SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

I dont know man.

This issue reminds an issue i recently had playing "Dying Ember" by Undeceived campaign.

From a point i couldn't interact with vehicles neither ammo boxes.

For me it was a state that broke any progress until then.(bug stayed permanent to save file)

and i have used "endmission" to bypass it-losing remaining tasks (and rewards) from it

I was hoping to never heard for such an issue again :/

@barrett217

1) If you just drop your weapon on ground do u have "action" to take it back or to see it on ground pool pressing "I" key?

2)Do you get any strange sounds everytime u press "esc" to pause the game and resume it again?

That sounds like what I was having, not able to get in ammo boxes as well. The strange sound, it sounded like when you are getting healed and it kept on going until I stopped playing it.

That sounds like what I was having, not able to get in ammo boxes as well. The strange sound, it sounded like when you are getting healed and it kept on going until I stopped playing it.

Bingo man..same $hit (not in this mission tho) *relevant post*

Is it the CBA causing it?/the custom auto-saves? (because the other campaign i m talking

also was using custom save features)

Somebody must know about this.. ^^

Edited by GiorgyGR

I had this sound with instantly "heal sound" right now when playing WLA. Alt+F4 helped ^^

The point is:if u trick yourself and notice this AFTER a save/autosave..your game/progress is screwed.

Only a restart mission can save you (unless there is some magic to be done via debug console-when available)

Back after a small break from ArmA 3.

Downloaded latest version of WLA.

Looks like there are a lot of nice changes.

However, I'm still experiences the usual slowdown I've seen before, when the A3 Configuration menu becomes very slow or inaccessible after a short while. It has now happened at the very beginning. I've just talked to some locals and setup a camp. I then noticed the AI took down the AA and I failed protecting the civilian because he was too far away and behind enemy lines. Nothing else, and A3 Config menu is inaccessible.

The rest seems okay though.

I have no mods loaded. This is pure vanilla.

Cheers :)

That heal sound shouldnt save into my custom save (which can be loaded after restart). Very unlikely its mission related, same for that A3 configuration issue. There shouldnt be way to break those in mission side.

That heal sound shouldnt save into my custom save (which can be loaded after restart). Very unlikely its mission related, same for that A3 configuration issue. There shouldnt be way to break those in mission side.

Is anything comes to your mind SaOk about this?..

From my experience i met the issue on another mate's mission.

*ps Awaiting for next version :D

Sa0k, will you add a feature where it allows you to set certain weapons/additional weapons are set for each side or role, so 3rd party weapon/mods are a little bit more compatible.

Like a recon marksman actually using a weapon that was predefined for it before the game started, so they aren't randomized into using a PDW as such?

Or will that be on the lower end of the list of priorities in terms of updating the mission?

Sa0k, will you add a feature where it allows you to set certain weapons/additional weapons are set for each side or role, so 3rd party weapon/mods are a little bit more compatible.

Like a recon marksman actually using a weapon that was predefined for it before the game started, so they aren't randomized into using a PDW as such?

Or will that be on the lower end of the list of priorities in terms of updating the mission?

Until SaOk replies to you..i must remind you there is an option (sorry my brain is toast/can't remember path) for "Random weapons" which is enabled by default-so this might be the culprit for those *Random loadouts.

Now combine this with WLA's option "mods" where you can enable specific asset mods which u are running in your command line..and i m *guessing you ll get more pleasant results.

;)

Until SaOk replies to you..i must remind you there is an option (sorry my brain is toast/can't remember path) for "Random weapons" which is enabled by default-so this might be the culprit for those *Random loadouts.

Now combine this with WLA's option "mods" where you can enable specific asset mods which u are running in your command line..and i m *guessing you ll get more pleasant results.

;)

Ah, thanks.

I'll see if I can find what you're talking about in the PBO file.

Ah, thanks.

I'll see if I can find what you're talking about in the PBO file.

I really don't think there is need for such an effort.

Everything i said can be found in the custom mission options (shift+1)+mission startscreen choices

I really don't think there is need for such an effort.

Everything i said can be found in the custom mission options (shift+1)+mission startscreen choices

Really?

If you're talking about the mods button, every time I clicked on that, nothing happened.

Really?

If you're talking about the mods button, every time I clicked on that, nothing happened.

Sorry i still haven't fiddle with this function *yet -and (again as i m guessing) a combination with the choice *Disable random weapons

will probably work towards the direction you want.

Unfortunately..i can't tell you exactly where i 've seen the selection.It's "in there ..somewhere" :)

Just wondering if there's an explanation of what the various resources do?

Pier's, Storage, etc.. Factory I worked out, but I haven't worked out what happens when you ask a village to be a factory for you - for instance.

300ish pages is actually kinda hard to find anything with search.

Thanks for any help.

The civ task reward factories and other locations work the same way as captured ones, but only have x0.5 effect. As positive side, enemy dont try to capture those currently (except maybe factories, CSAT may also build guardpost near those to get more hidden prestige points for them. I will check that).

Hope to expand the consept with more events and features soon, but will also need to work on the COOP version.

same for that A3 configuration issue.

If not mission related, then I'm at a loss as to what does it. I only see it in WLA and it happens this way.

I start new mission. A3 config menu works perfectly, no delay. But then it gets slower and slower as the mission progresses.

It can't be other mods as there are none loaded.

A3 as also been reinstalled and checked.

Any ideas?

Yeah I have no idea what the "captured" ones do however, I have captured a port atm, no idea what it does. Can't see a special menu or anything for it.

Same for power plant or storage. I know airports allow for equipment shops and factories produce all manner of things... That's all I can see so far ;) I'm playing SP.

Good tutorial video on these things somewhere or something ?

Its explained in briefing (M-key). To get timed prestige from 1 factory you need 0.5 power and 0.25 pier, if there is not enough power or pier then the factory dont have effect, and power and pier alone dont have any effect. E.g. 2 factory, 0.5 power and 0.25 pier would only give prestige from one factory. When having factories, there is color symbols showing if you dont have enough power or piers. The storages arent needed, those just give 10% bonus (if having factory or more running).

Maybe the A3 config menu dosent like something in the mission, but very hard to find out what it would be.

I see I see, so it's only good for prestige per tick... There's no other bonuses like equipment or anything from anything but a factory and airports ?

Great thanks for the help with that.

lol I was sitting at a pier trying to see if I could get a boat ;)

But I also noticed things like 50% discount for having an Antenna, but what do the rest of the things do ? Anything ?

Hey Sa0k

Are you able to update the OP with the maps this mod supports? It's hard to trawl the thread finding the maps that aren't listed there

Thanks

This freakin' mission it's a standalone game itself (*tags:FPS/RTS/RPG/STRATEGY and all others i haven't mention yet..)

Fakin hats off

Soak, any plans to adapt the new VAS system for the rest of the mod besides just using it at startup? I ask because the current system is a little rough. Now after saying that let me say I am impressed with it as a system. Constructively I love the need to acquire gear. That I completely agree and am for. The interface is more the challenge. Once you've been playing for a while the system becomes very slow as you get more weapons and gear. Additionally time scrolling through very generic menus like the gear menu. Having to scroll through all the uniforms to find a piece of gear is a little tedious. The VA system does a good job of already breaking those down into categories.

Maybe have a new building you can buy that allows you to access it. Then make it cost 100-200 prestige each time you use it. I don't know if there is a way that you can modify your current system to use it.

Again I love the system in general. Having to pick up gear from body's with y is perfect, and the idea that you need to loot to supply your army is also great.

Possible stupid question to everyone who plays this. How do you tell where you can use mortar strikes. I haven't figured out how that is indicated, and when I have access to it. Would love to shell a position before we go in.

Keep up the great work Soak!

Edit: just got done playing a bit. For some reason my version on the Cherno map stop recognizing the m4 mod.

A funny moment when I air dropped the nato weapons and hit y at the crate. Nothing happened so I thought it just didn't work. 5-10 min later the whole screen fills up with guns once it finally registered them haha.

I've almost won this particular session. LOVE IT!!!

Edited by Flyguybc

I can agree with above poster about the Gear system. Could use VAS.

If I've understood it correctly, I can only pick up weapons if I'm near a truck/armored vehicle of mine? Because that rarely happens. I move by foot. Safer that way.

I tend to just pick up ammo and grenades from enemies I kill and move on. Once I have found a weapon I can live with.