SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Its v1.99711, but often I forgot to update it. Avoided to reach 2.0 so it looks bit strange, but overally the version number dont mean anything.

Okay thanks, thought i did something wrong ^^

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

Can you add this Big Military Towers to the building menu in next update? And the big Solar Tower would be cool if you could add this.

enjoying the base building features :) just a question. what do you think about allowing base placement from the tactical view? at the moment, when in tactical view, game treats unplaced base components as real world objects (so a large object will actually hurt you just by browsing construction options (shift-c). just that tactical view would be very convenient for precise placement of elements.

back to liberating Altis :)

This looks very cool. Are you interested in teaming up? I have completed large scale changes to wasteland to fix many broken features, and see a lot of similarities with what you are doing. Ive unlocked persistent texture changes, new customization options and the ability to spawn infinite groups without them failing in longer missions.

Edited by ronin1979ca

Supporting tactical view is bit more tricky, but may try to work on that at some point. Before that I should work to have virtual shapes for those big building objects.

Thanks, but enjoying to work alone. :) I think the most important thing when creating dynamic sandbox missions is to stay as familiar of scripts as possible. Creating all by myself there is no suprises/unknown code. Team-work could end up very easily to much extra hassle and bring more limitations since features would need to be less integrated and adding experimental new content would be more tricky. Only could have additional story-writers and voice-actors, but maybe still bit early for that too.

Little hint\cheat about constracting: use Shift+C when in AR-2 Darter drone (UAV) ;)

When starting new game with Bornholm map I dont get the option to use the rhs mods. Is there something special I should be doing? Works fine on altis map. Thanks.

Do you have to do anything to get Iron Front to work? Isn't that a game from an older version of the same engine?

RHS should appear normally with any map. Are you sure you had accidentally disabled the mod? Or having only US or RUS side enabled (need to have both packs installed to have the option)? But checking more if there is some bug. So far cant find anything wrong in scripts.

Iron Front needs to be converted for ArmA3 using many installation steps/community patches. You can find all info here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3

It can be bit tricky to get the mod work, but its worth of it ;). Myself I forgot to unpack the community patches first twice until the blue icon appeared.

Thanks! It sounds amazing.

I really wish your mod got more attention than it does. For me, it's the only reason I play ARMA3.

After 20 or so hours messing around in WLA, i finally reached chapter 3. Having a lot of fun, and just wanted to say thank you onece more***J

Have few ideas what could possibly be cool feature for WLA. Maybe something is interesting for you?

-******************************Multiple save slots (so You could play different skyles without losing progress. For example maybe you could play one campaign slowly as undercover, small infantry squads, but have on another save slot campaign with full out war, vehicles, aircraft, and so on)

-******************************In construction mode, ability to save placement of several objects as a goup for future use (sort of like MS Office lets you group several objects into one. That way you can save placement of*** for example 3 sandbags and 3 fixed AI weapons. And if you use those particular objects often, than its convenient to just place them all at onece, perfectly all the time)

Thanks you both :)

Multiple save slots is possible, may add it later. Worked also earlier on object templates for posts, but didnt get custom angles work fully right yet. Some object offsets are giving trouble or missing something else. Will check it at some point again.

RHS should appear normally with any map. Are you sure you had accidentally disabled the mod? Or having only US or RUS side enabled (need to have both packs installed to have the option)? But checking more if there is some bug. So far cant find anything wrong in scripts.

Thanks, I think the problem might be that I have also the config pbo installed that makes all the russian factions into one faction "Russia (All)", could this prevent your mod from picking up the russian faction??

Thanks.

Hi. SaOk, you wrote you are making an WLA with 2 sides: US and Rus.

So: 1) make a function to select part at the beginning (rus or us).

2) let people create their own team. (I played 3 times, and every time I delete second, third and fourth soldier in my team, and hire new soldiers). Maybe player could start mission by one soldier and take refund for other team members and weapons.

3) it would be great if there is an oportunity to hire soldiers who you see in front of you or passing near you. For example 1 sniper with sniper rifle and amunition = 200$, but some guy with pistol and without pants and worse stats = 50$.

p.s. I couldn't find that test mission with RHS mod.

P.s.s sorry for my English

Creating own team either before drop or after drop and once base established is a good idea I think. Generally when starting a game I would find it much easier as a single unit with construction truck to zoom around until I found a good spot to build a base, then recruit my team. Even just the option to do it this way would be nice.

im just wondering, why has BI failed to make a proper persistent campaign?

if SaOK can do this amazing job on his own, and in spare time, just imagine what is possible for the developer to do?!

I just dont understand why is this such a low priority for them?

im just wondering, why has BI failed to make a proper persistent campaign?

if SaOK can do this amazing job on his own, and in spare time, just imagine what is possible for the developer to do?!

I just dont understand why is this such a low priority for them?

This has never been a priority for them

Not sure with the "Russian (all)"-pbo, the RHS setting should appear if two classnames (1 unit from US and RUS) exist. Unless the pbo changes classname, that should have effect.

Allowing to play in russian side, needs quite much changes since the resistance side would probably conflict (may neet to release separate mission file for it). But I try to work on that at somepoint later. Allowing more detailed team creating would be nice, will see. You can already make any High Command groups from Ctrl+Space view join your team by using shift+1 -> other. Each joining soldier cost 100, unless you attach back own created HC group.

Orginally there was meant to be fully dynamic sandbox campaign in ArmA2 (or it was called still Game2 in the preview article then). It was only hype at the end, but got much ideas from it to be used in this my project. :) But still endlessly features to add and upgrade.

what AI enhancing addons would You suggest, that are compatible with WLA?

i have read a few comments here about ALIVE mod, and MCC mod. But dont really understand what exactly they change.

But reading the features on mod webpages it really seems cool enhancement.

what AI enhancing addons would You suggest, that are compatible with WLA?

i have read a few comments here about ALIVE mod, and MCC mod. But dont really understand what exactly they change.

But reading the features on mod webpages it really seems cool enhancement.

ALiVE and MCC don't really affect ground level AI, they are more like commander AI moving squads etc but not affecting how they actually fight when the combat starts. Something like bCombat, ASRAI, AISS or VComAI are the ones to use for actual firefight AI improvements.

MCC is good as it allows you to access 3d editor during game, change things and access Zeus to kind of give you some advantages. MCC also has some other really cool functions too. ALiVE is good but will only work if you can access the mission via editor and add the required modules to make it work so is more of a mission designer tool and not a player tool. Have a play with MCC, I know a few here who play WLA use it. Personally, SaOk has done a top job and all you really need is a ground level AI mod and away you go.

Hi again. During play I noticed some bugs.

1) On map Chernarus after finish quest "contact with locals to get to know about resistance" game begins freezing. I went to rescue the head of resistance from cell, but there was only cell without any people in it. I think game trying to create those people and fails, so game trys to create them again and again and freezes.

2) also there are some errors:

a) Cannot open object

rds_a2port_weapons/svd/svd.p3d

b) no entry

bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets.25mmSparks

c) no entry

bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets.DirtBulletImpact4

P.S. Explain me how to renumber my team soldiers? Because I deleted #3 and #4 in my teaam, so I play team: me, #2,#5 - I want to play: me, #2, #3 (chenage #5 to #3)

Edited by gopanchik

Hi again. During play I noticed some bugs.

1) On map Chernarus after finish quest "contact with locals to get to know about resistance" game begins freezing. I went to rescue the head of resistance from cell, but there was only cell without any people in it. I think game trying to create those people and fails, so game trys to create them again and again and freezes.

2) also there are some errors:

a) rds_a2port_weapons/svd/svd.p3d

b) no entry

c) no entry

P.S. Explain me how to renumber my team soldiers? Because I deleted #3 and #4 in my teaam, so I play team: me, #2,#5 - I want to play: me, #2, #3 (chenage #5 to #3)

about:

b) no entry

c) no entry

Do you run Blastcore? I think the 25mm Sparks & Dirt Bullet Impact error was from Blastcore..

To re-number your Squad it´s enough to use Fast Travel.

about:

b) no entry

c) no entry

Do you run Blastcore? I think the 25mm Sparks & Dirt Bullet Impact error was from Blastcore..

To re-number your Squad it´s enough to use Fast Travel.

Thank you. What about re-number not in this scenario? for example in official campaing?

P.S. I use @Blastcore-A3

Edited by gopanchik

Thank you. What about re-number not in this scenario? for example in official campaing?

P.S. I use @Blastcore-A3

The Blastcore issues cant be fixed by user, only the Author can do this. But he wont fix it cause he is working on the new Blastcore right now.

To re-number in Campaign you could try to save your Game and load your saved Game, maybe this will work.