SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Only objects and static weapons/vehicles now, but I try to make it possible also to do that for AI units soon.

:), yes had been asked quite many times, but only recently rewrote the scripts which made it easier to add. Also found out dialog eventhandlers only few weeks ago.

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Quick WLA update. Enabled guarding scripts again for guardpost guards. Had set it off when updating the scripts a month ago. Now they again patrol around the guardpost, visit houses and even sit at fireplaces.

Yes, after some up to 15sec wait, they start randomly moving.

The respawn function for AI "Team stay put on respawn" doesnt work. It sets everytime back to "Team respawn with you"

In which place WLA store custom save data and mods-list?

Noticed also that, it got broken after fixed one bug in it. Strange that it even worked before. Will fix it for next update.

The custom save data and mod-list are stored in username.vars.Arma3Profile (in username\local files (i have this in finnish)\ArmA3).

Hi saOK. Thanks for this fantastic mission! I play it almost exclusively. Have been playing it for several months now, so its about time I said thanks. Although I've already voted for it. :)

Nice to see how its progressed over time, and I'm amazed at how well it performs. Its the freedom and base building that keeps me playing. Can't get enough.

I currently have one problem though; my static weapons seem to disappear if I leave the area. I just did a tour of the camps I made and all the weapons were gone. I'm pretty sure they hadn't been attacked, as I was close enough to hear any combat that might of occurred. Just wondering if I might be doing something wrong?

Keep up the good work and good luck in the competition. :)

New small WLA SP update. Village relationship/speciality now save (once next time custom saving (in WLA-menu or 0-0-0)), bug in team-mate staying toggle fixed.

Thank you :) Will investigate what could be wrong with the missing static weapons (those were the construct menu placed static weapons?). Also had missing placed chairs once if its related to that.

Edit: Its some bit possible another vehicle loop removal loop have got those, will add one extra variable for next update.

Edited by SaOk

Yeah, they were weapons I placed with the construction menu. All the other bits were there (sandbags, forts etc.) but someone stole my guns. I blame CSAT. ;)

It resets the vehicle zones on map to have new random vehicles. Zones stay where they were, but the connected classes change (amount stays same).

So if i have insert my modded vehicles into list i should reset and the AI will use also my inserted tanks/helos/Jets ?

Yes, reset after having the wanted lists. But even without reseting many other functions work automatically. Just the current visible zones need the reset since those arent yet following the edited lists.

I started using the helo transport a lot more but I have had some questionable pilots :) ...do you know if it would be possible for the helo to land on or at least near the smoke grenade that you throw (or chem-light/IR Strobe at night) - quite a few times the pilot overshot the landing and tried to land on a hill which ended in a massive fail.

I started the mission at dawn and have fought the whole day deep into night time, really loving the emmersion. I just wanted to add, would if be possible to attach an NV strobe to support drops? The smoke is helpful and a cool feature but if you get to the drop late then it can be quite hard to find, especially an ammo crate in the bushes.

Sorry, one more thing: I enabled the Blastcore mod but then had a huge drop in fps, it might be because its night time now and theres lit fires all over the map?

But anyway, I tried to disable it but I get an error when loading saying that the mission cant load because a required mod has been deleted (obviously the blastcore) do I have to restart the mission and have blastcore disabled or is there another way to recover the mission, I have been playing with Blastcore enable but the fps drop is making it a bit a sad.

Edited by RUFFNEK

If you throw the smoke, the chopper search LZ inside 50m radius from player, else 200m radius. It could be near impossible to make it land good everytime, but will look for improvements for the LZ position search. Chem-light is good idea, could add it detect those too and also IR Strobes. Will also add the NV strobes to crates.

If you have saved the mission progress with WLA-menu savebutton or 0-0-0, you can restart the mission without blastcore and resume where you were (overally, current tasks are reseted, but completed ones not forgotten). One possible trick to improve night performance could be to lower amount of dynamic lights in game options. But not sure if it helps.

Oh I see, now that you mention it there was a dialogue that said he could see my smoke but is landing elsewhere. I think it would be more wise on my part to only call helo on large flat area's with lots of space, I've learned that lesson with the construction truck drops lol.

Thanks, I will try that but I have restarted before and I started in a different part of the map each time. Im scared to lose my current progress now. i've cleared almost the whole of the SE corner and have a very healthy budget. I will see if daylight improves performance and will try reset if all else fails.

Hello again,

It's about the Icon colors.

I understand RED and GREEN and BLUE.

Not sure of Orange and Yellow............any meanings to those colors? I see yellow are pier and Orange at factories or airports.

Cheers

All strategic locations (factories, piers, powerplants and storage) are marked yellow when unactive (those turn green when captured or pink if received from civilian tasks - then the effect on prestige is smaller). There wasnt good marker for airfields so had own orange color for it (that dosent change - may add more proper airfield features later).

I've tried playing this, but I appear to be immortal and it kind of kills it for me. Is there a way to turn that off?

Just disable the respawning from mission start options.