SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Tried Vcom Ai with this and i lost massive fps (almost unplayable) even at starting area.

Uploaded hotfix. Should fix that storage/factory multiplying issue. You might need to restart mission progress if you have custom saved the mission after that multiplying issue. Sorry :(

Hey SaOk, is there any way mission-wise to delete buildings like the military offices? I realize the dev console's enabled and it's possible to do it through that, but I just ran into the multiplying issue you detailed above with the Military Offices, and nearestObject(s) isn't spitting out anything for whatever reason. I'm kinda afraid to use the DelPost feature aswell, since last time I did that it scrapped half my base :P

I hoped that would have been fixed (the storage/factory multiplying issue was separate issue). You might be able to do that by using (hitting once the exec) this code in esc-menu (while standing near the post):

[] SPAWN {_post = [getposATL player,"ColorGreen"] CALL NEARESTGUARDPOST;
if !(isNil{_post getvariable "ObjectsNowS"}) then {
_oldD = _post getvariable "ObjectsNowS";
_countD = count _oldD - 1;
_object = ((_oldD select _countD) select 0);
_cost = (typeOf _object) CALL CONSCOST;
pisteet = pisteet + _cost;
_nul = [_cost, "Returns"] SPAWN PRESTIGECHANGE;
deletevehicle _object;
_newD = [_oldD,_countD] call BIS_fnc_removeIndex;
_post setvariable ["ObjectsNowS",_newD];
_oldD = _post getvariable "StaticOS";
_newD = [_oldD,_countD] call BIS_fnc_removeIndex;
_post setvariable ["StaticOS",_newD];
};};

@ SaOK

Firstly, great work on the mission. I had a play with it yesterday for the first time and here's some feedback/bugs. Sorry if these have been mentioned before, I'm at work and don't have time to look through previous posts:

1) Occasionally on respawn my AI team will either disappear from the game or I lose control. Even using the radio command 0-0-3 does not return them.

2) I'm not sure what the AI Artillery does other than bombard me with bombs if I'm in an area for too long. I just ended up disabling it.

3) Using the fast travel from the WLA menu occasionally parachute dropped me at ground level, but travelling at speed - usually into a building resulting in a quick death.

4) The help text says I get a construction truck during insertion - I never get one, I have to call one in.

5) When I do call in support it often takes a long time and can drop in quite far away - sometimes out at sea. This makes me sad.

6) When I construct a base and select the option to spawn units, none appear. If I try again, it tells me i've already maxed out the units for the base.

7) If I create a base and respawn and come back to it, the construction options don't work (says there is no construction vehicle, even though I'm standing beside it), nor does the VAS (if I build the radio building).

SaOk removed the VAS a few versions ago, you need to loot ur stuff from Crates or vehicles when pressing the Y - or Z (in Europe keyboards) and then the loot will show up in the Storage.

The Construction truck will only spawn on easy/normal difficulty so far i know. Why you call support when standing next to the sea? And then ur sad if glides into sea? Really?

You have limitation when builing base, to set 4 AI Tanks or launchers u need to build the biggest Bunker (the Green Bunker for 75 Prestige points)

SaOk removed the VAS a few versions ago, you need to loot ur stuff from Crates or vehicles when pressing the Y - or Z (in Europe keyboards) and then the loot will show up in the Storage.

I wonder if I'm running the latest version then. Because I get the VAS at military bases (WLA menu) and I can create a radio bunker in the construction menu to get a VAS.

The Construction truck will only spawn on easy/normal difficulty so far i know. Why you call support when standing next to the sea? And then ur sad if glides into sea? Really?

I'm fairly sure I was running it on recruit. And yeah it does make me shed a tear, but if support drops are an approximate drop, then that's my own fault.

You have limitation when builing base, to set 4 AI Tanks or launchers u need to build the biggest Bunker (the Green Bunker for 75 Prestige points)

Yeah I mean the Units, it just didn't seem to do anything. I think I need to test it a little more and see if I can figure out what it's supposed to be doing.

What u mean with the VAS? I think not the VirtualAmmobox? U mean Air support? If yes then u build the bunker, after that you are able to to select support in the "Call Support" Tab after pressing Shift+1

I always start with the Paradropped Hunter+Construction truck, something must be wrong related to this. If calling support the best i a open field which is free, cause trees and other objects can damage the car when it drops from sky

Use the "H" key on you keyboard (before building those structures), this will popup an Information about the Buildings you want to build. For seeing this tips you need to have Tutorialtips activated in you Options

What u mean with the VAS? I think not the VirtualAmmobox? U mean Air support? If yes then u build the bunker, after that you are able to to select support in the "Call Support" Tab after pressing Shift+1

When I say VAS, I mean VirtualAmmoBox (Virtual Ammo System).

If I build a storage box and storage shed then I can access Virtualammobox (throught the storage box) without shift+1 gear menu. Can anyone tell me how high command works with WLA and how I use it??

New yelling function coming soon:

The high command is enabled, some mods can be just break it. Had the issue earlier at least with the weapon resting mod. The Shift+1 is needed always to access the gear section. If team-mates dissapear when respawning, that means they were dead. Will tweak the fast-travel more soon. There is always construction truck dropped at insertion, you should see it dropping right after message with smoke. Paradrops cant be tweaked much, better only call drops when there is no ocean nearby. The guardposts guards arrive after some time to the post. There is 5 men limit to keep FPS good. The construction trucks are only the truck purchased with that name from support call or mil shop, but will check if there is some bug in vehicle storage that spawns vehicles back when player returns to the location after being away.

Edited by SaOk

Oooooooh, I was wondering why I could make more defenses sometimes and other times not...thanks :icon_smile:

I generally make the big bunker at big bases and small ones at small bases so naturally assumed that you could only have more defenses at big bases..I've got some renovations to do now

New WLA SP update: Added function to yell using U-key, to make enemies surrrender in certain conditions (see field manual), create factory fixes, some other fixes/tweaks.

Have been making progress with COOP version too, but still takes time.

Hi there, firstly I would just like to say thank you so much soak for a truly wonderful mission. I can honestly say I have had some of my greatest arma moments while playing your missions. I just had one question, is there any possibility of having a gear acquisition and ordering system like is seen in BeCTI sandbox mission? Keep up the amazing work and I really hope you win the make arma competition. Cheers.

Thanks :), will add gear shops soon. Also probably update the mil/village shop at some point. Those were one of the first dialogs I made and quite outdated.

SaOk, I suggest tidying up the on-screen information. For example:

1. If I don't want tips there should be an option to disable it, and if enabled, they shouldn't be showing all the time.

2. Reinforcements info should only show when they are on route. If they are MIA, the reinf. info could disappear after a while, until they are on route again.

3. Also, have you considered text on civilians? Like, instead of the text showing on the left side of the screen, it shows above their heads?

Another thing I noticed, now if you talk with a civilian there is a 100% chance that he will give you a job or tell you where the persians are. Doesn't make sense, because now every civilian is the same, there is no point in talking with one or another. I remember that it wasn't like this before. If you change it back to what it was before, you could further enhance the civilian diversity by removing the "Anything else I could do?" line.

Hello SaOk,

I had a quick question about the coop version of WLA, i am looking for a way to up or remove the object build limit in guard posts. Do you know what file(s) i need to edit to make this happen?

Thanks!!

There might be parameter (from role start up menu) the removes construct limits, but dont remember if I added that. Will add it at least for upcoming updates (have been quite much progress, should be able soon to do first tests on server.exe). You can manually remove object limit in constructdialog.sqf, there is condition line something like (search with StaticO):

{isNil{_post getvariable "StaticO"} || {count (_post getvariable "StaticO") < 78}

change the number (78 in SP, dont remember what it was in COOP - copy pasted new script over it already) to e.g. 10000.

Planning later to add more toggles to turn off extra guidance including tips and intel markers. Need to focus first to make the mission easy for all to jump into. But will not forgot more skilled players, noticed the custom skills are currently making AI respond quite slow. Will soon add AI skills depending on selected difficult level. The reinf info needs definitely tweaking. Thought earlier to add text over civs but that would conflict with the conversation system. But some text could be put there.

Will also tweak the civilian conversations soon.

There might be parameter (from role start up menu) the removes construct limits, but dont remember if I added that. Will add it at least for upcoming updates (have been quite much progress, should be able soon to do first tests on server.exe). You can manually remove object limit in constructdialog.sqf, there is condition line something like (search with StaticO):

{isNil{_post getvariable "StaticO"} || {count (_post getvariable "StaticO") < 78}

change the number (78 in SP, dont remember what it was in COOP - copy pasted new script over it already) to e.g. 10000.

Planning later to add more toggles to turn off extra guidance including tips and intel markers. Need to focus first to make the mission easy for all to jump into. But will not forgot more skilled players, noticed the custom skills are currently making AI respond quite slow. Will soon add AI skills depending on selected difficult level. The reinf info needs definitely tweaking. Thought earlier to add text over civs but that would conflict with the conversation system. But some text could be put there.

Will also tweak the civilian conversations soon.

Thanks for the quick reply, i didn't see a parameter for it in the coop version but i know it's there in the SP version. I did find the line that you mentioned above and it is set to 18 by default. Thanks for all your help with this and congrats on making one of the best ARMA missions I've ever played!!

Where are the frienly Soldiers?

My base is near from friendly Camp. I had 4 Soldiers as HC, and the camp has soldiers to. I came back from a mission and all soldiers has gone. But at every turn are Hostiles. On earlier Lottas friendly soldiers come automatically. The same on my base(i think its a base, there is a BIg Steel Bunker and 4 tents) on a Airfield is empty.

How do it works?

p.s. I build in my base a Storage, but I see no option to do anything with water(for a mission) with shift 1 & c.

http://abload.de/img/arma32014-06-1115-41-gbotv.jpg (327 kB)

p.s. How can i get Infos for the Mapsymbols ?

Edited by troymcc

First off, let me congratulate you - SaOk on the amazing work you've done on the WLA scenario. I've come across a few issue, but nothing that hasn't been mentioned already. So you've already addressed them or they are being worked on. So thumbs up on that! :)

There is only one thing I wanted to inquire about. It's mostly about personal taste in gameplay, but I wanted to share it with you if perhaps there was a way to tweak a particular setting (maybe on my end) to make the experience even more complete.

The thing I wondered about was, is there a way to entirely toggle the High Command interface off?

When High Command mode is active, you can see the unit/squad markers in your first person view. Personally, I don't like UI elements revealing or giving me information that I shouldn't be seeing in person with my own eyes. I have no issues with the High Command interface when the icons are revealed on the map, as I assume the character is using the GPS terminal and data relayed to you through UAV's or other friendly unit reports. So that's just fine, but when you are on High Command mode and you suddenly see the exact position in view of a tank behind a wall, or an enemy spec ops/sniper in the bushes etc, then it becomes a bit “spoilery†in my opinion. It's understandable if the character had some kind of visual interface, like tactical glasses, etc, but I normal disregard those HUDs anyway.

So, even though I could simply “force†myself to avoid activating High Command in first person view, sometimes in the heat of the moment, because the option is there, I find myself “cheating†with the function.

The alternative would be to disable unit/squad markers only for the first person view for High Command? But I'm unsure of how much you can do on the mod-end, since that's a vanilla ArmA feature, yeah?

Or, simply have a start setting: High Command (yes/no)? Because I understand that some people have no problem with the interface just as it is currently. :D

Anyway, it's not really an issue or a problem with the mod. Just wishful thinking haha.

Thanks again for the great scenario. Cheers!

EDIT: I remembered one thing! In undercover mode, my character is starting with the wrong ammo type for the pistol it seems!

Edited by ashencross

I will try to search if its possible to disable enemy markers for High-Command. Magazines for undercover mode should be picked from config to allow random pistol, but will check that too. There have been some strange issues with magazines lately. Also not displayed in gear section right. Will check these soon once getting COOP update out first (very near to start testing the changes on server.exe - should be ready in day or few).

Will also check, what could cause the guardpost guards not arriving. Could be that the script is making them guard wrong location. Water barrels can be purchased from mil shop.