SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

i agree on the airfield mission it just spawned there even though i have like 3 bases set up near it, rather than the enemies trying to occupy it like the other missions

but i was able to get over it with my SpecOps team, it was just 2 AA vehicles, there wasnt much resistance... maybe my three placed bases did its job?

i also like the "there is so much going on" kind, it actually feels like war is going on unlike DUWS

Q: do the enemies try and capture back their bases? it feels like if it keeps on going like this its a one sided war, even if it would probably take 24 hours

Edited by xrook

Sure they do, after you capturing an important base they start a counterattack. Instantly after you captured. No room for mistakes.

U cant compare DUWS with WLA, in DUWS u have those areas and in these are enemys. Between those areas u can go sleep or what ever, no one would kill you cause no spawn. DUWS is not bad for sure, i played it a couple of times but i was missing 2 things that only exist here on SaOk´s mission: 1: Enemys use Weapons from your installed Weapon mods. In DUWS only default. 2: spawn everywhere and from all sides. In DUWS, hmmm they take a pickick break i think^^

Yes, you can add those vehicles in shift+1 mod section (after restart, but could use resume progress in mission start options) to e.g. tank lists and those should appear randomly for AI. If you also preset veh zones button after listing them, the current marked zones may have those. And you can create wanted mod vehicles in factories (shift+1 near it).

Of course they can, so far i know is SaOk the only one which provides a mission with this cool feature

Edit: yes this WanderPanzer Mod works without problems, i test it at the moment :)

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

New WLA SP update: Added "sidestepping"-function with curving options to build walls in construct system. +Other tweaks and fixes.

Great, i will give it a try in a few minutes when i am finished with my great camp^^

Additional info for the "WanderPanzer" mod: after the mech had gain a hit from a rocket i disembarked, but i wasn´t alone, the mech created me a twinbrother. I dont know why. After that my mouth was possibly sealed or something, voice was gone.

nice, new update. so wanderpanzer still has some bugs, thats sad i was gonna replace most vehicles with mechs and turn it into mech wars, noone i mean noone makes mech games anymore i miss the age of mechwarriors and armored cores(not online)

---

unit glasses still arnt saved

Edited by xrook

Hey SaOk. Thanks for this great mission, I played it almost exclusively when I got the game back last September. It filled the void while we waited for BIS to.. well... finish their f'n story.

I took a break from A3 for a while and am just getting back into it. I've taken to modding the ever loving hell out of my game this time around. I use some that will certainly have no effect on this mission, like Blastcore and JSRS, but I use others that effect the AI. Is this mission compatible with TPW mods (with skirmish mode off) or bCombat? Or will I need to completely disable them to run this mission?

I also have several new factions running. Namely Massi's USMC and TheEvanCat's CSAT replacement. Is there a way that I could edit the file myself to use USMC as my BLUFOR rather than the vanilla NATO units? I assume that the game will run the repacement for OPFOR alright as I believe that it is just a simple remodel of their uniforms.

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered before. You'll forgive me for not scouring through 216 pages in hopes of an answer.

Thanks,

most of the mods should work good, but better to disable the tpw modules that spawn more life. AI should work fine, but may make the mission much more deadly. You can change uniforms in gear-function when near any friendly camp or guardpost with storage special structure. I try to add more team-type selection for mission start at somepoint.

Didnt yet fix that unit glasses not saving, but soon.

Awesome. How about my squadmates? Is there a way to pull USMC units when I "purchase" more? Is there a way I could open the file and add them to an existing list myself? Or even to change the list that they are drawn from?

i just destroyed the AA tank during the "take out nearby Anti-Air" mission that you obtained after building camp wolf but it wont complete itself, its stuck at that huge red circle in my map and it wont give me my reward

----

the "take out nearby Anti-Air" completed when i also took out the 2 vehicles with machine gun mounts 700 meters away from it

---

your 'destroy convoy' mission accepted from an allied troop spawns way too far (2 clicks), it failed before i could even get near it

---

theres a bug when i make my GMGs (A) on top of a sand blockade 3 for their better view on an enemy but they get destroyed when i comeback or get too far

afterwards i see red skulls on my map where i placed them

---

i accepted 3 rescue civilian POW (peir rewards, because its the only one that the villagers give me other than man & money which i dont need) yet still give me 0.5 pier instead of 1.5

---

i have to load a saved game before i could undo the gun that im pointing at or else i undo the last gun i made

Edited by xrook

You can add mod units in shift+1 mod section. If you modify the friendly unit lists, you can then recruit those units in mil shop when near friendly camp.

Thanks for bug report, the "take out nearby Anti-Air"-task have normal behaviour, the requirements to complete that task are mentioned in task description in map view - M. Checking the convoy, also those automatic static weapons. Will make the civilian reward system also check if the strategic point is already taken, then return money instead. There is no undo the gun that im pointing function. Always last added gun is removed. But may make that possible at some point.

kill CSAT officer is keeps failing, "target is fleeing with a vehicle" im like 800 meters away from him and he already knows

---

your random objects spawn inside houses just killed my GMG gunner i placed, i forgot to tell that your random objects sometimes spawn big objects that block entrances or ways inside the house/building

Edited by xrook

inserting around the map of grid 111084 and 200090, there barely any capture points for prestige per time and the town nearby barely give any factory/pier/power rewards or none at all just men and money, it is the worst place start and since you need enough prestige to set up a proper base or to capture prestige points and have it well defended

New smaller SP WLA update. More tweaks and fixes.

Could try to make the house objects avoid positions with entities detected.

so the GMG (A)s are fixed?

its a no, three of my GMG(A)s got destroyed

---

Error in expression <ount VEHZONESA == 0) then {deletemarker _x;};

sleep 0.1;

};

>

Error position: <_x;};

sleep 0.1;

};

>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _x

---

so what parts are fixed? destroy convoy still isnt fixed the allied troop still gives the quest way too far from my position, for me to actually get into position and wait there thus ending in failure

Edited by xrook

GMG (A)'s were working normally for me, even those get destroyed very easily. One spawned normally over fortress roof, another to ground. But checking again if both were HMG (A)'s. Thanks, fixed that error.

In the earlier update the convoy start distance was set bit lower and also failing range more big. The glasses should save now, cleaned construction-system code, there was some error(s), player should die better when hitting chopper to ground, maybe respawn failing issue releated to that fixed, civilian task sharing same strategic point reward should bring money instead (was also like that before, but added delay in the script to make sure the reward function isnt launching exact same time and fail). Could be some other fixes I dont remember now.

Edit: Released hotfix for that error. Bigger updates soon.

Edited by SaOk

Helicopter stills bugs out

Can you add a check so that if the helicopter hasn't moved or received a command within 200 seconds (or so) that it ejects any passengers and flys back to base?

It will either sit there and do nothing while you're inside it, or it'll fly around forever trying to land on a hill side, or it'll pick you up and take you to your location and never land

I don't think I'll use it again, which is a bit annoying since I'll constantly have to drive to every far off new location/objective where fast travel isn't unlocked

There is check if player have got out after getting, then new chopper need to be called. But adding some extra conditions.

i dont think 2-3 clicks away is lower, the lowest i got was 1.6 clicks away but even then i had to hurry to get to position (not to mention i dont have proper freedom to move around as there were nearby enemies)

i failed the first time as i got distracted by an enemy troop camping between me and the place i was going to wait, loaded the saved game and had to rush to the waiting area and succeeded

the reason im doing troop tasks is because i got inserted to a place where theres no nearby factory, nor town that gives a factory reward

---

kill csat officer keeps failing, because he is "trying to run away with a vehicle"... dont we have an option to chase him down atleast before it fails?? im like 600 meters away from him and this stupid copter just had to appear

---

another bug, before buying(constructing) something expensive like a military storage use a hotkey shortcut to (pressing 'A' to go to AI teams - AA team) go to a cheaper selection and the military storage will now cost 25 prestige when you hit buy

Edited by xrook

I had a funny situation with this officer yesterday i think. I saved&exit the game, after a while i wanted to play a gain and i load my save, after loading the officer stands very next to a mine^^ Boom, i saw him flying, mission accomplished ^^

i dont understand, 2 of my 6 GMG(A)s survived the next time i returned to base, all placed on top of the H-Barrier 3. the rest are just red skulls on my map and there was no skirmish

---

Aktinarki town - no matter how many times you set the towns specialty it is still 'None'

---

after playing your mission for sometime, i noticed 1 thing, you have 2 types of enemies

1) the vehicles enemies that head towards you when they notice your location (MRAP, Helis with paratroops, trucks with troops etc)

2) SpecOps group that camps around an area with a static weapon

after playing the campaign again now i know whats missing, you lack an enemy patrol group, the 5-10 units guys that move around to different locations

---

another bug in the "kill CSAT officer" task, the task did not fail even after he was trying to run away with a vehicle nor accomplished even after i killed him before he could drive too far

---

your car spawns like to stack itself, so sometimes i see fire works and cars flying like some sort of failed korean space program

http://i62.tinypic.com/2jfzleb.jpg (140 kB)

---

uhmm lol

http://i58.tinypic.com/fcqtqv.jpg (153 kB)

---

its been like this for quite some time now, CSAT doesnt bother taking back like 30-40% of their land back

http://i61.tinypic.com/29bhtuv.jpg (188 kB)

Edited by xrook

hey Saok, may i ask from where u got the awesome respawn script ? or did u wrote it yourself ?

any chance to release the script ?