SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

New SP WLA update. Added chopper task to transport units between random strategic locations (check new WIP task section in the mil shop), CSAT camp attacks should finally launch right, some other fixes and tweaks.

Its hard to find good custom keys so will be hard to replace the U with some other key. Remember you can get any gear from the shift+1 gear system too.

Edit: Hotfix released for stucking gear cam.

Edited by SaOk

did you do something to the AI? they are stuck at combat stance and fell behind when i move because of it, the only new mod i installed today was

rank patches

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26316

also they were standing during the helicopter insertion, not sitting

---

wow i dont know whats the mods problem with rank patches but before i land with the chopper my game crashes, after removing it im fine

Edited by xrook

Whats wrong with the mission atm. Cant even play 10 minutes until it freezes

Edit: switching back to an older WLA makes the freezes go away and playing is wonderful possible^^

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

The latest mission version working stable here so far without mods and with official build. But keeping eye on possible issues.

Edit: No crashes during 1 hour testplay.

Edited by SaOk

try adding blastcore and rank patches... these are not even gameplay or AI related yet it affects your mission enough to crash

maybe you can root out the source of the problem afterwards

I tried again last night and still can only build fortresses, I started a new game and tried different options like "limited for fps" and all tasks available as opposed to unlocked and disabled all my mods but there was no change. I inserted by boat and drive to the pier and took out enemies, the construction truck landed nearby and I drove it to the map marker and built a sandbag fortress but that was the ONLY thing in the drop down. I understand that I need to build 4x tents and stuff (which Ive done tons of times) but I simply dont have any other options.

My AT guy is scared of shooting and theres dogs everywhere lol. I eventually ended up robbing the AT guy. Do you think it would be possible in future to customize a loadout before starting a mission?

Is there a way of deleting save games or something? maybe something is cached and is causing my game to fail? ( I forgot to check what version Im running but will look when I get home again)

Havent added any special structures to my mission lately, only cleaned code. Mods causing crashes more with this than some other mission probably just happen because some aspect of the game is more used. Overally still the issue is between mod and game, unless the mod itself is partly badly made. If you dont get any error messages (with -showscripterrors as start up parameter) while using certain mods. I cant track the issue any better than you.

Keeping support for mod content, but impossible to make sure everything is compatible. If the mod have any even tiny leaking, it may cause bad results on long run.

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

Construct system working normally here, if its always broken for you even starting new mission progress, it cant be mission related. Would check the game files in steam (right click -> properties) and make sure all mods are disabled.

You can overwrite the old mission progress by just starting new game and not resuming. Next time when saving the old progress is overwritten.

Gear customization at mission start is in plans definitely. Just needs quite much work, but hope to have it during this or next month after working on tasks first.

I dont know what u added in your last updates but the actual version lets my game crash. Using an older mission works without problems (with the same mods of course) :(

i could go as far as capturing bases then crash during or after the skirmish/conflict.

reloaded the saved game, tried again and succeeded. another skirmish/conflict happened and crashed again

hope that helps

Strange if it would be the attack or defend events since those havent changed for long time, but will do testing and go scripts throught. There have been some strange issues lately including guardpost marked loosing icon, NATO sitrep coming doubled and the missing camp. Will work on fixes.

I play now since 3 hours without problems the Version with the 50 at the end of your Version Numbers. So far i can see there are no dogs running around (thank god^^) and no problems at all. I switched then to the actual Version and the game freezes right after Insertion or a couple of minutes later

maybe its the dogs :D eversince the dogs came into the game as pack led by their great mafia leader Butch, crashes seem to happen lately

Strange stuff, but there have been dogs spawning before too unless the game dont like animals put in civilian group. But will do testing.

In my opinion you can delete those animals, they disturb the gameplay. And it happens from time to time that this animals simply walk into shooting direction, i died a couple of times cause a sheep wanted to see if 12,7mm HE rounds really hurts

i have played the newest version of WLA for good amount of 3-4 hours and i haven't had a single crash yet.

so for those who are saying the mission crashes, might wanna check their end, its working fine for me.

but that still doesnt change the fact that it was fine a couple of versions ago

but that still doesnt change the fact that it was fine a couple of versions ago

Maybe your computer is dusty and overheats.

Try running the old version now and see if it crashes?

:whatsthat: that is the version i used to play for quite some time before coming here to this topic, since then ive been giving him suggestions, bugs, and issue reports

New WLA SP update. Disabled the wandering goats and following dogs for now to test stability (adding them back later). Also improved some spawning functions to be more light.

Let me know if its any better.

13 goats.. a perfect number for SATAN :D

(yes, i counted them)

:D :D :D The devils work! I knew something senister was up. :D
New WLA SP update. Disabled the wandering goats and following dogs for now to test stability (adding them back later). Also improved some spawning functions to be more light.

Let me know if its any better.

Downloading and will test. :)

Cheers

an FV-720 MORA just exploded because it spawned too close to a blockade after capturing a blue base above frini

---

suggestion:

POW cell costs 200 prestige and it gives 5 additional prestige per (5 min?), it would take 2 hours and 20 minutes (if it really is per 5 min) to get all that wasted prestige back and thats not a very good trade if think about it, since it can only contain 1 prisoner.

if you increase the prisoner limit to 3 it would be good, its not easy to get an enemy to surrender itself, kinda rare for it to happen to me

---

you really need to make the creation of AI team/weapon/vehicles inside blue bases, im finally having a hard time :thumbsup:

Edited by xrook

Increasing the cell prisoner limit have been in plans, just need some changes. The prestige per prisoner is currrently 5 per ~1-1,5min. The camps are made different way cant allow creations connected directly to those, but you can still create guardposts near the them. But will work on additions for camps.

Improving the camp vehicle spawn location search.