almost ready, test version in day or few:

This is some really quality work Saok. Best single player experience I've had on any modern shooter.

I few things I noticed, I don't know if they've been adressed:

When I paradrop teammated they fall to the ground detached from their parachute, which floats to the ground by itself.

Sometimes when I order paradrop vehicles they won't arrive at all.

Amazing mission!

The object offsets give bit trouble, will try to see some tweak again soon.Thinking/checking the other stuff too. Storing gear in vehicles will need to some new functions but may add it at some point. Here is sneak peak of new stuff almost ready, test version in day or few:

Will the COOP version get some love too? :)

Thanks :) the falling team-mates are bit strange, testing it more soon. But already they should have damage set off. In the next update, have also disabled slingloading for the purchased vehicles. May put it back later if getting it work more stable.

Updating COOP later during spring, maybe late march or during april. Hard to work on both SP and COOP at the sametime, especially if trying to add new big features and other additions. So better to focus on SP only until needing pause, then throw all new stuff to COOP too (converting all updated scripts/testing usually takes 1-2 weeks).

nice nice, did the ETA change since the last time we talk yesterday? lol

Also, need to know something, it is possible "edit" my team mates during the mission? i mean, in editor i can add one or two lines of code to get something, like inf. ammo (is my workaround for the infinite "out of ammo" QQ) can i do the same during the mission?

There could be small COOP updates before that, but not much features added. Still tweaking the SP update.

In esc-menu its possible to edit team-mate gear. Shift+1 gear is still the easiest way.

Sorry if this has been asnwered before, what is the range for antenae and transmission tower discounts?

30 meters, will need to make it more visible.

Wrong thread - meant to post in dev-build thread.

New SP WLA update is here (dropbox and steam). Marked Platoons have now saved ammo, fuel and damage state, added supply system (WIP), map UI improvements, much other tweaking + optimizing (including one potential performance leak).