SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Thanks all :), the conversation begin when player have not shoot for some time, the enemy AI is disabled for that time, but sometimes it can cause easier death especially with higher AI skills. Will tweak it more, but some cutscenes need to played before player reach certain other events.

The COOP update will take time but its coming, hope to have much new stuff released for it before end of November.

The construct dialog seem to open sometimes twice especially if performance have stuttered when opening it. Havent yet managed to prevent that multicreateing. It just ignores some of the conditions. Maybe somekind of quening system is needed.

@SaOk

Kewl...

Maybe a solution could be having a static camp set up on an island that is immune to enemy spawns and heavily defended with AA and Support... So you warp to that island and have to make your way from there, like as if you got transport to it via boat or heli? A rebel island, this could also double as a safe zone while we sort out our team?

Just thinking out loud...

I got a weird bug last night.

I was told to go to an area to look for a lost civilian. I decided to not bother after a little search and flew away in my helicopter. While I was over the middle of the ocean, the task was cancelled and I failed. That was fine. About a minute later my character said something about how it was a shame that the civilian was never found, but then it warped me back to where the task failed and was cancelled - in the middle of the ocean.

So there I was flying for one second, then the next I am swimming in the middle of the ocean and my helicopter is gone

:/

It seems that when the task fails, there is a small cut scene soon after when the player says something. When that happens, you are taken back to where it failed. That doesn't seem right.

Yeah, this mission is near a small forest with a couple of trees, i think it depends on the position where u get this mission from this civilian, i prefer mostly to start this missions when i am middle of the island. A year ago i had the problem to rescue the POW, but this was impossible cause he was stucked in the mountain next to the ocean. So you should try this method which i mentioned.

Another example is the Airport/RescuePOW situation. When you are close to an Airfield 1-3km and you ask the civilian where you could find the POW then mostly he is on an Airfield, but the Airfield is mostly unuseable then, the structures of CSAT are very often placed on the runway then.

There should be check that the cutscene dont play if player is in chopper. Will check it, also make cutscenes not play if over water. And also not make that task fail if player is far from the location.

Edit: It checked that if player was 2 meter over terrain level, then it shouldnt have played.

Edited by SaOk

Hey SaoK,

just wanna ask how to get the Outro clip, is it necessary that i have some various missions completed or something like that?

I finished the Map "Panthera" (yeah i know, not supported by WLA) but CSAT spawned a couple groups after i made this picture, so there was no End ^^ I know it´s possible that the map caused the issue.

I personally like to play these maps (Sahrani,Panthera,Fata & Reshmaan) cause i have much better Frames and less rpt errors as i have when i play Bornholm,Altis &Cherno

1bvs15.jpg

Hey SaoK,

just wanna ask how to get the Outro clip, is it necessary that i have some various missions completed or something like that?

I finished the Map "Panthera" (yeah i know, not supported by WLA) but CSAT spawned a couple groups after i made this picture, so there was no End ^^ I know it´s possible that the map caused the issue.

I personally like to play these maps (Sahrani,Panthera,Fata & Reshmaan) cause i have much better Frames and less rpt errors as i have when i play Bornholm,Altis &Cherno

http://abload.de/thumb2/1bvs15.jpg

Hehe I feel your feeling mate I have download the big map pack (6gb) to try it on arma 1 map it was one of my favorite map from arma series I have see there is everon also I need to try this out

I played Everon too (all Versions of it ^^) and one Version has thrown a ton of rpt. errors, after ~ 1hr Gameplay the frames started to going down, but dont know which Everon this was (think the 2010 Version)

Good map, but a little boring cause there are not so many buildings, a ton buildings more and the map would be a lot better in my opinion. One of my favs maps is "Napf" too bad there is this Waterline Grid Bug or something, so dont use an Aircraft there, if you stayin as Soldier/Tank and ddidnt pass a specific height on the map the Waterline Bug wont show up.

btw: Lingor & Taviana and Duala didnt work, too bad :(

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

Playing non-supported maps will cause much trouble since there is no piers and other locations set (making much condition searches fail). Not sure if that also caused that Panthera not to end, but normally you would need to have just all camps captured to end the mission (there is extraction task made then). But there is no outro played except if playing on Altis.

Try this if more camps would appear:

{_x setmarkersize [1,1];} foreach AmbientZonesN;

Or just:

{_x setmarkercolor "ColorBlue";} foreach AmbientZonesN;

There is much nearest-checks for other locations too, gets quite tricky but may support unsupported maps too at some point later. Before that more selected map support coming.

Ok now .. I tried to understand everything but an important question remained:

How can I play this thing COOP, with RHS and on Chernarus?

Is it working already?

WLA COOP isnt yet supporting those, but will try to include the features in month or two. Some bigger COOP update at least coming already this month.

Edited by SaOk

WLA COOP isnt yet supporting those, but will try to include the features in month or two. Some bigger COOP update at least coming already this month.

Ok thanks for the information. My group and I are looking forward to it :)

There should be check that the cutscene dont play if player is in chopper. Will check it, also make cutscenes not play if over water. And also not make that task fail if player is far from the location.

Edit: It checked that if player was 2 meter over terrain level, then it shouldnt have played.

I probably was 2 metres over terrain as I have to fly very low to avoid being shot down, but still, I was in my helicopter one second, and then in the ocean about 2-3km back the next

Edit: It checked that if player was 2 meter over terrain level, then it shouldn't have played.

I had something similar... My Heli touched undercarriage for a millisecond and I was whisked 3km away to where some stupid civi died and thus had to walk back to my helicopter only to have it and my squad mate get zapped into oblivion by a roaming BMP... *sad hands*

So far for me the only slightly annoying thing is the forced cut-scenes... The best solution I can think of... Is reward more points for completing missions, BUT make us travel to an island or isolated area immune to enemies to get a debrief from the POC (point of contact) who gave us the mission... This would work more like Skyrim... And all other RPG's to date...

Still favorite mission... By far...

The cutscene is meant to play at current player position, but just realized it plays in the location where player was when the cutscene begin to wait to get started. Will fix that soon.

Anyway to improve the cargo house for servicing vehicles? It doesn't work on a lot of addons and sometimes with vanilla stuff and setting up the 3 trucks doesnt work because they always move around or disappear. Also does the sling loading not work yet in the mission? Needed to lift two vehicles out earlier and couldn't get it to work. Would be better imo to have a service station and just let people put their vehicles near it for servicing or for example the new containers for Ammo/Refuel/Repair etc.

Loving the mission again though with the RHS stuff makes it so much more fun although it does bug when you try and get into some of the vehicles and you just freeze there until something kills you but not sure if thats a RHS issue or the mission/clash with one of my mods.

Will check the cargo house. Sling loading should already work, just need to be inside chopper when pressing shift+9. I have improved the function for next update (ropes have correct attach-posititions if chopper/loaded vehicle have those in config). Also paradropped empty vehicles are brought with chopper (sling loaded). Still some tweaking needed, but release in day or few.

So is it the new sling loading feature or your own? I got in the Huron earlier and the usual option didn't pop up but will try the shift+9, thanks.

Its my own system, but using ofcourse the same sling loading script-commands. As extra you can also sling load armored vehicles with my function.

Edited by SaOk

New WLA SP update: Added auto-enable support for RHS Escalation (if new progress), new DLC choppers added (some show only with new progress unless using the mod-function), called empty vehicles are brought sling loaded, +other tweaks.

Nice timing, will try is in few minutes. I played last times without RHS cause i missed the stupid Iranic voices of my victims ^^