SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Ok, strange. But will try to see what could have gone wrong. Will make the guardpost main fortress immortal for start and see why that camp marker got deleted.

Edit: Found it, hotfix coming.

Edited by SaOk

You dont need to use it. Only if already having US task (capture pier) or Green task (secure airfield) already completed, then the new related event dont trigger unless using that code.

The resting function only changes time and reset certain player needs. It dosent accelerate events on map. Would be big feature to add with small meaning.

Once creating fortress, you can add static weapons and men if having resistance releated tasks completed or you have unlocked all assets from start options. Respawn make you come back alive after getting killed, so constant save/loadgame isnt needed. HC groups display how many groups you can currently command via Ctrl+Space, the reinforcement status show if you have getting replacements for you team, prestige is the main resource you use to buy/create things, under that there is the amount of related facilities displayed that give prestige faster. Best way is to check notes in M or field manual in esc-menu.

thk

:O)

WLA SP Hotfix released. Camps got deleted sometimes (full restart needed to bring those back), + some other tweaks/fixes.

Thanks xrook, for pointing me for that. :)

You dont need to use it. Only if already having US task (capture pier) or Green task (secure airfield) already completed, then the new related event dont trigger unless using that code.

Once creating fortress, you can add static weapons and men if having resistance releated tasks completed or you have unlocked all assets from start options.

I think this is something crucial I have missed...I've been playing for months and would always hit a base and then build defences...All of sudden I was unable to build, could only build fortresses and no AI, objects etc so I restarted from the beginning.

I attacked a nearby base after inserting by boat and am still unable to build so i pretty much stopped playing.

If I am reading you correctly, can I only build static defenses and other objects (not in the fortress drop down) after I have completed the resistance tasks..?

If I start a new game, will I not be able to build at random camps unless I do the resistance tasks first?

After ~ 12hrs of Gameplay 3/4 of the map is/were mine. I think there are too many Units on the map, my frames dropped real hard to single digit (mostly 9 frames) traveling to locations where the map is not full with enemys didnt fix that. I was able to watch how my frames are dropping camp after camp i captured. This is a great mission and its fantastic with the nearly daily updates but that what this mission try to realize (Huge Battle on huge map) is in my opinion not possible with the crappy engine

Did you try to save in WLA menu, exit the game, restart the mission and resume the mission progress? That should make the performance reset back to good. If using normal resume, possible mod/other leaks many not get cleaned away.

Yes, before completing the first few resistance tasks, no AI cant be added to posts. And fortress need to be places first before other sections come available. I changed the list box for the categories to have only one row, but when clicking the fortress text, it should open more selection. Havent managed to find out what could be wrong with it, but I keep searching. Full restart and no mods, should make it work at least. And do you have the latest game updates too?

Edited by SaOk

Strange then, what could be the cause for the slow down. Will try to see if there is something getting wrong when resuming (e.g some mutliplying issue that dont show when playing, but pile up arrays heavy).

Did you try with life range set 10% or under? And there was no massive guardposts with tens of weapons/vehicles nearby?

Edited by SaOk

life Range is set to 10%, it´s default when choosing the options before starting the new mission. Should i set it higher or normal? Hmm with the massive guardposts, yes there were some kind of guardposts on couple of areas. The assembled devices, some walls and camonets and enemys of course. Why u ask?

Could be the defend/attack-events bit over heavy. I will try to make the nearby vehicle zones integrate in those, instead of spawning extra vehicles. Will be 2-3 vehicles less per event.

killed the CSAT officer while he was "trying to run away with the vehicle", task did not accomplished itself

edit

oh wow its not even in my task list anymore yet the marker is still there

Edited by xrook

Could be the defend/attack-events bit over heavy. I will try to make the nearby vehicle zones integrate in those, instead of spawning extra vehicles. Will be 2-3 vehicles less per event.

Yeah okay, no problem. I started a new mission and reconfigured my modlist. Only 44 ^^ mods active, but i dont think they could conflict in a special way with your mission, most of those mods are for Weapons and Gear.

bug

opposite of this

bug:

build things with a hemtt BOX that reduces construction cost by 40% or any vehicle that reduces cost, buy anything expensive (600 prestige) and then undo giving you back full price (1000 prestige)

---

also have to ask, whats the maximum range for the task CSAT convoy? just my last one was like 3.8 klicks but before that the other one was around 700m

Edited by xrook

Thanks, fixed that 3dicon to go away. Also undo tool will only return 60% of the price back so unless using hemtt BOX, using undo will cost player. Will test that convoy task later and try to tweak it better. Currently focusing mostly on the attack/defend-events and the vehicle zones.

Will we see an update to the COOP versions soon? They are starting to be a bit dated.

the "rescue civilian POW" and "kill CSAT officer" also triggered 3.6 klicks away so... yeah i guess i am inserted way to far from anything

Will we see an update to the COOP versions soon? They are starting to be a bit dated.

I was also wondering the same thing as we only play the COOP versions. Would be nice to see some love.

Will update COOP version at some point, have been hard to find time/energy for it since already burning out with SP version (and still much work to do to have it ready for the MANW). ;) But in some weeks or one month, will want to expand features still some more before porting those in MP. After competition deadline passes in late October could have even much more time.

i am killed, after respawn i have see re-drop gear, but not the vehicle...is normal?

New SP WLA update. Defend-event changes (some better performance), marker leak fix, other tweaks/fixes/small additions.

Found out that there was invisible vehicle zone markers piling up which could have caused the performance drop ever after reseting and resuming mission progress (also the stutters since very big array was checked often). Those are now cleaned even if loading the "bugged" mission progress. Will keep looking for other possible markers that would be hiding and not get deleted.

When respawning the possible vehicle you used dont transfer with you. If its still operative, it should be found where it was before you respawned.

I did some tests last night according the performance, so i started a new game and teleported myself (without the teammembers) into a small village (was empty on map, no CSAT,NATO,AAF) and i run into a house to hide. After ~30 minutes (still didn´t die) and some dead CSAT Soldiers i noticed the first drop of the frames. I think it´s cause more and more stupid civilians (i hate them so much in this game) shows up on the map (MCC map shows all activitys) and some dead bodies are still there and some groups of enemys were heading towards me.

The next 2 hours i could notice more drops, i would suggest it´s cause the enemy spawned with a camp and some tanks ~ 1km from my position. I decided to capture this camp and so i did. Using some Artillery and camp was mine^^ but the frames goes even more down, i think cause the AAF spawned in a camp and 1 minute later CSAT were heading with a at least 10 groups towars it to recapture it. Groups with a ton of soldiers and tanks.

The frames was real bad so i decided to delete dead bodies on whole map. After this my frames were better, aiming was much better possible, it was feelable better. After all this i think the frames are dropping hard relating to the spawned AI around me and on the map and this brings me to the last test: i deleted all Units on the map (not the camps, just Units which spawned) and it was awesome, my frames rushed into regions of 60-80fps ^^

But they dropped after the mission has started to spawn enemys all over the map + these units which again were on the way to recapture this camp which they have lost a minute ago. Should mean: spawning Units kills frames ^^

The units and vehicles spend near all the performance , nothing new in that. There should be only max 15 bodies before my scripts removing all extra around every minute. But will see if there is something overspawning, else its probably caused By own made hc groups or called support because havent added limits for that.

spam

_radius = _radius + 1000;

_bestplace = selectBestPlaces [_position,_radius,_exp>

Error position: <selectBestPlaces [_position,_radius,_exp>

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\findPos.sqf, line 14

edit: v.99666

Edited by xrook