SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

You need an Engineer in your team, when u start a new Game the #2 "Hardy" is an Engineer. So select only "Hardy" and point wih your Cursor on that IED. Disarm IED or something like that should be now available in the Action menu.

Or you select only Hardy, then press 6 on your keyboard and then u choose the Disarming option which should be somewhere in the Action menu

You need an Engineer in your team, when u start a new Game the #2 "Hardy" is an Engineer. So select only "Hardy" and point wih your Cursor on that IED. Disarm IED or something like that should be now available in the Action menu.

Or you select only Hardy, then press 6 on your keyboard and then u choose the Disarming option which should be somewhere in the Action menu

With AGM enabled it alters how the base game works. It adds the AGM toolkit which at the moment you either have to get the items through debug or like I have (added #include R3F Logistics in the mission folder and repbo it. Then using the debug console activate the script manually on an object with [execVM "R3F_LOG\init.sqf";] then [nul = [cursorTarget] execVM "R3F_LOG\USER_FUNCT\init_creation_factory.sqf";]

I have tried having the tool for disarm and a toolkit in the AI bag as well as on my self. I approached the IED on my belly and there was no option to disarm. As soon as I was within arms reach BOOM. On the Random Ied script there is an option in the config files that you can set the unit types that can diffuse and or the item they must have to diffuse the IED. I was asking if there is any such file within the PBO to do this as the IED scripts I can see don't have anything about this.

Getting the slowdowns again when using mission UI features (Y, shift+1, shift+c, constructing, moving an object, etc.).

This time I'm playing on hard.

I'm not 100% sure, because I'm just now starting to see what seems like a pattern, but it seems to only occur when I'm doing Hard difficulty.

Again, what is the difference between hard and easy? Prestige I can see, but beyond that?

Gear drop crates dropped in the water, out of reach.

Hi.

i get new Errors:

---arma32014-09-1401-l4egh.jpg arma32014-09-1402-29-94e01.jpg arma32014-09-1403-47-xoftj.jpg arma32014-09-1403-55-licmf.jpg arma32014-09-1404-32-dpemh.jpg ---arma32014-09-1423-qnc0a.jpg

And sometimes i respawn near my "last" position(with a errormessage), although i dont die.

arma32014-09-1420-50-xrdy3.jpg

my mods:

lottamodsa6cxr.jpg

Thanks, :) fixed the one that was from my scripts. Rest are game/module script errors.

With easier difficulties there is less vehicle zones and CSAT build stuff slower. Will see if the slow downs would be related to that but unlikely.

Will work on certain other issues too with the cutscenes.

The IED:s detonate without possibility to disarm them, will see if it would be possible to improve that too.

Thank you SoAk for clearing up about the mines. Hope you can implement disarm. makes the game a bit more real :D

With easier difficulties there is less vehicle zones and CSAT build stuff slower. Will see if the slow downs would be related to that but unlikely.

I'm puzzled why hard difficulty should cause that problem and can easily see it being caused by something else. I'm just at a loss at what that might be. And it seems to only happen at hard... Well, I only know about hard and easy as they are the only two I've tested at so far. I will try to go deeper into finding the cause, if it is a mod or the mission.

---------- Post added at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 ----------

please do find a fix for the construction dialog. I was moving a H-barrier around when all of a sudden, a big building appeared instead make tank and other things around explode.

Is there a reason it has to go out of moving an object around after 5 meter? Why not just have it when the player press shift+c again?

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 ----------

About difficulty and balancing...

Right now I'm playing at hard with max VZones and all else at max, just to try and stress test and without any mods or addons.

All I've done so far is build up camp wolf (cheated a bit by giving myself some extra prestige).

Besides a few fights with opfor around camp wolf, all fighting is simulated battles far away and I seem to be winning the war without participating in it at all.

Is this just one of those random things that sometimes happens, or has the balancing tipped the scale in blufor favour, even on hard?

How can i tell if the errors from a mod?

Usually from the error message itself. There often is a path to the file containing the error. That path often gives away which mod is at fault.

But not always. Sometime you have to guess or ask the mod creators.

I thought so.

It is right that the A3.pbo is a original Addon? These is always in my errors..

Which one is the error from soak?

Hey SaOk,

having a blast playing your mission, it truly became a masterpiece :) Chapeau!

Is there an update regarding eventhandlers? Unfortunately I have problems running Outlawled mag repack mod within your mission, it starts to initialize at the very beginning but does not work. It does work however in every other mission.

I saw this topic has been discussed back in January/February (#1280), any updates since then?

Also is there any trick to get the mortars working? Whenever I place them next to one of my outposts it seems I can't give them targets by myself since they don't appear in the support menu. They also barely shoot at any targets by themselves.

Cheers

Is there an update regarding eventhandlers? Unfortunately I have problems running Outlawled mag repack mod within your mission, it starts to initialize at the very beginning but does not work. It does work however in every other mission.

I saw this topic has been discussed back in January/February (#1280), any updates since then?

Mag repack works fine. I'm using it without problems.

Hmm... Actually I don't remember for sure, but I think I did change the default key to a different one and use that instead in all missions where I use it.

Also you should be aware that you might need to use moduload to initialise it, especially after loading a saved game. Occasionally you need to start the game, save it right away and then reload the saved game in order to get moduload to work.

Also is there any trick to get the mortars working? Whenever I place them next to one of my outposts it seems I can't give them targets by myself since they don't appear in the support menu. They also barely shoot at any targets by themselves.

The mortars you place from your construction menu, in your own camps, doesn't work. At least they are not under your control.

The mortars that are under your control, are the ones you place in captured bases using the military menu.

Cheers :)

Troymcc, the returnrandom.sqf error was mine. Still many of those BIS script errors are partially caused by the mission. They sometimes dont like the units getting deleted and its possible there is accidentally some bis module logics or invisible units gettting deleted even I have tried to prevent that. I will see if I could prevent some of those errors.

Thanks, ChuWie :) - The support menu gets broken randomly depending game build. Havent found a way to fix it. Normally it should work. The eventhandler conflic with certain mods is very hard to avoid in mission side. There could be some tricks to make certain mods work using moduload or similar addons, or the esc-menu debug-screen, but I have no experience with mods much.

The 5m moving limit in construct view is for newbie players so they wouldnt get stucked/frustrated with the object. But could increase that distance, maybe add option toggle for it. Checking the other reported issues and feedback too. New mission update coming in few days (need to work also on one game review which slows somebit).

I thought so.

It is right that the A3.pbo is a original Addon? These is always in my errors..

Which one is the error from soak?

Yes, A3.pbo is a BIS addon. I would suggest, if you haven't done so already, that you check your installation files on steam.

Are you using DEV version or vanilla version of A3?

The problem sometimes is that even though an error indicates it is in one file, it might actually be cause by a different error in an other file.

It can also help to look in the RPT files, which you should find here: "C:\Users\<<USER>>\AppData\Local\Arma 3"

Which of your pictures is SaOk's, he can better tell, but from what I see it looks like only the 4th picture is a WLA error one that SaOk can solve. The rest looks like BIS errors. But to be honost, it's more likely that it is an error with a MOD. It can still be a WLA error, if a call is malformed, though I would say it's some other MOD that has a problem.

The only way you can find out for sure, is if you disable your mods and see what happens. They if the errors are gone, slowly enable your mods one by one and test them out in game trying to provoke the errors.

New SP WLA update (dropbox, steam). Reworked start options + cinema WIP, to gather gear vehicles/crates need to be pointed now when using Y-key, other tweaks/fixes.

Here is the current version, will still work on the start options and cinema.

Status report

MODS: N/A (None loaded at all - pure vanilla. Only WLA).

Hard difficulty.

Max VZones.

I'm now seeing the slowdown of your code, dialogs and action keys, etc.

Also when this happens, I can't open the games configuration menu. I click on it and nothing happens.

I called in a lot of units and placed a lot of objects (walls, etc.).

"1 / 413 / Units: 111"

I've played for a few hours.

The slowdown, that has been reported numerous times for a long time, cannot have anything to do with any mod or addon. It is either the game itself or something in WLA.

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Lets see what the new update brings. :)

I will rewrite some big functions and also do other optimization for next update if it would help.

Just to make sure, you are not using resume button in scenarios menu after updating the mission? That would break things.

I will rewrite some big functions and also do other optimization for next update if it would help.

Just to make sure, you are not using resume button in scenarios menu after updating the mission? That would break things.

Resume button - Yes and no. Sometimes. I will do it each time there is a mission update from now on.

The slowdown I reported above, can't be because of that, though, as that was all tested with the same version (the one prior to the last update).

What needs to be optimized, I have no idea, but it seems to be some central and important functions that has an effect on the entire mission as a whole as well as the game, since it also hurts the game menus.

I like your new update. It's a nice start menu.

[...]you might need to use moduload to initialise it, especially after loading a saved game. Occasionally you need to start the game, save it right away and then reload the saved game in order to get moduload to work.

I tried that but it wasn't able to re-initialize mag repack. However I assumed that one of my other mods, namely AGM could be the cause, and indeed it was.

agm_interaction somehow prevents mag repack to re-initialize correctly, hence I had to disable agm_interaction, agm_attach and agm_reload, since they are dependent to each other. To much flaws so I think I gonna end up ditching Outlawled's mag repack.

AGM mod got a mag repack function too but I like Outlawled's one more.

The mortars you place from your construction menu, in your own camps, doesn't work. At least they are not under your control.

The mortars that are under your control, are the ones you place in captured bases using the military menu.

Right on point, thanks for clearing that up. That helped me out a lot. Thanks mate :)

[...]Reworked start options + cinema WIP

Loving the new intro screen :)

Keep the updates coming, it's becoming better and better. Will test this soon on AiA MP when I reconquered Altis.

[...]Also when this happens, I can't open the games configuration menu. I click on it and nothing happens.

I've experienced that too occasionally after a long session, thought it was just the fault of my potato PC, lol.

Edited by ChuWie

Something seems wrong with the new update, here the pic of the unitcounter

1kdua5.jpg

And it´s totaly quiet right now no action on the screen, i just making first mission to rescue POW, but noticed very long loadtimes till the task show up on the screen

Playtime: ~1,5 hours / No units ordered / 1 camp build with 2 AT Statics

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

I tried that but it wasn't able to re-initialize mag repack. However I assumed that one of my other mods, namely AGM could be the cause, and indeed it was.

agm_interaction somehow prevents mag repack to re-initialize correctly, hence I had to disable agm_interaction, agm_attach and agm_reload, since they are dependent to each other. To much flaws so I think I gonna end up ditching Outlawled's mag repack.

AGM mod got a mag repack function too but I like Outlawled's one more.

AGM does interfere a lot with various things, however I have both mag-repack and AGM repack working together. What I do with AGM, though, is I change most of it's default settings to other key-bindings, etc.

AGM Heal seems to interfere a lot too with things. It seems to use setCaptive on units and that can seriously mess with mission code.

AGM is great, but IMO, it is mostly useful in MP.

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Something seems wrong with the new update, here the pic of the unitcounter

http://abload.de/thumb2/1kdua5.jpg

And it´s totaly quiet right now no action on the screen, i just making first mission to rescue POW, but noticed very long loadtimes till the task show up on the screen

hehe - Seems low. :)

I don't know what has happened, but I just almost took the entire island of Altis without ever leaving camp wolf. All I was doing was building camp wolf. The simulation did the rest.

Status report

MODS: N/A (None loaded at all - pure vanilla. Only WLA).

Hard difficulty.

Max VZones.

I'm now seeing the slowdown of your code, dialogs and action keys, etc.

Also when this happens, I can't open the games configuration menu. I click on it and nothing happens.

I called in a lot of units and placed a lot of objects (walls, etc.).

"1 / 413 / Units: 111"

I've played for a few hours.

The slowdown, that has been reported numerous times for a long time, cannot have anything to do with any mod or addon. It is either the game itself or something in WLA.

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Lets see what the new update brings. :)

I know that bug which doesnt allow to open the Game options. Its always an first indication for me that i can quit the game soon. Sometimes its possible to open it when u "-flush" your Memory, but that isnt working always

I know that bug which doesnt allow to open the Game options. Its always an first indication for me that i can quit the game soon. Sometimes its possible to open it when u "-flush" your Memory, but that isnt working always

Yeah, it's a good indication that something is out of place.

I have a strong feeling it is because some array, has grown to such a size, the mission code has to spend an inordinate amount of time running through it without system resources being released. Maybe some code needs to be scheduled, if possible.

Stlassen, Sorry meant to say that if you use resume button in scenarios menu after updating mission file, that breaks things. Do not use it. ;) Only resume in mission start options.

There shouldnt have been changes to spawn more units, but doing testing soon once getting some more functions rewritten first (good progress already). Next mission update in day or few.

Are you counting vehicles also in that unit counter? Please use _n = [] execvm "statuswla.sqf"; instead.