SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

The "Gear" thing doesnt work properly. I buy a couple of guns to equip my teammates but after i bought them they didnt show up in the "Equip" section

I'm seeing some strange things happening.

It seem to happen when I move far away from the base area, 2+ km. I was about 2,5 km away at max for several hours.

Missing wall pieces.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auafjnp7w8a1y65/2014-09-12_00002.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kzkxo9hxla1ddz/2014-09-12_00005.jpg?dl=0

Collapsed vehicle camo net. Seems like two nets has spawned at the same place. I only placed one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmdppxp39vs6ciy/2014-09-12_00003.jpg?dl=0

Double spawned vehicle camo net. I only placed one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/91vyzakt25ez9e2/2014-09-12_00004.jpg?dl=0

Not sure if it relates to something you do or a game thing, but so far I've only seen this in this mission.

I have seen the objects doubling in new guardposts that are generated near, while testing. Havent yet managed to fit it, but probably its the same bug. Will test the gear function more too.

SaOK, are there any way to show in hint or some other place, the number of units active at a given time in the mission?

It is for debug purposes. There may be some incompatibilities with some mods and this mission simply due to the sheer number of units active, so it could be helpful to have some numbers, for finding the limits of the mods. Might also give insights that may help in optimizations.

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

nvm ;)

count allUnits;

count vehicles;

etc.

Edited by stlassen

Is something like this really necessary? I was not even close to these places full of red signs, further the progress the more of this signs shows up, but i dont understand why the whole map is full of this when i was not even close to this, i simply dont get it (in your earlier releases it wasn´t like that). A couple of minutes later the typical Arma Sickness of losing frames under magical circumstances has started with typical result of Quiting Game cause unplayable :(

1c9rti.jpg

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

nvm ;)

count allUnits;

count vehicles;

etc.

How do you limit the number of units?

Or rather what do you do to optimize the mission when lots of units are present. I'm especially thinking of those units several km away?

I'm asking because I've found that when the number of units in WLA gets too high, it breaks at least one MOD (GetTactical). But only when the number gets too high.

Yesterday I had 31 units and 51 vehicles, 82 in total, which seems to be close to or maybe even over the limit of that MOD.

Cheers :)

---------- Post added at 08:03 ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 ----------

An other thing... The gear management (shift+1).

I lag overview of what the units have equipped such as GPS.

I lag better overview of what is equipped and what is in a backpack etc.

BUG:

When I add an thing (in this case a GPS) to the units (uniform in this case) it doesn't show up. The gear manager shows it as there, but it's not. There were space enough to hold it.

Also I noticed the gear manager showing there to be items in a backpack etc. which are not there. (e.g. I put down the two bandages on the ground, yet the gear menu showed them still to be in the backpack.)

Also, when I want to exit customize gear, I do expect it to exit right away. It becomes annoying when it lingers on for a few seconds. Even though it is just a few seconds, it quickly become long seconds.

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 ----------

Just lost a lot of the armoured vehicles at base wolf due to them double spawning on top of themselves... KABOOM!

Edited by stlassen

New WLA update: Added slingloading (if using DEV-build, be in air vehicle and press shift+9), added option to toggle off random weapons for AI and animals, many other tweaks/fixes.

The DEV-build seem to have much physX crashes currently. Added the animal toggle just in case that would reduce crashing.

i played WLA on takistan a hour ago, it was not possible to hold the airport cause there were spawning always 2 tanks on random position ~ 1km from airport. It was like "killed 2*T-100 in north, 2*Kaymesh spawns in south. And that instantly without a break, 2 tanks destroyed, 2 new tanks spawns fresh in. Maybe a map issue, but i dont know. I check the new version now ^^

you have too many 'toggles' now adays, let our toggled options be saved so we dont have to do it again after restart

also, i check what sling loading is on youtube, why are your adding experimental content to your mission??

All toggles should save already if you use the custom savegame system (wla-menu button, wla-options autosave or 0-0-0). Only reset if starting new mission progress.

Sling loading is big feature, players could transport vehicles to factories for scraping (which also works now much more stable). And overally the whole idea in WLA is to have experimental features.

i meant this

Only reset if starting new mission progress
let it save, pilgrimage was able to save their options and i didnt have to press anything else other than just play after setting it up the first time

this mission will not be fully stable by the time it reaches october :\

I could change it for certain settings to remain even if reseting, not difficult thing to do.

Still much time to get the mission in proper shape. I have had some health issues slowing arma editing, but would expect to be in better shape soon. Could make much faster progress then.

Edited by SaOk

I could change it for certain settings to remain even if reseting, not difficulty.

Still much time to get the mission in proper shape. I have had some health issues slowing arma editing, but would expect to be in better shape soon. Could make much faster progress then.

I hope you get well soon ;)

I could change it for certain settings to remain even if reseting, not difficult thing to do.

get some FAK, you deserve it

Thanks :), but cant stay away. Need to do at least some progress each day.

But will go through the reported issues time to time even not instantly fixing all right away. Keep the feedback coming. Just made the exiting faster in gear function and also many other fixes. Couldnt reproduce the GPS issue yet, but will keep testing. Usually when I do some playtest, more bugs get fixed at the same time.

Gear function isnt yet finished, will keep updating it slowly toward the deadline, but need to focus more currently on other mission aspects.

Would be cool if you could tune down the spawnratio a bit. It´s so frustrating to setup a base, fighting, hiding and killing over 1000 of these dirty language clowns to quit after 10-12 hours cause all over the map is a red flag of csat. I cant imagine that modconflicts are the problem, it would be not logical why it runs 10 hours without problems and when the map is getting more and more of this red flags my frames goes into basement. Also not needed in my opinion is this flying AI over some areas with aircrafts, they help me so far that they are pushing down my frames and Arma have not much to spend of this frames.

Last night i tired first time to capture one of this "in Reserve" Points on the map, all signs this marker for Aircrafts, 1 helo killed - instantly the next one spawns in and kills me of course, this happend 17 times (propably there were "17 in Reserve", Ridculous)

I love your mission but some of the new things you added (for example Vehicle Zones and this ridiculous "in reserve" thing) makes the mission unplayable after a while, the AI dont gives a fuck if there are 8 frames, their aimbot is working always but a human wont hit anything with 8 frames :(

------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

I had the game now 1 hour running as i spotted an NATO AH-99 AI Chopper, he was just flying Circles, he doesnt give a fuck that i was stuck in a building cause outside waits a MRAP for me. I decided to wait and look what happend.

Result: nothing happend, the chopper has turning his Circles until he was out of Fuel and explodes on the crash. 40 minutes circles but not 1 shot to the MRAP. And the best is, 5 seconds later a new one spawned, again NATO AH-99, he didnt shot the MRAP, my reaction was Alt+F4 ^^

So my question: can you please implement back the old spawning method, and not this circling twats waiting in reserve. It destroys the whole mission for me :(

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

I try to make the reserve zones spawn from bigger distance so player have more time to react. You can increase the max active zones to 6. The performance will go much worse if not having any gap. The FPS issue itself isnt zone related (as said earlier the zones are just markers, nothing heavy. E.g. the borderline have much more markers), something else leaking. Will try to fix it. Will make it possible to have less those zones. Currently already the max amount of CSAT zones gets smaller if captuing camps and they cant spawn near captured pier.

Marker takes probably ~x10000 less performance away than an AI vehicle (still there is maybe some gap how many markers there can be). Earlier one performance issue was from overgrown array where I stored the marker names. When the array was used in condition, that caused FPS drops. Will look for that issue again.

Edit: Could you check this code in esc-menu, when the FPS goes down (or just after playing some time e.g. 1 or more hours):

hint format ["%1 %2", {getmarkerpos _x distance [0,0,0] < 50} count allmapmarkers, count allmapmarkers];

Edited by SaOk

Hello....

I am quite new here and to the game too, so I hope not to miss something...

I like this mission a lot, but I found the 'Y ke'y to gather all the weapons around you from dead soldiers, vehicles, crates, may create little issues...

For example, I use to load vehicles with stuff I may need during any particular mission, and of course, going around and after having conquered a place, I gather everything around...

The problem is that if the load vehicle I am using is too much near to me, I gather also everything from it, so, the vehicle becomes empty, and, if not near a friendly camp or mine, all that I previously loaded on the vehicle, becames unavailable till I am back home...

I think 'Y gathering' should work only on objects you are pointing too, so, not based on distance from you, but on pointed objects...

This would also make the combat situation more real, as, when you are gathering something, you need to go near it...

Thanks for reading...

Alex

Thanks :), I will make the gear gathering follow cursortarget or something similar. That player need to point of what he will gather. Also seek other improvements for it.

In the MOD manager, we have the option of managing units and vehicles. hat about items? Some MODS introduce new items and magazines etc., and they seem hard to impossible to get.

I LOVE this mod. Especially now that I can use it on Chernarus.

But one thing... can we change the enemy to something other than CSAT? It's nice to go to older maps, but it feels like were taking these futuristic out-of-place soldiers with us.

The mod gear should automatically appear in the gear function shops, but will recheck that.

After the MANW deadline, I could try to include proper mod unit/vehicle presets for chernarus and takistan. Maybe even have separate mod unit versions for those maps (and other mod maps). But already you can change much in the WLA-menu mod section.

I try to make the reserve zones spawn from bigger distance so player have more time to react. You can increase the max active zones to 6. The performance will go much worse if not having any gap. The FPS issue itself isnt zone related (as said earlier the zones are just markers, nothing heavy. E.g. the borderline have much more markers), something else leaking. Will try to fix it. Will make it possible to have less those zones. Currently already the max amount of CSAT zones gets smaller if captuing camps and they cant spawn near captured pier.

Marker takes probably ~x10000 less performance away than an AI vehicle (still there is maybe some gap how many markers there can be). Earlier one performance issue was from overgrown array where I stored the marker names. When the array was used in condition, that caused FPS drops. Will look for that issue again.

Edit: Could you check this code in esc-menu, when the FPS goes down (or just after playing some time e.g. 1 or more hours):

hint format ["%1 %2", {getmarkerpos _x distance [0,0,0] < 50} count allmapmarkers, count allmapmarkers];

Okay, i will use this code later, i start a new round in around 30 minutes. To be sure it´s not some modified maps which causes problems i stopped playing 1 minute ago, i was on Altis this time, the beginning was great no slowdowns at all but then the red flood started, right on this pic i had 12-15 fps, at beginning like usual 60-90

This black line shows where i was active (started by boat in Limenes, and helping to hold a Camp in Orekastro) and since then the flood started and dropped my frames hard..

1axk0k.jpg

For what in gods name the enemy needs 15-20 of these markers on the opposite site of the map, i wasnt even close there, i didnt use fast travel and i only operated in the small black Zone, how can it be that the enemy is legit to place a ton of these markers...

Anyway, i use your code in 30 mins, i will report then of course

The mod gear should automatically appear in the gear function shops, but will recheck that.

Oh, right. :) I didn't even check that one. LOL Will check.

Okay, i will use this code later, i start a new round in around 30 minutes. To be sure it´s not some modified maps which causes problems i stopped playing 1 minute ago, i was on Altis this time, the beginning was great no slowdowns at all but then the red flood started, right on this pic i had 12-15 fps, at beginning like usual 60-90

This black line shows where i was active (started by boat in Limenes, and helping to hold a Camp in Orekastro) and since then the flood started and dropped my frames hard..

http://abload.de/thumb2/1axk0k.jpg

For what in gods name the enemy needs 15-20 of these markers on the opposite site of the map, i wasnt even close there, i didnt use fast travel and i only operated in the small black Zone, how can it be that the enemy is legit to place a ton of these markers...

Anyway, i use your code in 30 mins, i will report then of course

It seems to me that I easily have that many markers on my map as well without FPS ever dropping as much as you report.

Also I think it is cool that they show up as they do all over the map, even being concentrated in one spot or a few spots, even if that is far from where I am. That gives me the feeling of a war going on all over the map and I'm just one piece of the puzzle. I'm not the center of the universe.

How many units are on your map LSD?

I've expanded on the code SaOK gave to also show units. Try this:

hint format ["%1 / %2 / Units: %3", {getmarkerpos _x distance [0,0,0] < 50} count allmapmarkers, count allmapmarkers, count (allUnits + vehicles)];

My result is: 0 / 431 / Units: 88