SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

I just realized that I have been running TPW_Skirmish mod with WLA, and that I didn't realize that TPW_Skirmish actually spawned units onto the map around my units. Should I disable this mod? Am I making things much harder for myself by having these units constantly spawning around me? Will this stack with the Ai units spawned natively in WLA?? Thanks.

Yes, better to disable that. Could take unit amount very high else unless its following allUnits count, but still there could be some conflict between the mod and mission.

I´ve also tried to run WLA with the Skirmish mod. It spawn so many units that makes it not able to survive. But it´s possible to adjust those numbers which spawns in by TPW_Skrimish

1) Is there limit on list size at "Mods"?

Looks like my "All Veh List" list too huge, :D because i don't see some units, starting with the letter "W"

eb8aef7709.jpg

2) Big Antena (3000) affects on ALL prices in UI (ie vehicles purchase and construction shown with 50% or more discount), but in fact they still cost the same price.

a8cadad695.jpg

3) Few times i builded Factory\Antenna "for free". Don't know - maybe it's my personal bug, caused by mods.

4) I can't repair this with Y-key.

67deff6f62.jpg

Slammer tank and construction truck - work.

Sry for bad english.

Edited by Shoker

New COOP WLA update is finally here. Added most of the stuff from SP version (minus undercover mode, gear/save/mod-functions for now). There could still be some bugs, but overally working. Supports the WLA sound addon. Releated to that, the civilian voices play only rarely. Will try to fix that soon, also make surrendering work. Let me know how the mission works.

Edit: Thanks, will check the antenna soon. Also why it was free. The veh list shouldnt have limit, I keep eyes open for fix for that too if possible.

Edit2: Checking that tank too, should be easy fix.

Edited by SaOk

Thank you. :rolleyes:

UPD: Moved ito another Cargo House and now it (repair) work. %)

Definitely going to check this out with a few friends later on today, it looks pretty awesome.

1) Is there limit on list size at "Mods"?

Looks like my "All Veh List" list too huge, :D because i don't see some units, starting with the letter "W"

Looks like map just don't see untis from this mod.

Checked them in factory - they not in list too. (I can see and use them with Editor)

Is it possible to play guerilla tactics with this scenario? Are there negative impacts on enemy for blowing their shit up? Or is it that I have to take camps, reinforce them and slowly regain the map control. I would love to go deep in enemy zones and create havoc with explosives etc. also, is it a possibility one day to begin a game with your own pre-generated kit load outs as opposed the the generic ones on the config screen? Just a thought, love you SaOk :-)

Currently you can already find and destroy antennas (the red area markers on map) to cut CSAT reinforcements and communications for long time. Will definitely add more features like that (depots, airfields, proper supply roads, maybe even sea routes). More insertion types and gear customization at start would be definitely nice.

Will you do anything about aerial gameplay?. I just spawned a heli with zeus and took control it. After takeoff just about 250m away a BMP spawned. It's just unplayable.

Edited by dostunuz

Sure, will try to improve that, still strange that the vehicles would spawn that close. When flying, the vehicle spawning ranges should get bigger.

Currently you can already find and destroy antennas (the red area markers on map) to cut CSAT reinforcements and communications for long time. Will definitely add more features like that (depots, airfields, proper supply roads, maybe even sea routes). More insertion types and gear customization at start would be definitely nice.

I already mentioned this to you before on Steam, but after I showed my friends (the ones who play WLA with me on 4-coop version) my British voice over stuff for the main character currently in WLA, they were all like "But you play as an American (based on American arm-patch, camouflage, American teams etc), that makes no sense".

A nationality selection for you and your team (based maybe on character selection (i.e. American (normal Eng radio lines), British (BritEng radio lines), NATO (NATO has FIA/AAF voice overs. It's left ambiguous as to which country they represent. People with enabled European faction mods can change clothes to fit)), with appropriate clothes at spawn (e.g. British start with CTRG camo), would be a nice touch to creating the character you want to play as. My voice overs could apply to the British selection, while somebody else could voice the other nationality selections.

New small SP WLA update (dropbox, steam, soon in withsix once upload working again). Weapon gathering from bodies works now right (it was badly broken. Now its should be much harder to run out of magazines), antenna special structure fixes, some other tweaks + New music track by FR Helios (download latest WLA sound addon).

I will make the player british as default. Should look for the right uniform soon. Will need to create some new dialogs for the insertion customization.

Edited by SaOk

New smaller SP WLA update again: Added weapon shop (available near captured pier in gear menu), player team have now british uniforms as default (later will add more options for insertion).

Great work SaOk, the work you are doing is just amazing. Keep up the good work.

The new British Units are a little bit strange, means when i give the command for "Stealth" behaviour they accept it and on the next waypoint the change automaticly to default. Never had this problems before.

I think I ran into a small bug: The reinforcement soldiers I recieve from towns never wear uniforms and are just in their underwear. I notice when I die and am revived by civilians that the previously uniformless soldiers now wear guerilla clothes as (probably) intended.

The underwear soldiers are there if you play with DEV-version. There is new forceuniform-command, but not yet in official build so cant use it yet. Would be strange that the british units would break stealth-behaviour but will test it soon.

Nevermind, after a while it was gone. But another thing: is it an actual Game Bug that Static HMG´s can kill you on a big distance (200-1400m) with 1 shot when u are flying a jet or sitting in a T-100 or BTR?

This happens now a couple of times to me and i dont want to describe how hard such issue is sucking ^^ (this issue keeps me to stop playing Arma, so imagine yourself how hard it sucking)

I think its Engine based cause had same issues in Campagin..

The damage handler I have for respawing should work the same way when flying, but will see if there is something I could do. Should be able to make it ignore more the MG hits when flying. E.g. only cause small damage or only damage when chopper is enough damaged.

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

New WLA SP update. MG fire while flying is much less deadly, added vehicle fleeing to certain tasks, vehicle scrap should work better now.

Let me know how it works :), while testing I could fly now until chopper was too damaged. Was even quite easy, destroyed at least 5 zones before shot down.

The VehicleFix didnt work for me. I still die when in a T-100 and get Hit by 1 or 2 GMG bullets. This Engine is so fcking ridiculous, i am speechless :mad:

Probably a silly question but my help key is undefined so I can't bring up the info about various aspects of what I can do, for example I took a factory, I know I need scrap, there is plenty about but can't work out how to collect it. How can I change my undefined key? I think default is "H" but mine is not. Thanks.