SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Hello...

I updated the mission and rstarted with ' continue old saved game'...

As Already reported, I had to 'restart' 3 times before having a 'consistent' restart...

1st time the team and I were spawned in a remote zone, away from saved location...

2nd time, we were spawned at the correct location apart 1 team mate, which was at what I think was the original spawning location of the mission..

3rd restart, all went fine, we were all there, and no vehicle was lost...

This happenened till I continued to restart in same game session...

I mean, after 3rd restart I started playing as usual, and found many team mates refused to mount on vehicles as driver, or when mounted, they do not drive at all...

So, exited the game, I restored to the previous copy of saved games and executed again all the steps from scratch, so, 'restart' mission and 'continue saved game', everything happened the exact same way, 1st restart, all at wrong location ( the same as before ), 2nd time, 1 team mate spawned at wrong location, 3rd time, all ok, and this time, AI behaved normally... this shows this behaviour was consistens with the saved game, and not randomic...

One thing I noticed: during 1st 'session' of the restored mission, I moved some vehicles from their original saved location, to check why AI was not 'driving' them...

When I restored the saved games the 2nd time, and started restore steps again, I found the same vehicles already in such new position, not in the original I left them in the savegames before any mission update, that leads me to conclude that some stuff is saved elsewhere, and not updated/synced really with the mission saves...

Another thing, this task related in this new mission:

I had the task to move 4 crates of ammunitions to a resistance camp, but when I go to load the crates, there are only 3, I looked around, and found no other, so, the task never completes ( there is a way to force it to complete now ?), and, I think there are some problems in 'unloading' the crates with HEMTT : one crate was always 'unloaded' under the vehicle and immediatly explodes, whichever position the HEMTT was... I then restarted from last save game, and then everything was unloaded the correct way...

Hope this helps...

Alex

Edited by AlexRed

Thanks, will take a look of the resume issue, but very strange it have been working right for me so far. Have you checked the game files (Right click ArmA3 -> properties -> verify local files)? The support/supply crate have buggy offset that BIS havent fixed after it appeared some month(s) ago, probably that caused the truck to explode. May remove those crates from the mission. The task should end after timer, but checking why there could have been only 3 crates.

Edited by SaOk

I had similar issue to AlexRed. What I did to workaround this - instead of restarting mission after updating one of earlier versions, and then "countinue old save" in mission start menu, I clicked "continue" in - in-game menu, and everything worked like charm - vehicles, team, mission progress, tasks was where I left it saving with WLA menu with shift-1.

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

oh, BTW it was dropbox version of this mission. I prefer dropbox versions, because I have more control over it, and I allways know whcich version I'm playing - steam workshop mission tends to update on a weekly basis, so if there is more update then one in week I end up with old version, even if there is new one published on steam workshop.

I had similar issue to AlexRed. What I did to workaround this - instead of restarting mission after updating one of earlier versions, and then "countinue old save" in mission start menu, I clicked "continue" in - in-game menu, and everything worked like charm - vehicles, team, mission progress, tasks was where I left it saving with WLA menu with shift-1.

Yes, that may work but you cannot count on it as any changes in the mission file may not work if you do it that way.

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

Just tried your way and it works, but as I said, I don't think you can count on it working probably with new updates.

I've seen this error:

Error in expression <dex;
} else {
[_xx,_post,getmarkercolor _marker] CALL _f1;
};
};
if (_a > 0) the>
 Error position: <_marker] CALL _f1;
};
};
if (_a > 0) the>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _marker
File missions\__cur_sp.altis\AmbientGuardPost.sqf, line 515

Hello SaOk,

I have an update about the 4 crates task...

Finally I found the 4th crate, it was quite far away from the others, but I can not tell you exactly where...

I was on a pier, so, it could have been in water ( but I did not see it ), in a cargo container, or even under the pier concrete itself, for the known problem of height offsets that Arma has ( try to build a small bag bunker on a pier and you know what I mean )...

So, the task, apart the unloading problem, appears to work ok...

Edited by AlexRed

Meh, this Static TitanAA´s spawn where and whenever they want, i noticed they prefer the "spawn infront my helicopter, 200 meters away with guarantee to hit me" method. So happen 3 times in a row when i was flying actually. Especially the " StaticTitanAA" which spawns right there where 10 Soldiers from my side are, most epic that they didnt shoot them, seems they enjoy how the enemy is firing my ass down to earth :mad:

Should drink a cup of tea, otherwise i could rage out my pc out of my window ^^

The tiny camps had random AA-launchers. Removed those for next update (in few days).

Cool man, looking forward to it. Now should be a restriction or something needed, to prevent that the Csat Dildo Boys are able to spawn everywhere with small groups, even in your camp or a camp controlled by other friendlies. When they couldnt spawn everywhere it shall be possible to takeover the island. When they still will spawn wherever they want i dont think that it is possible to win this ever..

Whats the best AI mod people use with this mission? Looking for something that makes battles a bit more interesting than just AI just seeing each other and wiping each other out or AI hitting you from silly distances with a CQB sight. I've tried a few from the Six program but some seem to completely break the AI and they become a nightmare to control.

Now should be a restriction or something needed
yeah a ai Population Cap would be good.

I would prefer a version without any civilians, only those civilians shall be active which are needed for the mission like POW civilian. The civilians ai costs perfomance and they are stupid as shit, mean such things like walking into fireline while shooting or things like civilians which are floating in their own house cause they stuck in the wall (thanks BI.NOT)

Despite the obvious potential performance hits, I like the immersion value of having civilians etc. so this is not just an other mission filled with soldiers in an otherwise empty world.

Yes I am not very willing to remove ambient stuff, only added the toggle for animals since those seemed to cause physX crashes. Trying to have much small details for better immersion. There is also only around 10 civilians at max at one time. Those shouldnt have much impact on performance.

I dont know, for me it breaks immersion when the civs are floating in groups (had funniest scenes at the Altis Hotel which came with the Update a few months ago) inside the buildings or they simply walk into your sight while shooting

Thats why i prefer the forest an free areas of Altis, no chance for floating point there^^

I agree that some optimization for civs and other ambient stuff is definitely in order as many times where they are and how they react/interact doesn't make sense at all, but to remove them because of that, no.

:)

I believe some rules should be defined as to when and where civs spawn, as well as other ambient stuff. I mean, civs spawning in military compounds... I should think they would get arrested. :)

:)

I believe some rules should be defined as to when and where civs spawn, as well as other ambient stuff. I mean, civs spawning in military compounds... I should think they would get arrested. :)

Or directly attacked with Gunfire ^^

New WLA SP update: Some new tasks, UI improvements, team-mate skill settings, more guidance (added more wla-menu topics) + much tweaks/fixes including much performance tweaks.

If having completed the main tasks, the new tasks require full restart, or you can launch those from ESC-menu/press exec once with (dont write the rows with //):

//If you have completed capture airfield task already

[] SPAWN TERES1;

//If you have met Green leader already

[] SPAWN TEGR2;

Not needed with fresh game. Or if you have completed the capture airfield task (use [] SPAWN TERES1), or/and met the green army leader (use [] SPAWN TEGR2).

Edited by SaOk

Ok, i prefer a new game. Just wanted to know if that is needed when stating a new game. Thanks dude, will try it tonight :)

Would you mind to start including version numbers and some details change logs on the front page. Reason is that if someone doesn't play this for a while and comes to check there's nothing on the front page showing there's been an update or what the update is. You have to try and figure out when you last updated and then dig through the forums to see figure out what has changed.

I am slow to write the change logs and usually forgetting much of the changes, so havent been listing those for WLA, expect very overall changes can be read in workshop mission's page data. This way could have also focused more on the mission editing itself.

I am slow to write the change logs and usually forgetting much of the changes, so havent been listing those for WLA, expect very overall changes can be read in workshop mission's page data. This way could have also focused more on the mission editing itself.

Can you at least include a version number in the files/front page then.