SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Mods may cause growing stuttering too, but will always keep searching for possible causes in my functions too. In the next update, also civilian tasks are compiled if that would help.

Restarting the mission and resuming mission progress (remember to save first in shift+1 menu or 0-0-0) should reset all stutter away.

well, i remember one mission, accepting the ambush nearby truck mission from an allied soldier but all it came up with is script error and i never actually got the task

load saving didnt also fixed it

Edited by xrook

Thought I already released the convoy task fix, but here is the current new version. No new tasks yet, even have been creating new function to prepare adding those.

New SP WLA update. Improved Map Commander mode, more cameras in dynamic cinema, optimizations, +much fixes, tweaks and improvents.

And new optional animal sounds addon (dropbox only):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uk7ee4xawatjeuk/SaOkAnimalSounds.7z

just tried your new version and the first thing it did to me is the copper not landing properly causing it to slide and crush us :yay:

Man, things like that happen. Thats Arma. Arma is also expert on "Running crap FPS, doesnt matter how good the Rig is"

Thats things we got to deal with

Yes, chopper AI cant be edited. Scripted path would be more stable, but would not suite for random insertion. But will add the new flat search function I made sometime back, also to search the landing site for insertion.

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Forgot to mention that also added autosave setting in shift+1 -> options. You can make the mission progress save (same as shift+1 savegame button and 0-0-0) every 15,30,45 or 60minute. Its set off as default.

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Upload WLA SP hotfix. There was looping error in camp mine script.

Edit: Hotfix again for the same error.

Edited by SaOk

awesome no more mine frustration

any way to improve the skills of your squadmates? and whatever happened to that ability to show your squadmates skill at WLS?

Edited by xrook

I've been playing with adding in my mod units into the various sides. Is there anyway for me to remove the default units? I'd like to replace all of the CSAT with Units from the CSAT Modification Project.

started a new game with your new version, and went to sleep after AFKing inside a friendly town before going after Crow, woke up ready to kill him and suddenly "you have successfully killed crow" mission complete

how does that happen? :confused:

is there a way to improve you squadmates skills? they dont react fast enough

Edited by xrook

You can just use the CSAT Modification Project. Make sure you copy the replacement files in the @tec_csat folder from the replacement folder into the addons folder of the mod.

ok found another bug, powcell no matter what direction you point the arrow to the pow cell is fixed in the same direction

drawing doesnt always work, it buys only 1

Edited by xrook

The team-mate stats were very extra and having unneeded hit on performance (since needed to have much more eventhandlers running). But could make them improve their skills, the longer they stay alive.

The crow may die without player killing him. Maybe some friendlies wandered near its camp.

The pow cell cant be yet rotated, there is some weirdness in object template rotating that I havent solved yet. Not sure if its releated to object offsets or just having something wrong. But working on that at some point. Will then allow to have more detailed structures to spawn on map.

Checking the drawing, also something still wrong with construct dialog getting sometimes doubled.

found another bug, teammates glasses/googles randomize after each load, im 100% i equipped my team with combat googles, tactical shages/glasses... some lost it after loading the game and some reloaded with different wear

no explanation on how the prestige bonuses work? i have 0.5 factory, 1 pier, 0 power, 0 storage yet still earn 3.5 prestige

There is color symbols if factories are missing something to work full. Also explained in briefing. This case you need power plant. One factory needs 0.25 pier and 0.5 power.

so thats what the color codes mean, i thought if it was when green you captured it

and yes we definitely need better squad AI, i just witnessed my medic trying to kill a static MG infantry like 6 meters away from him and it tool like 5 seconds to finally kill him

For me drawing works good, its only a little tricky to use.

I´ll prefer this method: placing desired object (looking straight on it), then click draw and the bigger arrow appear, only sidestepping to the point where u want to make a corner or whatever, pressing Shift+C for opening building menu, selecting in list the a couple of seconds ago drawed object (example: concrete wall) and draw it ^^

Sidestepping would be nice, I might try to add that. Should be easy. The current drawing is more unaccurate and clumsier to use.

your static GL and boats attackboats arnt recognized by TPW_hud why? its always causing a script error

Im not sure if my game is crapping out again or not but I cant seem to be able to build anymore so I started a new game but the helo doesnt land. (Tried twice)

I took the boat insertion and made a tower and bag bunker but I dont get any other build options..am I missing something? I could build AI and other objects previously after building a bunker but I only have options to build bunkers and nothing else. :/

attack boats are registered purple when i checked my map

---

Error in expression <];

_wTm = _obj worldToModel _pos;

_obj setpos [(_pos select 0)+(_wTm select 0),>

Error position: <setpos [(_pos select 0)+(_wTm select 0),>

Error Type Any, expected Number

----

assault task map markers wont disapear now i have 3 HUGE orange circles in my map, even though i failed 2

Edited by xrook

Thanks, will take a look of that error. Seems like some guardpost object code getting messed up. Also checking through the whole construct system and fixing those markers.

found the source of the randomized glasses/shades accessory, it was the teleporting, when teleporting it clones your squadmates but doesnt save their glasses/shades they originally or i made them wear

---

Bad conversion: array

Error in expression <

_radius = _radius + 1000;

_bestplace = selectBestPlaces [_position,_radius,_exp>

Error position: <selectBestPlaces [_position,_radius,_exp>

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\findPos.sqf, line 14

it kept spamming my script error

---

so does my static gun respawn after being destroyed because i cant build more anymore (4 limit)

Edited by xrook

Thanks,

preventing that error to happen. The static guns can be removed with undo gun and recreated to have it operative again. Else its fixed again when getting far and returning to the post (unless virtual fight during that time have got it deleted). Will make the glasses transfer for the fast-traveled units.

your mines are still annoying, especially when its placed near a civilian area, just to clarify is there a mine i cant disable? if so how can i tell?

i cant disable the mine with my mechanic cuz it explodes infront of him before he could even disable it, i could just shoot it but i cant tell the civilians to stay away from the area

is there an option to disable mines in this mission?

---

your mission "defend the villager until the chopper picks him away" at Cap Markinos spawns the villager in the middle of the sea, how are we suppose to save that guy? :butbut:

no wait, a skull marker appeared on map, i guess he drowned

Edited by xrook

I´ve managed to capture more than 50% of the map, but what CSAT is doing then is faaaaaaaaaaar beyond fair. Important points like Main Airfield for example: enemy soldiers dindt even need to pass run/drive/fly where u are, they simply spawn right next to your bases and they take it away so easy. I fight very hard to gain Airfield, a couple of hours... It takes 8 minutes till i lost it so hard, i thought they kicked my ass to Mars, so much Enemys from every angle. The fun was gone after that.

At the moment were 12 Objectives active in my list, my question: needthis to be like that with automatic tasks, 12 tasks active drops every PC into basement. I wouldnt even take 1 of this tasks to active, but i´ve got 12 of them. Single Digits Frames makes me quit, not playable. This is no offense SaOk, but i think you make this mission too much complicated, all releases past December you´ve put a ton of things into the mission which is cool but the whole amount kills it in a specific base. More complicated doesnt mean more fun (good example is the MiseryMod of STALKER,a ton of things which u can loot, most of them so useful like cancer)

In my optinion you should head for this kind of mission how it was at the beginning, that was uncomplicated fun. there should be an option too for disableing those AAF Units, they do not much/nothing but eaten performance as huck (^^)

It only my personal thought, i would love to finish those mission a day, but even when i call Iron Man, Superman & Hulk we wouldnt win it in actual state^^

1icjas.jpg