SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

I have 2 versions of wla, one is through steam the other manually downloaded from armaholic. The steam one loads with a new interface for mission parameters at the start giving me the option to use RHS mod, why is the armaholic version still showing the older interface at mission start? I use the armaholic version to change to the Bornholm map but for some reason this version is different from the steam one and does not give the option to use RHS mod.

Havent yet send new updates for armaholic. You can get the newest mission version always from workshop or dropbox-link (the first post in this thread).

Currently focusing on MP update, should be ready during the next week. Adding also save-function and mod templates/options to COOP which slows down some bit (the editing). Hope to get those working. More SP updates later next week.

I don`t know what is heppening, but when I played standart version (1.9971) WLA menu (constraction, call support...) work very fast, now I play new version with RHS mode and this WLA menu is very stupid... every step in constraction or dialog taking about 7 seconds => It is very annoing. - Can this problem be due to the fact that I have added sound mode (Enable Voice-acting and custom Music in WLA)?

I play in challenging difficulty and I can`t call gear-drop and para-vehicle.

Edited by gopanchik

Havent yet send new updates for armaholic. You can get the newest mission version always from workshop or dropbox-link (the first post in this thread).

Currently focusing on MP update, should be ready during the next week. Adding also save-function and mod templates/options to COOP which slows down some bit (the editing). Hope to get those working. More SP updates later next week.

Thanks SaOk, that was exactly the problem. Have the latest version now.

I don`t know what is heppening, but when I played standart version (1.9971) WLA menu (constraction, call support...) work very fast, now I play new version with RHS mode and this WLA menu is very stupid... every step in constraction or dialog taking about 7 seconds => It is very annoing. - Can this problem be due to the fact that I have added sound mode (Enable Voice-acting and custom Music in WLA)?

Remember on that difficulty that the enemy spawn and move very quickly and if its having to load all the custom RHS stuff constantly maybe thats it? Although im not sure if thats how it works really you could try to save the game, restart the scenario from the main menu and then just resume your game like Saok and others have suggested before.

You can fix this with following steps:

Start your Game, go as usually to "Scenarios" and klick the "Restart" tab. When the Game is loaded and the mission starts a Window will popup on your Screen, on this klick "Continue old Savegame" (or something like this^^)

You will start your Game there where you saved it last time (using 0-0-0) but the Game will reinitialize the whole mission which mostly fix this issue. Dont worry, you dont loose any of your progress. This step is necessary to fix this kind of issues

Can confirm, no Shift+1 vehicle drop or gear drop possible. Mission File from Dropbox 5th dec. Addons: DLCs +Shack Tac Hud + played on Altis.

Reloading as you suggested did not fix it. Reverting to older version for now.

Then something went wrong as you played the mission.

I can give one more advice: try to use the Mod "Moduload" when using Mods like ShackTac, Moduload reinitializes mods which have problems to initialize with the mission, especially when loading a saved game. And i would try to set the Game to Easy to use quickly "Fast Travel" and change the position to a different spot, then save and try again the "Restart Game->Continue old Savegame" method, and i would defintley try Moduload when such problems occurs.

I for myself dont start the Game without Moduload running, it helps a lot ;)

btw: i run the Mission with over 65 mods and have not the "delaying bug" but i know what you guys mean, i had this bug a long time ago, but didnt see it for a long time. And i play a lot of Arma3 ^^

Tried with Moduload, does not help.

Just to make sure, i talk about the Parachute support Drop script, which does partially not work, you can drop everything ok, except vehicles and gear boxes.

I see the Moduload initializing that so called "Call support" script, but after selecting a vehicle to drop, it does not play that billing sound and no change on the Prestige value upper left,

but all that works if you dont select a vehicle but Infantry instead, for example.

And its only in that 1.99711 version, the 1.99701 version works like a charm. I even deleted all saves and redownloaded the mission from dropbox, did not help.

i´ll double check with the same 1.99711 from playwithsix and steam workshop just to make sure.

Edit: Playwithsix has Version V1.99701

Dropbox has v1.99711 which does not work for me

Steam Shop has no version number displayed but has filesize from Dropbox version, and gear drop works, weird huh?

Edited by Foss

Tried with Moduload, does not help.

Just to make sure, i talk about the Parachute support Drop script, which does partially not work, you can drop everything ok, except vehicles and gear boxes.

I see the Moduload initializing that so called "Call support" script, but after selecting a vehicle to drop, it does not play that billing sound and no change on the Prestige value upper left,

but all that works if you dont select a vehicle but Infantry instead, for example.

And its only in that 1.99711 version, the 1.99701 version works like a charm. I even deleted all saves and redownloaded the mission from dropbox, did not help.

i´ll double check with the same 1.99711 from playwithsix and steam workshop just to make sure.

Edit: Playwithsix has Version V1.99701

Dropbox has v1.99711 which does not work for me

Steam Shop has no version number displayed but has filesize from Dropbox version, and gear drop works, weird huh?

dropbox and steam are the only versions up to date, the others are older versions that SaOk has not yet updated.

Awesome progress, SaOK. This look better week after week. :)

Could you release your object placement module as an addon or scripts with "Save" and "Create template" functions for exporting? Placing objects seems pretty fluid in your WIP videos.

Thanks, will see the construct system is quite integrated but may make module version at somepoint.

Sorry I remembered wrong earlier, only the dropbox is currently up to date with the iron front support test-version. Steam is one step older, but overally the same scripts. Else usually keeping steam and dropbox up to date. Rarely dropbox gets test-versions before steam.

Will check the vehicle drop issue with dropbox-version. Currently working on MP and got similar bug in it after copy-pasting scripts from SP version.

Small WLA SP test update (dropbox only). Called empty vehicle drops should work again + some other small tweaks.

COOP update near ready, but still testing/searching bugs.

Edited by SaOk

New WLA COOP 1. test version of new update (24 player only, dropbox and workshop). Here is the first test version of the big COOP update, still more tweaks/fix coming but should be quite playable already. Mod support/templates and save-function should work already. Not yet tested the custom maps (respawn site is not yet worked).

Edit: 1. Hotfix uploaded.

Edit2: 2. Hotfix uploaded (much fixes).

Edit3: 3. Hotfix uploaded (much fixes + custom maps should also work now, but not tested yet).

Edited by SaOk

played this with a friend just now.

i noticed at the start when you and the other human player gets their trucks you and the ai drop scattered and have to regroup

another thing i noticed is that when u build your tents near your trucks with walls and bunkers up, you don't get the task marked off for building the tents and the weapon drops

also there is no armory at the start but thats probably due to mp or something

also shift-y (or shift 9) can't remember to collect weapons from dead soldiers doesnt work with the sotrage built and the starting truck being used to collect

just some things i noticed.

it was still plyable and i killed many russians :D

i also played this on takistan. maybe these things work better on altis

Thanks :), yes still work to do, will bring much updates during this week. The gear gathering/gear isnt yet included. There is virtual arsenal instead, but could maybe add also my gear function as optional feature. Player could use the arsenal spending the ARS points he get (from tasks and capturing locations) or gather weapons/gear which any players could pick in gear-function.

More map support coming later at some point. This week is focused on COOP to get latest mission file for MANW, which can still be supported here: ;)

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/kEtaMIcazQ#.VIYv3WccSUk

Just tested the 24Coop , found no bugs except the Camp/Tent Task is not recognized as done. Great Work SaOk, voted for MANW.

Thanks, :) uploaded new COOP 24 player hotfix (dropbox, steam). with more fixes and tweaks.

Edit: Also updated the 8 player variant. Also sent 72 player version for BIS, maybe soon running on their server.

Edit2: Updated also the 48 player variant

Edit3(10th December): More fixes and tweaks again (dropbox and steam).

Edited by SaOk

Thanks for your fast Fixes. keeps me busy testing :D

I started new game (continue Progress disabled) and i see some "bugs"

I play Coop 1-8 Player 10th Dec Dropbox version as Engineer Squad1, This Engineer has 3 toolkits and 3 Mine Detectors in Inventory.

First Halo Spawn on Island failed, got the Freefall animation without Parachute and stuck in it on the ground, unable to move. Second Respawn was ok.

Got my Truck and build small Sandbag tower with AI Gun in it, followed by Tent -> Construct Basecamp Task not done.

I go to Task "capture Factory" build Sandbag Tower and AI gun right at the door, factory did not get green on map but i have access to factory menue, speak to civilian and did quest, they say they working the factory now, seems to work Ok, except map symbol stay yellow, i think my build guardpost is not recognized?

Am i doing something wrong? I play Modfree, except Arma 3 DLCs, do i need CBA or something?

Greetings Foss

EDIT: Scratch that, you have to select the group leader Slot to get Tasks working, which is slot 4. Slot 1 lets you be group leader of AI too, but Tasks work for me in slot marked "group leader" my fault. (@Timewarp : yes its changed to 1 Tent in Coop)

Edited by Foss
Further Testing, new results.

I've been playing WLA for months. I downloaded the latest update but I'm stuck at the WLA movie. I'm not getting any menu to start the game. Help.

Thanks, will check the strategic points in COOP. Could be some bug. The basecamp task should require only one tent, checking it too.

If stucked in WLA movie, you probably dont have latest game files downloaded. Usually that happens if there is corrupted game files. You need to verify those in steam by right clicking arma3 -> properties -> few pages right-> verify.