SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

In earlier versions the Waterbarrel was in the Construction menu when staying next to the truck and building your first Bunker/Tower etc. I dont know if SaOk has change something there

Thanks and sorry, the waterbarrel task may not working now after construct system changes or you may need to place fortress before able to see the barrel. Will tweak that soon.

Ok thanks, does it have to be a specific type of fortress or any one? (cant wait to get home hehe, really loving this concept.)

Also, how do you hoard weapons/ammo from killed enemy? Must you use the Y key to pickup things or just use the inventory and move stuff into a crate or vehicle?

You need to have the last used vehicle nearby, then press Y-key. But if you want you can also store any gear in crates or vehicles too and then press Y near it. But if leaving vehicle behind the content may dissapear so the best to use Y.

The fortress type dont matter for the objects. The water barreal was meant to be able to build without fortress too but its bugged currently. Would like to change the whole task to work different way without building the barrel.

Did a civilian just throw a freaking bike tire out at window at me....! W.T.F.

Hilarious. Thats why Ill always come back home to this game :)

You need to have the last used vehicle nearby, then press Y-key. But if you want you can also store any gear in crates or vehicles too and then press Y near it. But if leaving vehicle behind the content may dissapear so the best to use Y.

The fortress type dont matter for the objects. The water barreal was meant to be able to build without fortress too but its bugged currently. Would like to change the whole task to work different way without building the barrel.

Thanks, I re-read the instructions and things made a lot more sense the second time around. I changed the parameters to all tasks available instead of one at a time or whatever the other option is, my FPS dropped quite a lot which leads me to assume that ALL of the AI are populated at once as opposed to in stages?

The frames drops most when in Helicopter or Jet, cause when u are in Air all Enemys see you and they come from all sides (up to 40 units, in my opinion too much) and my system drops to single digits frames until the units which are rushing for you are dead or deleted. After this frames rising again ^^

The frames drops most when in Helicopter or Jet, cause when u are in Air all Enemys see you and they come from all sides (up to 40 units, in my opinion too much) and my system drops to single digits frames until the units which are rushing for you are dead or deleted. After this frames rising again ^^

Oh right, makes sense because I started making use of the 50 point chopper transport thing. How far do they come from? Do you keep chasing you or give up after a while?

I play with activated "TPW Hud" which i have adjusted to see Hostile up to 3000meters. And the do, when i startup my Blackfoot they already spawn, mostly in a range of 1500-2500 meters, the groups are so well organized, always a BTR-Kaymesh and a lot of AA Soldiers, to stay even 1 minute in the Air is unbelievable hard, it sometimes happens that 6AA Rockets are on the way to the Heli, each rocket with 1-2 second break to the next rocket. Mostly i am out of flares before get some serious kills.

But i have to say i play with MCC too, so when i sometimes need a gun or vehicle its the perfect solution. And CSAT never gives up, there will be always a Soldier which wants to kill you (usual are minimum 2 groups á 4-5 Soldiers from different angles). I mostly play alone cause my team is dying so fast and i have the Reinforcements deactivated, sometimes its really hard to survive, thats why i always wear my friend M107 with HE Rounds with me^^ He always has good arguments against the pushing CSAT :o

My view distance is only like 2000m so its a scary thought that theres all that enemy creeping around out there..I'm a fan of the GL, never leave home without it but I think I may need to switch tactics for attacking camps, I'll try reaching and touching them with a 50.cal too :D

Do you know if the AI static weapons (MG, tank etc) have limited ammo?

I play with activated "TPW Hud" which i have adjusted to see Hostile up to 3000meters.

I must say I do to. I have just recently wrote up in TPW's thread that I am having problems getting it to work in WLA.

I works in all other missions I play, but not this one.

Well, to be fair, it did up to last week.

Both are using LOS (SaOk and TPW) so, could be a conflict. As to whether it's separate or related, I have no idea.

Question is, how in earth did you get yours to work?

No in-game message on right top of screen:

TPW HUD incorrect/no config now exiting.....???

Then stays there through out the game.

My view distance is only like 2000m so its a scary thought that theres all that enemy creeping around out there..I'm a fan of the GL, never leave home without it but I think I may need to switch tactics for attacking camps, I'll try reaching and touching them with a 50.cal too :D

Do you know if the AI static weapons (MG, tank etc) have limited ammo?

I dont know, what i know is that they never survive that long as they would have a limitation with ammo. And here the "Master" tip: when u think he is out of Ammo, press Shift+1 and then on "Undo Gun", you will get your Prestigepoints back and you can place a new unit. You are able tpo place 4 units, of course you are able then to press 4x"Undo gun". You can repeat that always, you gonna need it, there are much camps out there.

Here is my actual situation (not so good^^):

1ltr3m.jpg

I must say I do to. I have just recently wrote up in TPW's thread that I am having problems getting it to work in WLA.

I works in all other missions I play, but not this one.

Well, to be fair, it did up to last week.

Both are using LOS (SaOk and TPW) so, could be a conflict. As to whether it's separate or related, I have no idea.

Question is, how in earth did you get yours to work?

No in-game message on right top of screen:

TPW HUD incorrect/no config now exiting.....???

Then stays there through out the game.

I give you a mastertip here too ;) Install mod "Moduload" then Start a new WLA Mission, after Heli puts you on the ground you can "Save&Exit" the mission. When u are back in your Mission selection you can instantly "Resume" the WLA Mission you saved a couple of seconds ago. When back Ingame just press Escape and press the from Moduload mod "Initialize Mods" button and your TPW is ready to go ;)

I dont know, what i know is that they never survive that long as they would have a limitation with ammo. And here the "Master" tip: when u think he is out of Ammo, press Shift+1 and then on "Undo Gun", you will get your Prestigepoints back and you can place a new unit. You are able tpo place 4 units, of course you are able then to press 4x"Undo gun". You can repeat that always, you gonna need it, there are much camps out there.

Here is my actual situation (not so good^^):

http://abload.de/thumb2/1ltr3m.jpg

I give you a mastertip here too ;) Install mod "Moduload" then Start a new WLA Mission, after Heli puts you on the ground you can "Save&Exit" the mission. When u are back in your Mission selection you can instantly "Resume" the WLA Mission you saved a couple of seconds ago. When back Ingame just press Escape and press the from Moduload mod "Initialize Mods" button and your TPW is ready to go ;)

Thats brilliant thanks :yay: MUCH easier than trying to micromanage supplies/logistics

I was doing ok last night but then an ammo drop (very much needed one) landed in the middle of no-where, then when I got there with a truck it it had all disappeared lol..guess the locals stole it!

That kind of set me back a lot coz I needed AT ammo to take out 2x AA's and didnt have much Prestige left, then just before midnight I remember the command menu and can order friendlies to take them out haha so will be continued..

Sorry for all the questions but I wanna learn as much as I can before having a coop with friends coz Im trying to get them off DayZ and just play ArmA3 :cool:

Plus new people reading this might find it helpful..

No problem, i´m glad to help. Here is another tip: to secure your base i suggest you to equip Binoculars or Rangefinders while placing, so you can place your Unit (AA Tank or Kuma Tank, HMG Static etc.) on maximal distance. The best positions are on the higher mountains, so the AI have the best visuals to destroy the enemy, and when placing with my suggested Binoculars/Rangefinder method your Units will smash the Enemy 1km before reaching your base ;)

Just wanted to say thanks for this awesome mission/dyn/campaign ... love everything about it. So awesome to roam around and get stuff back to camp :) Still trying to figure out all the awesome features this mission has! Incredible! Playing both coop and SP...

Thanks SaOk!

New WLA SP update (steam, withSix, dropbox). Task updates/additions, quite much tweaks and fixes.

Thanks :), also added more guidance (advanced hints) into mission.

Little suggestion: how about making the GEAR option unaccessible when you don't have a storage? If the player clicks it, a message appears "You need to build a storage first."

This way players won't be confused when they find nothing to equip if they don't have a storage.

Also, if you want a hand with typos/phrases in the future, I will be happy to help :)

Will add advance hint also to WLA to explain the functions. With lower difficulties there is some different rules too and may still expand the features. With much still WIP better not yet fix the typos too much, but thanks for offering. :)

New SP WLA update. Removed some potentially bad script structures, maybe better performance. And added the WLA-menu hint.

Hello, sorry for my english.

First of all - thanks for great-sandbox Arma mission :respekt:, it's something about i dreaming from ArmA 2 :yay:

I played in this mod from dev-begining (but with huge break) and i'm very excited that you make this mod better and better. I hope you get a well-deserved award.

I now played ~a weak with last versions of the mod (with some others mod installed) and i got some ideas\suggestions for you, which can make (as i think) this mod better.

Sorry, if something already implemented - I don't played in last 4\5 updates because with my old save i can't use "Move" and "Build" button in "Construction menu" (maybe it's mod-conflict or i need a new game, but with weak-old map and "old" (without build line) construction menu they still work)

1) Is there a simple way to resupply AI-soldiers and vehicles ammo?

For vehicles i can (with a lot of buthurt) do reload from Vehicle Supply Box (but i should move them all manualy close to box position)

But it's a lot of drudgery to resupply foot soldiers. I should manually "Gear" them all to put ammo in their backpacks... %) Maybe i don't know something...

Can you implement something like auto-reload command from box\dead body\car for selected units?

Or at least "Buy ammo" buttons in friendly camps, to auto-resupply all close\selected soldiers (and vehicles?) weapon. You can add new building like armory storage for this.

2) Ammo Truck not work. He doesn't refresh ammo in vehicles, or i don't know how to use them. I tried all possibilities. There is no command to do this and staying near also seems not have any effect.

Repair Truck work fine, like in Arma 2 (but, again, i should manualy move it to my vehicles, and there nothing like "progress bar" to see if repairng work or not, but it's probably original Arma 3 omission)

Don't tested Refuel Truck, but in Arma 3 it's useles. (Fuel spend too slowly - it;s better to spend it MUCH faster with orange or red FUEL damage state)

Also can you add another way to fully-fix vehicle for prestige? Maybe sell "Repair Truck" in camp shop, but for x10 price?

For example in last game i got enemy helicopter as a trophy. My mechanic fixed it to "orange" state, but helicopter back rotor (or something like this) still was damaged, so my helicopter just round and round in sky :D, and become unusable, i also can't move it to airport.

3) About Mods buttons in WLA-Menu.

I don't have a lot of experience in think like ArmA custom units.

I installed some custom soldiers\vehicles and sort them by fractions in mod-menu...

So now i have sometimes "red-rhomb" tanks\AA spot on map with green frendly unit inside it %)

Can you, please, "force" red units to be enemy even if they are "firend" for player faction in unit configs? The same for "blue\green".

(And additional ability to auto-sort classes by factions in their configs)

4) Fast Travel teleport only player vehicle. It's "good" for game balance, but AI-drivers sometimes so stupid and slow (especial when enemy close), so i spend a lot of time to drive with them to my camp.

Can you teleport all vehicles too, just take... ~50-100 points for every vehicle in squad?

You also can add additional parking-building that allow teleport vehicles in this camp.

Also - can you add "special" low-cost markers in construction menu, which player can use to set teleport position for this camp? In last game i was teleported with my car directly intro bunker :D Bad ending. Next time i teleporting to my guard post, near factory, and was stuck inside container. o_o

It also can be usable for vehicles mass teleport.

Someting like "parking spot"

1 parking spot - 1 vehicle for teleport into it. Similar to helipad. (By the way - helipad is just decoration?)

5) Why did you replaced visuals by pink arrows when build static weapon and some others? It's probably good idea, but sometimes i want to see how it's look. Also - is there a "respawn" for dead operator of static weapon?

6) Is there a way to buy custom mods vehicles from "Mods" menu? I see only original Arma vehicles.

Also - Weapon\Ammo Shops. I can't get new equipments\weapons or fill ammo. (only random from dead soldiers) I can call "ammo\weapon support" but it's cost too much and it's not very good solution.

7) What's the point from electro-station? Navy Ports?

8) I build a huge walls around my base (H-Big... don't remember correctly its name), and then i see that enemy soldier walk through them o_O

9) I can't to put static weapons with AI in bunker\ on tower (but it's probably engine mistake) They dying too fast on open air. :(

Also it's would be nice if you can teach them do 360 degrees turning :D

10) I love to constructing, but currently there is no really reason to build and improve camp. Small count of "functional" buildings, like Antenna, gear and fire place.

Maybe you can add (in future) ability to build own HUGE real base with War Factory, Barracks, garages... even custom airfield with hangars - Altis have a lot of empty space.

Main reason to build own base - ability to build (training) units and vehicles for less cost in compare with paradrop them from sky in camp. Maybe some others "scripts" ability. In fact i just want to build something huge, not only little camp with few guard post

11) Make ability for player to build waypoints (if it possible) for AI-patrols in camp. Teach (if it possible) AI to use fire places, towers, etc...

Again sorry if some things already present. Maybe i don't played enough to see them.

And a couple of technical questions.

1) There is no Construction Mode in game engine like it was in Arma 2? To move buildings by mouse.

2) How battles work in ArmA3 \ WLA when player is far far away from combat zone?

They all proceed in "online" or "offline" by formulas?

Thanks, :)

Not yet 3d editor to construct but may add it later, need to learn new tricks to do that first. The distant battles are solved with civilization type formulas - each vehicle/static weapon/AI teams have own strenghts against different opponent types (around 8 values).

1.No reammo functions yet for vehicles, but some can be rearmed with called support crate drop and ammotruck purchased from airfield. Units you can reammo in camps using the Gear-function (if you have gathered gear useing the Y-key).

2.The default supply trucks are quite limited. I need to work on my own functions for that soon.

3.Mixing opfor vehicles with blufor can cause issues and probably there isnt way to edit that unless creating addon (I have very little experience with that). The best would be to request that from addon makers.

4.I try to make the fast-travel to support moving all vehicles team-mates are in. In recent mission update, already made team-mate vehicles also save (to appear back if left behind).

5.Added the arrows for PhysX vehicles that caused some issues, could probably just disable simulation for them, but will see.

6.Not yet custom vehicle shop, but in plans (also mod gear shop)

7.You need one pier and power-plant to have effect from captured factories (unless those are received from civ tasks)

8.AI walking through walls most likely cant be prevented in mission scripts. Had the issue in ArmA1 already when working on also on POW cell and couldnt find anything to block that. The fences block AI usually but some other nearby objects may "broke" it. E.g. the POW cell I made kept AI inside when there wasnt chair and bucket. Now I need to use disableAI "Move" for POWs

9.You can put the static weapon in small fortress, but else there isnt yet height set function made, but planning to do that at some point

10.More construct tasks/features definitely in near future plans. Would like to add some features requiring certain furniture too.

11.There is script running to make AI walk inside random building, sit randomly at fireplace, but for some reason the AI have been lately stucking especially in generated camps to one location. I try to do more testing on that, to hopefully get it working right again.

New SP WLA update. Removed some potentially bad script structures, maybe better performance. And added the WLA-menu hint.

Great stuff, if I replace my current version will my save game still work? (I'm doing quite well now and I dont want to start from scratch)

Also with regards to the above, no9 would be very much appreciated. I put AI in the small fortress which works well but it would be great if they could be placed on that big metal rectangular fortress.

In future, do you think it would be possible to create a fortress that is already bound to an AI type, like MG/GL/AA? (An MG guy in one corner, GL or AA in the other) - might be easier/quicker than trying to position an AI guy onto one than to have one pre-made.

I used to make missions back in the day and found there is a height option in placing objects so you can put sandbags and fortifications on top of buildings for example to make elevated positions, not sure if that helps or not lol, just a thought.

Edited by RUFFNEK
changed picker to quicker

You can continue with new version if you have saved the game using WLA-menu savegame button or pressed 0-0-0. Then there is custom savegame file made that can be loaded after restarting, from the start options. By leaving progress setting to resume.

I try to add the height set soon.

Edit: Got height set working, coming with next version.

Edited by SaOk

New WLA SP update. Added the set height function. Currently simple slider, may improve it in future. Two new objects also in the construct lists.