SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

I'm typing this same time I'm playing your mission. Love it.

Great job.

I hope you understand what I say are only suggestions, not complaints.

I also hope you find time to slow down on this and focus on an epic campaign like you are fondly remembered for doing in A2.

Cheers!

New WLA update: Prevented big camp/factory walls getting made too near each other, also lowered amount of roadblocks with statis weapon and other performance tweaks + some fixes (vehicles taken from zones shouldnt disappear if player team is using it). Some changes only have effect after full restart (not resuming old mission progress in start options).

Cant currently work on other campaign projects, but maybe after the competition is over. ;)

Thanks for the great WLA mission, SaOk. I found it recently and instantly became addicted. Now i don't play anything but this.

There is no doubt that you have a lot of work, but i want to request one thing that i really miss. Is the ability to take control on another character on the map, if you are killed. Or respawn as a new character without your gear. Or resume a game with the new character. Something to be able to lose your gear but not a mission progress, would be great to have such an option.

Thanks again and good luck with your project! Already voted for WLA at makearmanotwar.com

Thank you :), sure generating new character is possible and should be quite easy. Will try to include that at some point.

SaOk,

I keep having trouble gathering gear through your new system. How exactly does it work?

I walk near a crate.... nothing happens if I press teh Z key and my Y key is used for Zeus....

Is there a tip?

Did you had your last used vehicle under 100m away? Only then gear can be picked with the Y-key.

New SP WLA test update is here (dropbox only). More voices by zafjr (soldier conversations). Moved all sounds and music to be downloaded as separate optional addon. If not installed, mission dont have any custom sounds. You can find it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/78e2wypdx0ja5p9/%40SaOk.7z
(The old familiar mission link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9teb12jubx88qf/SPWholeLottaAltis.7z)

This way will allow quicker mission updates and also can upload the mission also to withSix again. Also planning to include the voices/music to COOP version too as optional extra. Edited by SaOk

Also spotted that :), but probably more of game issue unless it was some mod conflict.

How this is even possible... I left my 2 Soldiers in a base to keep this base clear, meanwhile i were going on my own to another point. But CSAT managed it to capture this and my soldiers are still alive. Thats not logical. And it isnt fair too.

114cqn.jpg

Antenna Function for half prize for vehicles and stuff didnt work at me too

Reworking the capture conditions. Currently there is only check for camp units and units in nearby guardposts. Once those are gone the camp is captured for CSAT. Adding now also check that there is at least one alive CSAT soldier inside 30m radius and no player side units in 30m radius from the camp.

New WLA SP update + Sound pack updated (both dropbox only for now). Much new voices by "Zafjr" (complete intro voices, + voices for pows, civilians, soldiers...), +much small tweaks/some fixes. Included also that new camp condition.

Aha - he's overtaken me on votes! :p Well done, Sa0k - the amount of hard work you're putting in is really paying off - kudos! Have you got any plans post contest?

;) Not sure yet, this could be quite endless project. Probably will create more conversions and maybe work on COOP, but at least copy-paste the whole thing to the new map coming with expansion late next year. But will see.

Clip of the new acting: :D

Edited by SaOk

Amazing voice acting, way better than mine. I should just stick to civilians or HQ/radio-related roles; I don't have that type of tough-guy, graspy attitude sound as this guy, my voice sounds more like a rookie or intelligence officer voice, like in the video below.

I guess it can fit on one of the main player characters for more variety, though, but I need to do some voice overs which don't sound like they're undercover (that's why I'm whispering and being disrespectful, because I'm supposed to be talking to a whiny little civilian. It doesn't fit when you're not undercover; why would you whisper to a soldier when there's not supposed to be a fight taking place?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M7nkc5ngxk

Edited by Jinzor

New update v1.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@saok.png

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

New update v1.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@saok.png

SaOk,

can u disable this negative Points for killed civilian?

I tell you why: dumb AI / as a Sniper i like to secure the way to me with Mines,Claymore and the rest of those explosives. Well, in a village u cant place those mines, if you do, the clever AI will simply walk into those (but spotted the mine 10 seconds earlier => walks straight into it)

I lost 1200 points in 8 minutes (Record) as i was defending "my" village. Hardly said the negative points makes the mines/whole Explosive ammobox completley useless in the game.

Greets

SaOk,

can u disable this negative Points for killed civilian?

Make it optional if anything because I like the Civ penalty.

Took many months off this game and after coming back had to try this old monster mission again - goddayum Saok! It's a behemoth! Really just an awesome mission with so much I can't figure out the half of it but learning is half the fun. Need full pdf manual lol.

Thanks again.

Yeah optional is my question always. Most of those options before start a game were suggested by me ^^

Thanks and welcome back :), I try to add more guidance/manuals slowly to the mission, using the advanced hints. Could add maybe check if the civilian died to mine, making that not count.

Having little break, but mission updates again in few days.

Excellent work, SaOk! My friends and I have been wasting a LOT of our time on the WLT/WLS maps! I've had some inconsistencies with some features, but it's still evolving so absolutely no complaints here. :D

The most frequent issue I've seen is the High Command Toggle (Ctrl+Space) which works correctly ~75% of the time, but other times it just doesn't seem to want to work, even when I know there is a friendly detachment nearby. Is a "Team Leader" the same as a "Group Leader?" I notice that the High Command structures in the briefing all say 'Team Leader,' so is that a position that's limited to one player on the server at a time, or should it work for anyone that's in command of a squad?

All things considered, this is definitely one of the most fun and rewarding MP scenarios we've found. Nothing can really compare with slowly steamrolling your way across the entire island, one hard-fought camp at a time. :cool:

Having little break, but mission updates again in few days.

Enjoy the rest, you've definitely earned it!

Thank you, :) the high-command groups may be available only closest player that is also group leader (meant group with the team, will fix the briefing). Will also check if there is some bug in the system. Much updates also waiting to be copied from SP version to COOP.

This is really addictive, got home at 5:30pm and had to peal myself away from the PC after midnight! :D

I'm not sure if Im missing something but is there some sort of a map legend? (I dont have a clue what most of the icons mean on the map)

Additionally, I was making friends with locals and they asked to have water delivered to their camp. I did the wait 1hr thing and then a bottle appeared in the back of the lowbed truck but disappeared the first time, on the second attempt I pressed Y on it and it said resources gathered but Im unsure of how to actually give it to them? I spent like 35mins trying different stuff but gave up eventually :/ Must I build something there? I ended up bringing the Hemmit truck too but yeah had no luck