SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

I join the group with a game that crashes regularly now playing WLA. I'm on stable ( ;) ) version of A3 (not dev).

crashing too soon and i just started x2, i think you should focus on whats causing this problem than adding new features

the game is too unplayable for me to play and find bugs

If it crashes, its the game or mods. Working fine here. Just did over 1 hour testdrive with official build. Official build crashes too but much less often (once in 1-2 hours, still seem to crash bit more easier near mission start). When it crashes its again the game, not the mission. Before the latest official build, there were no physX-crashes.

In my end, solution could be not to spawn any vehicles/units and have short playtime, but thats not the concept idea. No way to fix the crashing in mission side.

Edited by SaOk

yeah, but it never happened before just the last two latest updates and i have never installed any new recent mods

ill try to turn off the mods one by one

---

so far so good yeah... and i just realized the ai is doing good without the AI mod

Edited by xrook

I am actually in Kavalla, hiding in a house. TPW HuD says there are 34 Enemys next to me. Only 34? :(

Through the AI Mod i use the Csat Twats are searching the buildings to find me, stairs is filled with some bodys, cause when they go upstairs i didnt wait with a cup of tea and cookies, i wait with a German Assault Rifle and 7.62 mm for them to show them how to die correctly ^^

thats good for you, what AI mod are you using? is there an AI mod that disables AI having vanilla fatigue (other than bcombat) because i dont want my AT unit to slow us down and wait for him

anyway restarted again with most of my mods up and NO ASR AI & bcombat (disabled most of its overlapping features with ASR AI), also TPWs ambient parked cars, so far so good and ill see if i could play for an hour

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

oh god, worse decision ever... enemy AI are now dumb (but atleast my AT wont hesitate to shoot an APC) and my AT slows my entire team down

I use bcombat at the moment, but have vanilla fatigue activated in bC. You can add something into debug console, you need the soldiers name and then something like "enablefatigue false", dont know how it exactly written, you can search for the command in the wiki

I still cant build, has there been an update to the game recently that Im missing? Im using a 3G dongle to connect to internet and havent been "online" so to speak in a while. The only option I have is fortresses

:D, fixed the boat spawning for next update, had broke it recently.

You should be able to build other things, after creating one fortress first. It should work normally unless there is some mod conflict or somehow broken mission progress.

I just installed a not yet available (coming in few days) PhysX driver for my cards, will make a run in a few minutes to look if i can notice something ^^

New Tiny WLA SP update. Fixed that civ boat spawning incase it had any role in those physX crashes. Will try to test heavy boat spawning on land (in separate test) to see what happens (edit: so far no success).

Edited by SaOk

getting desperate, here are my mod list tell me what you think

r2qjqf.jpg

First, let me say, your creation here is the only reason I play Arma 3 so, thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this.

Secondly, I'm not experiencing the crashes that others here are talking about and I too experiment with other mods as well but...

I used to get them all the time until I got rid of using Blastcore everything would be fine for a few hours then bam crash city and all was lost.

I also experienced the missing flag for the resistance leaders location after killing "Fox Crow" I solved that problem by erasing the keys that "CBA" left behind after upgrading itself,

they never used the same key name for each upgrade after Arma's "boot-camp" patch and I didn't know I was using the 1.06 version key when loading the game through Pw6.

For all who are interested with what I use here is my command line parameter's @cba_a3;@jsrs2;@tpw_mods;@realarmor;@a3_freeaim_fix;@khlowgrass;@nw_ball;@noidle;@saok;@bcombat,

When using tpw_mods I turn off everything except for the HUD's tactical glasses and the skirmish mode everything else in there left on can really suck the life out of your system.

I am also using the dev version 17(Beta) with Bcombat and so far I'm really impressed with it, the only thing you have to do is edit the config.sqf file and set the dev mode to false or you'll get the colored balls (resource hogs)

on top of your units. This is what I'm using and it's playable but occasionally I do get some stuttering but it's very random and manageable with a quick save and restart.

Now, I have some questions and suggestions, suggestions first;

1. Uniformity of equipment load-out before insertion, I enter in recon mode but what good is it when no one carry's silenced weapons or they have a mishmash of caliber ammo that even the gear drop crates don't carry, This one guy "Wilson" forgets his backpack on the chopper every time.

2. Do I really need a construction vehicle on insertion? it usually lands next to my squad hits a rock or tree then explodes and kills half of my squad or it sinks to the bottom of the ocean plus, those glow sticks and smoke attracts everything to me.

3. Cut screens (I know you're in process of addressing this) after releasing the resistance prisoner, I go to the cut screen and behind me I see my squaddies have taken my armored vehicle on a joy ride, they usually rundown half the resistance forces that have just occupied the base, a case of MRE's and some French nylons and all is forgiven.

Ok, questions;

1. How do I get the enemy bodies to hang around so I can gather the spoils of war? after a firefight I'm lucky to find anything or anyone outside of a 100 meter killing ground, where and how do I edit this?

2.Is there anyway to save the spoils of war I've gathered (other than Shift+Y?) everything I put into vehicles is gone when I re-log back in and all those fak's and colored smoke I've gotten rid of are back also, if I put gear into the construction truck and wander away from it a 100 meters or so it's gone when I return to it.

3. When I disassemble a static weapon from an enemy or HC encampment and try to re-assemble it at my base it just vanishes, am I doing something wrong or is this a game bug?

4. Lastly, when my squaddies kill enemy's that were unknown to me I can see through the command menu the weapons on the ground and I can order them to go and pick it up but, I don't have a clue as to where they are around me, is there anyway to show on the map the nearby bodies like it does on the ones that are killed by the AI further away from me? and as before if I run to them they are gone on arrival.

Sorry about the book I've written here. I really do appreciate all that you've done to make this game playable for me, you've gotten my vote.

"Ch53dVet"

Thank you, :)

will try to add proper insertion team type selection soon during next month. Before that fixing the recon insertion if there is silencers got missing after some of my latest tweaks. Will think again the dropped vehicle type, since no longer the small truck is needed. But for more rookie players need to make sure they end up wandering long distances on foot and got frustrated already before the tasks begin. Checking that cutscene issue, could detect all team-mates in vehicles and give them somekind of stop command.

The bodies are suprising heavy for performance so allowing only 15 of those at one time, after that farest bodies from player are deleted quickly. Will see if there would be some improvements for that. Could also add option (in shift+1) to increase the gap. Saving vehicle content can get complex and require much data stored in profilenamespace. Already bit worried if there is some limit that could be reached with guardpost data. But will see, could try to make vehicle content save e.g. for last few used vehicles (that have had content stored in them). The guardpost scripts dont allow yet stealing static guns/vehicles. Those should be locked normally. But could maybe make some changes for that.

All bodies should have dead marker created already, but the quick deleting loop could make the bodies disappear before reached. Will increase one range check for that so if there is less than the 15 bodies, also more distant bodies would stay longer. Currently the quick few min removal is launched for all bodies over 200m range. Will change it to 800m.

Removing @Blastcore-A3 helped a lot on game crashing.

I was now able to play for several hours before crash.

So it is definately seems to be MOD related.

cheers

so it was the blastcore then huh? im fine with that, i just wanted to lite a fireplace for my camp not turn it into a forest fire

---

starting to agree with the cutscenes now, im trying to take out an APC here, then this bloke just popped up and say "hey i know some local armed guys who is also going to rescue that POW"

suggestion:

i think cutscenes should only occur if there is no enemies in like 200-300 meters away

---

it really was blastcore, i dont get why an effect related mod crash your game.

suggestion:

make your radio towers those big and visible ones not the flimsy radio antenna that blends in with the electric posts during the night

also guarded with atleast 4 troops

---

suggestion:

other than what you said about dead bodies, i suggest a secondary way of gathering equipment for those who play infantry roles like me because trying to get a car from a far distance and going back again is a drag.

those who play mobile roles can easily gather items since they can just get out of their vehicle

---

suggestion:

whenever my teammate have a maxed out skill their texts becomes kinda messy to look at "0.8|1|1|0.4|1" etc

make the team-mates skill text like this "0.8|1.0|1.0|0.4|1.0"

and make text size increase by 10% because sometimes 6 looks like 8 vise versa

---

polishing: map clarity

make town map radius and some of the town names (ex. mine, limni) more visible because they sometimes blend with the map textures (unless i disable it)

---

this is camp wolf

2e51wnl.jpg

its kinda hard to defend without those AI teams and static AIs (assets unlock through tasks default option)

---

Oh my fking GOD! i thought there was a spawn limiter... screw that im out of that town

http://i60.tinypic.com/288v60x.jpg

im fine with this kind of thing though, it tells me its time to retreat :rthumb:

it IS war after all

---

bug:

the enemy base above Galati is also recognizes as Galati, you can buy local shop but cannot set its specialty (wasted buying specialty to turn into AT but still shows none)

Edited by xrook

Perhaps the problem is task related, when I try to create my home base, I can build a fortress, but no other category's appear, I can't create the tents. maybe that is screwing up the resistance leader location ?

I've downloaded the latest version, perhaps its fixed, will post if it is.

make the fortress first, then your can build tents, finish eliminate "somedude" then meet "that dude" so you can finally set up AI teams on your camp

Removing @Blastcore-A3 helped a lot on game crashing.

I was now able to play for several hours before crash.

So it is definately seems to be MOD related.

Sooo... Not @Blastcore-A3 related after all. Without it, I have had more crashes today after 5-10 minutes.

More mod-tracing down.

The best way to play with mods, would be too keep scripterrors on (-showscripterrors as start up parameter), then avoid any mods that give errors out or config messages. With mods, also there is an invisble risk that it creates some soundsources/vehicles that it dont then get removed. Or some other stuff get looped/leaked. With the current PhysX-crashes, its also possible that some certain mods make it occur even more often (the mod would have effect somewhere that is connected with the crash issue.). Could be still hard to find what causes what.

Will of course continue optimizing my scripts, to have all running as good as possible on my side. The crashes seems to occur most easily when stuff is created so trying to seek improvements for spawning too (even the crashing itself need to be fixed in game's side). Overally mission maker shouldnt be able to crash the game, unless over-spawning stuff, creating some bad script looping or overwriting scripting releated commands/values.

Thanks for new feedback, checking those soon good. Currently improving how guardposts are generated with better outlook.

how do you trigger those 'camp invasions'? ever since the last attack "attack on camp wolf" which i posted above i havnt had an invasion since

i already have three captured bases (blue) and three green bases, i also finished the

eliminate "somedude" then meet "that dude" so you can finally set up AI teams on your camp

so i should be well good and go

also what happens if they win? do they recapture blue bases and turn it back to red? what about the green bases? do they get destroyed or turn into red bases also?

it was impossible to defend camp wolf earlier btw with like 10 mobile enemies and i was too far away, i didnt win... they just disappeared after some time and green base camp wolf is still green base

is there no penalty?

---

hud overlap

14vo2hl.jpg

if its fine in your side, im guessing its not adaptable to resolution?

---

im still having this peace problem... just like the last few games (i mentioned a couple of times in the topic), as soon as i am well established with bases my surroundings become too peaceful

this never happened in armaholic version (1.995), sure it has a lot of bugs and such but it was never a peaceful moment

Edited by xrook

After the story's introductory cinema, the briefing map screen appears, if you click on the team members load-outs they all have most of the necessary equipment for a recon/sabotage mission.

I, usually, go in and remove the un-necessary gear like smoke grenades, glow sticks, sun glasses and the numerous first aid kits. Rhetorically speaking, why does the team medic have 11 of them when he doesn't use them?

Then, I go and re-distribute the gear to those who need and have the newly created extra space for (plus it takes off some of the burden I'm carrying).

Now, clicking continue and going into the "how do you want to play the game" screen, I set up my parameters and enter the game. When I hit the ground and run to cover, I check everyone's gear and lo and behold "Sgt. Hardy" and "Cpl. Wilson" have opted for something new and at times ridiculous. Now, when I start a new game, I strip both men of all their equipment, ammo, silencers, scopes and some explosives as space is now very limited, when I hit the ground I re-equip them as best as possible and that's where the spoils of war come in to play but their bodies quickly vanish when all is clear.

Yesterday, after my post, I was in the game and ambushed an enemy patrol at 70 meters within 4 seconds the squad was kaput . I quickly sprinted to them, when I got there only 2 bodies remained.

The dead markers are only visible to me when the HC and CSAT engage in the distance, the dead by me are not marked, however, if I head off about 500 meters or more from my kills then I can see the markers.

Re: Blastcore, I had read some posts awhile ago that it possibly had some memory leakage problems removing it for me ended the Arma 3 screen of death.

StLassen: The only way to know what's going on is to play the mission w/o mods just use the @saok and see if it works for you. Then I would start adding them back one at a time till I get the problem also, make sure that any mods you have that are related to "CBA" are added first in the command line starting with "CBA" itself see my earlier post and you'll see my mod command listed. You might want to go inside Arma's property tab and verify your game files, just right click on the Arma3 game inside steams library page to get to it.

SaOK: Lately, I'm having a hard time getting "Northgate" to fire his launcher at any armor when I tell him to target what I see nothing happens except maybe shooting his rifle at it and getting us all killed. When I issue the engage command he runs up to it shooting his rifle. If I equip another team member all works great for a while but soon after they do the same as "Northgate". It seems to have started happening within the last 2 or 3 patches could this be related to the increased skill set if so what should I be looking for in skill numbers for my AT guys?

Ch53dVet

SaOK: Lately, I'm having a hard time getting "Northgate" to fire his launcher at any armor when I tell him to target what I see nothing happens except maybe shooting his rifle at it and getting us all killed. When I issue the engage command he runs up to it shooting his rifle. If I equip another team member all works great for a while but soon after they do the same as "Northgate". It seems to have started happening within the last 2 or 3 patches could this be related to the increased skill set if so what should I be looking for in skill numbers for my AT guys?

Ch53dVet

not a mission problem, this kind of thing happens when i was playing DUWS too... frustrating even now

:D thats why im a specOps only active at night time always free to move under the cover of shadows, enemies gets confused and go to cover trying to look for the shooter