SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Tiny WLA SP update. Possible fix for rare respawn failure.

i can download the new version and continue my last game?

Yes. If you use the steamversion, then you wil have to restart, but then select the "resume" option in the mission preferencies.

Cheers

New SP WLA update: New WIP Create Batallion (Vehicle Zone) function in Mil Shop, new WIP tasks, some other fixes/tweaks

Since the new insertion update, dead bodies are disappearing as they hit the ground. I also notice that when I get the first (free) gear drop the map records where they are but if I get interrupted on the way the map recorded locations disappear and I think the boxes are disappearing too like the bodies. I know that happens when you save the game, quit, and resume at a later time but this is happening right after all the above mentioned items hit the ground, at least for me anyways.

Are you sure, there isnt some mod causing that? Bodies have been working normally for me today, crates I need to check, but before those got deleted after 20 min delay.

Was just curious if anyone has gone deep into the missions as in, whats the mid game/end game like? Is there even an endgame? The mission is amazing and chalk full of a vast arsenal of features, I just always restart when I see a newer version out :o

Was wondering if battles got larger and there was a 'great war' of sort as an end game.

Havent yet balanced / worked much on the late game. Proper events still to do, but getting closer.

Edited by SaOk

I'm experiencing some wierdness. :D

The stage is, I decided to do a landing by boat with a regular team starting rougly 1 km NW of the island of Chelonisi, just north of Pyrgos. I approch in the dark at dawn and land on the beach. All well and good so far.

Now, the extra teammembers that were supposed to show up, never did. Only by running around and across the bridge, I found they are standing at the other end of the bridge. I run to them, but nothing happens. In MCC I can see they are marked as civilians (actually they periodically switch to being west but quickly goes back to civ). Approching them doesn't make them join my team.

Also when my truck dropped with parachute, it dropped a few times in the water (I reloaded mission a few times to see if the location changed). It eventually did manage to land on the beach where I could reach it.

An other thing... That island, while it looks good on paper as a place to establish a base, it is a dangerous place quite simply because vehicles tend to spawn and explode. Also I see vehicles having spawn themselves near or on the bridge, but stuck in the ground, sometimes so that only the roof of the car was visible.

It seems like some tweaking could be done here. :)

Cheers ;)

Are you sure, there isnt some mod causing that? Bodies have been working normally for me today, crates I need to check, but before those got deleted after 20 min delay.

I'm still using the same mods prior to the new insertion update and I was finding bodies from skirmishes between HC units and enemy ai that had happened 1 km or more from me now I can't get near one in time to shift - Y it and I can see then go poof about 1 sec after hitting the ground. I will go in game naked to see if one of my mods was updated since the insertion update (can't remember any except tpw_mods and I'm using just the default Hud and skirmish modules) and is causing the problem, just to be sure.

I was just feeling around to see if anybody else was experiencing the same phenomena I was. I will be back to let you know.

im pretty sure i posted something like this pages ago, "protect civilian task" death from drowning because they spawn in the middle of the village zone instead of properly spawning them

http://i59.tinypic.com/16k8gva.jpg

you gotta fix your current tasks first before adding new ones, your gonna clutter your own work list

Edited by xrook

I've had the problem with boat missions and vehicle's going into the water too so, whenever I land on the beach I run as fast as I can inland before the cut screen as the parachuted vehicles enter the game in proximity to me. If I get the chance to see some smoke in the area I try to check the wind direction as that also affects where they drop too. So many times I've watched my M24 slammer hit the drink, at least the Marshall floats and you can salvage that, but the worse thing is when your supply drops go in the drink, just offshore, and you can reach them w/o swimming but you drown while kneeling to open them.

give us a warning before you bombard the crash site danm it... :( i was still guarding it

It said "from safe distance". ;) But that task path is still work in progress, just hurried it released to get other changes released.

Tweaked the boat insertion, and that civ task. Bridges may cause AI issues, no way to fix that in mission side.

staying even a bit far away from the crash site fails the task even though my aim was to destroy the incoming armored vehicle

successfully destroyed it but seconds later it says failed and they took it by vehicle...

reloaded and did what i just posted above

give us a warning before you bombard the crash site danm it... i was still guarding it

this time not being too far from it and just let the vehicle come close to us

---

you could have given us a free POW during that task after "defend crash site" instead of just deleting him, let us talk to him, if we have a POW cell built he becomes a free 5 prestige per (time)

Edited by xrook

New SP WLA update: Batallion call in function tweaks (can also mix the vehicles between categories), infantry brought by vehicles can be called now from support call, +other fixes/tweaks.

Edit: Yes, those tasks are still WIP. Have planned to make that POW captureable, just didnt have time yet to add some changes that are needed for that.

Just died, respawned and my loadout was different from before I died.

Before I only had a pistol, no rifle... After I got a LMG. :)

Also one of the teammates (Northgate) seemed to show his true face when I cought him praying on his need to God like a muslim. ;-) And he refuses to get out of that position. I guess when you need to pray to God, nothing gets in the way. :D

Cheers!

looking for that antenna is a huge waste of my time... just make it into a large radio tower with guards and statics, leaving a radio tower unguarded is illogical anyways

Helicopter crash site several km to sea? Really? Do I get to swim to the bottom of the ocean? ;)

Cheers :)

Just died, respawned and my loadout was different from before I died.

Before I only had a pistol, no rifle... After I got a LMG. :)

Also one of the teammates (Northgate) seemed to show his true face when I cought him praying on his need to God like a muslim. ;-) And he refuses to get out of that position. I guess when you need to pray to God, nothing gets in the way. :D

Cheers!

U need to change an option if you dont want that after respawn ur Gear is different. Shift+1->Options->Respawn->Old for Mods

accepted 'find and kill CSAT officer near Kyra Nera' task and accepted another 'find and kill CSAT officer' task the Kyra Nera marker disappeared but it is still in the task list

later i accepted another 'find and kill CSAT officer' task and it is in Kyra Nera again, so i got a duplicate.

went and finished kyra nera 'find and kill CSAT officer' task but only 1 is completed

EDIT: ok the Kyra Nera task with no marker failed, i guess there was another officer

---

destroy antenna wasnt marked in the map

http://i60.tinypic.com/1zbrtys.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/15yhmqr.jpg

---

spam

Error position: <select _c); sleep 0.1;_c = _c - 1;};

};

>

Error Zero divisor

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\InitLoop2.sqf, line 8

Error in expression <ldeadMen > 15} do {deletevehicle (_copy select _c); sleep 0.1;_c = _c - 1;};

};

>

Error position: <select _c); sleep 0.1;_c = _c - 1;};

};

>

Error Zero divisor

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\InitLoop2.sqf, line 8

---

reloaded save file

spam

Error in expression <deletevehicle (_copy select _c); sleep 0.1;_c = _c - 1;>

Error position: <select _c); sleep 0.1;_c = _c - 1;>

Error Zero divisor

---

BUG:

sidestep, undo, then sidestep again creates a gap between the newly constructed wall and the original

---

have you noticed that some unmanned vehicles inside the blue base camp (uncaptured) have invincible vehicles

i tried to destroy an MRAP and it wont explode no matter what i do (whoever gets inside it can still be damaged though even if the vehicle wont be destroyed)

Edited by xrook

Strange thing that body removal gave you error, have worked normally before. But made some changes. Many vehicles have simulation set off to save performance, thats why those dont explode.

Do you remove stuff from vehicles? Perhaps when you die and respawn (new respawn used).

I'm asking because I have now several times experienced loosing stuff I've put into vehicles.

Or is this a strange behaviour of the game?

The vehicles follow spawning-deleting cycles, not saving currently stuff stored in vehicles. Would be quite much data to store with small advantage. Not sure if worth of it.

The vehicles follow spawning-deleting cycles, not saving currently stuff stored in vehicles. Would be quite much data to store with small advantage. Not sure if worth of it.

Hmm... Ok... Well... I sometimes find it easier to equip units from a vehicle. Especially if I'm on a mission or far from camp.

An other thing is, not all things collected using your 'collect items' is shown in the 'customize gear' UI. e.g. binoculars and range finders. I'm unsure about other items, but those are definitely missing.

Can you also include more information about the items in you gear store? I'm thinking about f.ex. scopes zoom factor etc.