SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

^^^

OK, well, I was not complaining. Just thought I'd report it to you.

I'm still making my way through. At the very least, it does save some tasks that you already finished.

That's good because I don't have to start all over again.

Cheers

New quick WLA SP update (to fix that camp issue too). Mod enabling fixes and tweaks, added function to reset vehicle zones (to include custom mod content), added slots (to save templates that can be loaded even after reseting and not resuming the saved mission progress), camp owner bug (when resuming after restarting) should be fixed finally.

Remember to click the new reset veh zones button after making changes to the vehicle lists. That make those vehicles randomly appear in the current marked zones too. That button can be used anytime, it dosent add more vehicles to the zones, but replace the current ones with random class. Dosent affect the zones that are currently active (spawned near the player).

Nice,will try it now. But have to say that the performance were going a little back compared to the prelast release but i think the issue is on my side (AI mod)

But i have now a "dead body cleaner" ^^ 10 bodies maximum then they were deleting :)

The soldiers which you can buy for your base to defend (AT,AA,Sniper,MG Team...) are near to useless, they arrive, but they stuck everytime on the building:

1udktx.jpg

I'm planning on giving this another run from the start some time today. I'm hoping that issue with the enemy spawning everywhere is better because they were like cockroaches multiplying everywhere. It's really frustrating when you spend hours killing enemies in your own territory and they keep spawning as you're driving away. There are two things I want more than anything in WLA, one is realistic and one is a ton of work. The first is the spawning. I wish enemy spawns were more controlled and happened only near their controlled territory. They would need to move forces like the player to get in to positions, with a much smaller number of random events that put enemies directly in to friendly territory (for example, they would have to para-drop in forces to give the player the chance to tip the odds if they caught the drop while it was still in the air, or more dynamic events that required AI air squadrons to reach certain triggers in friendly territory before they could drop armor or troops there). After all, the AI has the advantage of being able to control great numbers of entities at once, without delay. And we're one person with a squad of AI that has to be told every order at human speed.

The other thing is unrealistic because of all the work it would take, but I'd love to see how WLA operates with its object data offloaded to SQL or something similar.

I'm starting to get used to your new gear system but its a pretty good idea. It takes away the hassle of dealing with those buggy cargo containers. It would be nice if the cursor stayed on the last item type added/removed if there are any left in the selected bag. And also if there was a number next to the item showing how many you have stored up. Is there a limit to what can be stored in this gear depository or is it just adding items to a list somewhere? It is very quick and responsive. Although I can't seem to keep a silencer on a gun (they sometimes disappear off a weapon when I put it in my bag). Something keeps removing them from rifles, containers and pistols. (Holy crap I just realized you can hit Y next to an enemy body and loot everything off the body!!! I thought that was only in the crates after capturing a camp! SaOk I think I love you!)

I also think I found a bug with enemy vehicles. I'm standing now next to an Ifrit that I disabled and killed its crew when they dismounted. When I get in the vehicle, nearby friendly NPCs open fire on it. If I get out they stop firing and will open fire only when I get back in again. It's like they are claiming it as their prize and will destroy it rather than let someone else take it. (Ok he finally just stopped firing after about 2 or 3 minutes of me getting in and out. Then he said "cannot comply. standing by." and started grabbing ammo out of the back. What an odd man that NPC is.)

PS Tow script :)

Edited by defektiv

New WLA SP Update. Surrendered enemies can be now chatted, custom savegame function now save also gear and team-mates and insertion is skipped when resumed. Gear can be gathered now also from vehicles. Much other tweaks, fixes, improvements.

Some of the changes only have effect after next time using custom savegame function, some fixes even require full restart.

Thanks, will work on the spawning more. In the gear menu, the last item should be picked from the list, but some reason its not working always. Taking more look soon. There is no limits how much gear to gather, unless something breaks. :)

That vehicle getting fired by AI, is more of game feature. Towing would be nice, but will wait for the ArmA3 DLC:s that might bring some kind of ropes (at least sling loading was mentioned).

Thx, i will try it next minutes. Whats about the IED Script i suggested a while ago. It would do a better immersion in my opinion

Created already IED-script many weeks ago but then forgot it (didnt manage to make IED objects appear, but had it working with spawned satchels). I try to include it properly soon.

Edited by SaOk

New SP WLA Update. More stuff to build, IED's appear now near hostile villages, explosives around camps and guardhouses, other improvements in Gear-, Mod- and Construct -functions. Some other tweaks and fixes

Edited by SaOk

Hotfix, uploading in around 10min Should make object multiplying bug more rare or fix it.

Great mission SaOk

I really enjoy the un predictability of random insertion, and random enemy contact. Noticed that sometimes when i try to remove a crate from the truck that it comes back onto the truck, but is now listed as on the ground. I overcome this by driving the truck in fast circles until the crate falls off the side :)

Keep up the good work, SaOk! It's looking great!

Thanks all :) (Kydoimos, also enjoyed yesterday trying your Resist-mission sample. Superb stuff ;))

After the changes in construct system there is still some issues, but planning update later today. Also adding POW cells as special structures in guardpost. You can now put surrendered units to those and receive extra timed prestige but also there will be enemies trying to release those.

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

New SP WLA update. POW-cells can be built now to guardposts and surrendered enemies put in it to receive more timed prestige, +some fixes / tweaks (including hotfixes to the construct system)

Edited by SaOk

Got my best experienced battle in town the last hours, most intensive what i played till now in Arma3. The new IED Traps are great, was a good idea i think, brings lot to the immersion in my opinion. Thanks to an AI mod is use the Soldiers are hiding in houses and they make Garrisons there. The last hours were great.

Thx SaOk for your mission, keeps me playing Arma3 (over 2500hours on STEAM now, 2200 hours of that was on WholeLotta Missions) :)

Thanks, that some whole lotta playing time. :) Will add soon some more hiding soldiers in houses. There is guarded houses but agree they rarely stay long inside houses. Should add some hiding snipers and maybe AT-soldiers, could have some static weapon in houses too (just need to select more fixed positions depending house type).

Edit: Sorry, hotfix again (uploaded in around 7mins). Spotted looping IED error when capturing camp.

Edited by SaOk

Just out of curiosity, I would love to see other players post pics of their camps and how much work they went into them.

I'm wondering if maybe I am not doing enough for mine. I even see that you have furniture. I don't bother with that, but would be interested to see what camp set-ups other players have done.

Question:

There is a mission to "Clear CSAT CONES........................" What do you mean by "cones"?

I think there is a 2 km radius that I need to clear of tanks and AA so Greeks can come in, but not sure meaning of "cones".

Thanks!

Enjoying the new works and full of action.

Anybody playing this, I suggest you us TPW's HUD. Makes a world of difference.

Hey SaOk,

I have a question regarding the caching/deleting of objects that are far away from the player character

one thing that happened was that I took out an enemy mortar and decided to use it against my enemies. I put one of my guys from my squad on it as gunner and carried on pushing forwards towards a town. after getting a certain distance from my buddy the mortar disappeared and he was just standing around.

another thing that happened is I used the "return HC" function on a group of friendly tanks. 2 tanks joined my squad and I was also in a tank. I rolled out and the AI was a bit slow so I went ahead expecting them to follow but then their tanks and their crew disappeared.

I was wondering if it's related to the caching of units or perhaps just a random bug...

Just a type, of course meant zones. ;) The furniture is currently extra, but could add more features to open depending what is created in the base camp. Should try to that TPW's HUD too. :)

I will check the conditions for abandoned vehices from vehicle zones. Should prevent that. Need to work also on that return HC, with spawning/deleting-cycles there need to be much rules set and have forgotten to add some of these yet.

Yeah, you should use TPW_Hud, its fantastic. Well it´s a kind of wallhack but for me its okay cause the AI is cheating harder, they see you through the wall w/o TPW mods ^^ And cause i prefer to walk alone over the map it´s just fair to use something like this Hud. I´ve set the activation of the HUD to 2500meters, hahahaha, unbelievable how many Enemys spawn in these range, especially when using the Chopper. You should use it too, maybe you will see then how many enemys spawn in and how high the chance is to solve the mission ^^

Quick WLA update: Putting opfor units in blufor slots (or vice versa) in mod selections shouldnt mess certain functions anymore, Civilians should appear less now near camps and guardposts, Construct system fix attempt (objects were multiplying again).

Just a type, of course meant zones. ;) :)

Just for confirmation:

You're trying to say "Just a typing mistake. Of course I meant Zones and not "cones".

Yes?

Lastly, Is it absolutely necessary to find food, drink and medicine?

Will it go against me if I don't?

I try to use my imagination and that these guys have Health packs, Food rations and bottled water.

If they can get trucks, armor and men to parachute in on order from the WLA menu, surely they could do that for food, drink and medicine?

I understand if you wanted to make an apocalyptic mission like STALKER of FALLOUT but I don't think it necessary here.

I usually just don't bother with those three.

Of course, this is your mission.

Yes! Too many typos (=typing mistakes). :) The drinking, eating, sleeping and medicines are optional, just to give extra prestige. May add later an optional mode, where would be some penalty effects but maybe not total passing out, if not finding rotten kiwi in few minutes. ;)

Stalker (Clear Sky) have been big influence for this mission, but will keep all possible apocalyptic features optional of course.

Edit: Hotfix again (for civ conversations), uploaded in around 7 mins.

Edited by SaOk