SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Hi SaOk,

I was playing last night and it appears that the Transport Heli is immortal. I took a ton of direct hits from AA missles while the heli was hovering above ground and nothing happened

Yes, thats a design choice. If the chopper would be mortal, player would only rarely reach the destination with that chopper function.

alright I understand, generally I only use it when I know it's safe and I use the mapclick to maneuver around dangerous areas

didn't realize it until my chopper tried to land right on top of an AA tank =D

Have the UAV's been removed? Couldnt find them in the buy menu or support.

You should be able to buy those from mil shop, but currently there might not be UAV_terminals to find. Added every cratedrop and camp vehicles have those in the new update.

You should be able to buy those from mil shop, but currently there might not be UAV_terminals to find. Added every cratedrop and camp vehicles have those in the new update.

I replaced map in wrong folder, i was playing wrong version ^.^

All good now :)

Does the artillery have a time out? I called in a scorcher and moved it into position but when I finally got overwatch on a target the icon and the arty disappeared. Im really enjoying the updated version, there patrol scripting is much better and theres a lot more scattered firefights.

Its time to sell a kidney so I can upgrade and play on full resolution :/

New WLA SP update (steam, dropbox, later also in withSix): Land/Air-vehicles (including mod content) can be created now near factories, vehicles can be scrapped near factories, AI units use smoke, added deadly barrels, PP-effects can be now selected at mission start +tweaks/fixes

I'm sorry if this have been answered before, I used the search thread option and couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

1. How do I deal with prisoners?(besides just executing them)

2. Is there a way to finish the mission? I took over all camps, outposts, all resource points, and eliminated enemy groups, still I get the randomly spawning infantry squads and random attacks. Is there a way to achieve a total victory?

New quick WLA SP update. Thrown objects and explosion at player should have now right outcomes. There was some rare bug causing respawn not to work, not sure if its gone, but made much changes.

You need to build Pow-cell(s) to guardpost(s) that is listed in special structures. After that when you talk with surrendered, you can move them to cell. If you meant talking with current prisoners, there is no function for that yet. The only bring more timed prestige, but not other interaction yet. Mission dont have yet ending, need to work on proper tasks/events to end it. Probably will keep the extraction optional, so player can continue even all is done, if he wants.

Edit: WithSix, also have the update now.

Edited by SaOk

Y funtion for collecting gear is not working for me with newest version. Have I overseen something

I have the same problem.

Also apparently I was using a very old version before, but is there a way access VAS like the old version where you had almost every piece of gear to choose from or has that been completely removed?

Y funtion for collecting gear is not working for me with newest version. Have I overseen something

The crate you loot and your construction car should stand next to other, for me this have worked always when i placed the car next to the boxes

Yes, you need to have the last used vehicle nearby. There is new hint displayed when the vehicle is activates as such. I agree the feature is quite unclear. I try to have more guidance/symbols for it soon.

New gameplay video with mods:

Sorry, now working. Pushed the publish button, but didnt first accept the pressing. ;)

Hey there -would it be possible to actually have bad side effects when unable to get water or rest such as a slowly fuzzying screen or some other PP dementia?

Its possible, will search if there is some editor for that. Possible to tweak manually too, but take more time to tweak right. But at least fuzzy screen is easy to do. Had it in ArmA2 Black Forest mission. Will keep the effects optional, but trying to include some soon.

New WLA SP Hotfix released. Exploding barrels no more kill player (end the game, even with respawn on), added player needs feature - causes now blurry vision/black outs if not eating, drinking and/or sleeping. Can be set off in start options (enabled as default). House item range is now related with ambient life setting. Some other tweaks/fixes.

Greetings SaOk,

Thanks very much for all your work on WLA. I literally would not even be playing Arma 3 at this point if it was not for your excellent mission! I've logged a few hundred hours playing it since you released it and it's great seeing all the improvements you have made to it over that past months.

Having said that, I have noticed a few problems recently. 1. I can no longer get purchased artillery units (vehicle or mortar team) to fire. Once I get to the dialog to select the number of rounds to fire I get an error that there is an undefined variable in curammo in the a3 supports module line 29. 2. I cannot use undercover mode. Switching to undercover results in my unit switching to his underwear and the detection status fluctuates between "undetected" and "detected". I believe this is related to a recent change in how uniforms are handled. Also note that no civilian clothes are selectable from the gear menu. In addition I have armed units running around in their underwear in towns, most likely the armed civilians generated in hostile towns. 3. attempting to shift-click to set a marker on the map does not display the mark on the map. It is also only sometimes visible "in-character". I also note that the elevation and coordinates displayed under the cross-hair when viewing the map gets stuck after a short time and does not update when the cursor is moved.

Finally, I have a few requests for you to consider. 1. Is there any chance we could get VAS back, at least as an option? 2. I would appreciate an option to disable the long concrete walls that sometimes get drawn around camps. They play havoc with AI pathfinding at times and can be quite the nuisance when one respawns on the wrong side of one and has to walk a long way around one to get back into the action. 3. Could tactical glasses be added to to the default undercover loadout to facilitate the use of TPW HUD?

Once again, thanks for your fantastic mission! I look forward to seeing what you have planned for the future (and a port to Takistan and Cherno).

I really did enjoy the old VAS system much more than the current gear system. It was real easy to setup your squad with saved custom loadouts before going out to your next objective. I honestly don't like the new system at all, it's just too much of a hassle to be driving around to dead bodies and dropped crates to gather stuff, wastes too much time, it's very restrictive, distracts from the action, and is just no fun at all.

Anyways, that's just my opinion, but I did try to reinstall the old version of the mission I got from armaholic, yet for some reasons it keeps loading as the new one. I deleted my saved games and all traces I could find related to the mission and tried again but to no avail. Any help here?

New WLA SP Hotfix released. Exploding barrels no more kill player (end the game, even with respawn on), added player needs feature - causes now blurry vision/black outs if not eating, drinking and/or sleeping. Can be set off in start options (enabled as default). House item range is now related with ambient life setting. Some other tweaks/fixes.

Wow your awesome man. Good luck in the competition :)

Thanks frogggyluv and fitzwilliam, :)

the artillery uses gamemodules, but work quite unstable. I try to tweak that soon or even make my own functions for it. The official build dont have yet the forceadduniform, so currently playing with dev-version of the game have the underwear issues. Will update it later. The map commander function, broke the default waypoint creating with shift so having own system for it, but it dont create yet marker on map too. The coordinates getting stuck I need to check.

VAS could be tricky to add without including it in mission scripts, but will see. I will add option to disable the big walls and add those tactical glasses. Mission conversions are little late, but hope to have some during summer. Should update COOP finally soon too.

Armaholic also have the newer mission version without VAS, but you can get old version from MODDB (the v1.71 but its very outdated):

http://www.moddb.com/mods/whole-lotta-altis

Thanks man :yay:

Just so you know I still think the mission is damn awesome.

I don't know if it's been recommended but I think you could emphasise certain areas of the map more In my experience most of the fighting takes place around hills. For example I think the research facilities and cities are underused and are some of the most intense and interesting locations for battles IMO. Maybe make fighting for control of cities as tasks, or capturing research facilities give prestige boost.

So after sometime off from WLA I've returned, and I have to say I'm really impressed with the changes. Great work SaOk.

I have encountered one weird issue and none of my searches have turned up anything on it. If I'm in a vehicle and it takes fire from an enemy vehicle I instantly get re-spawned as if I died. When I go back to my vehicle it's still there and fully operational. Any thoughts?