SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Just started and was want to know what to do with prisoners?

BtW, is Shift-1 supposed to work on both sides?

Hey SaOk,

I'm impressed by your time you put in this!! I've been playing the Altis map but started the Stratis for now because it's more simple and has a very nice imersion level!

But I begin to have problems with the SHIFT-1 key. I can't figure out when or how exactly it happens. In the beginning of the mission there is never a problem but afther some time it would not work anymore. I try to load an older save and recapture the camp to test, seems to work for some time but it feels like it is more random. Even later in the game when I was dead I had no acces to the "ESC" key to load a new game. I just had to wait a long time and it would load himself... have you already run into such a problem?

I can't find it in this tread and I don't now if it is your mission or a combination of things.. I thought it could have a mod problem so I disabled them and started the game over but the problem is still there. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Thanks all :)

the yellow information is probably the UAV intel par, where you can see nearby moving CSAT vehicles with direction, distance and speed. Its to have more time to react if some head to your way. Previously used vehicles should be there when returning from cutscene, but it could be placed to different spot. May be bugged too, will check.

Will work on the COOP version soon, didnt test much the revive. Will see if there is some settings to change or some alternative revive. Could maybe add selectable revive system via parameters. Will tweak the squadleader to have much higher rank if it would keep him in lead better.

Village relationships could be saved in the custom save, will try to remember to add it soon.

Shift+1 should work for both side, CSAT have just less functions available. Should work on that too at some point.

The custom keys shouldnt stop working unless some mode is using displayRemoveAllEventHandlers "KeyDown"-command or there is some conflicting custom key. The keys should be reseted after each loadgame. Very strange that also ESC-menu didnt work. Have you checked the gamefiles in steam that those are not partly broken? Always possible that I could have added some leak in the mission, but havent seen others reporting it yet.

Would it be possible to change the "Paradrop Start Zone" outside the island to become an addaction off the mousewheel once you enter the "Deploy Zone"?

I have encountered this a few times, where BLUEFOR will be attacked at the island spawn area, but cannot commit to pursuit due to being paradropped if they leave the initial spawn area.......this also adds a bit of frustration if players wish to conduct an Anphebious Assault from the Island due to being forces to Paradrop.

Thanks for taking my suggestion on the A3 Wounding System, I know Psyco is currently in the process of going insane due to the bugs with the Wounding System....as can be seen on his post on the script.

Anyway, Thanks again for a VERY enjoyable mission that really breaks the mold on what an mission is.

Village relationships could be saved in the custom save, will try to remember to add it soon.

WLS Performace is always slowly degrading for me to the point I'm unable to use Shift+1. But starting new game and the choose resume option makes the WLS running fast again. So it's a good option to play the mission much longer. But I'd like to have my bribed friends again :)

Yes, the WLS have much older scripts and had some leaks there that are now fixed. Will copy-paste new scripts from WLA at somepoint during early summer.

Yes, the WLS have much older scripts and had some leaks there that are now fixed. Will copy-paste new scripts from WLA at somepoint during early summer.

Sorry, my typo. WLS runs excellent, WLA starts lagging after some time :)

I think the CSAT clowns have too much space for move and spawn. Even when u are dominating a large area, there is always a camp which spawns in the middle of your area. This makes playing and winning impossible and the frustration level raise so damn high..

One small bug, launcher crate was saved but when returning to the game it had changed to a weapons crate.

Is there some way to disable the wounding system? At the moment the mission is almost unplayable because you can't die...

I can construct a storage (enabled VAS) and get a transmitter box?

is this intended , how do I get a VAS storage container

I can construct a storage (enabled VAS) and get a transmitter box?

is this intended , how do I get a VAS storage container

Yes, only press Shift+1 again after you buy the Transmitterbox. In the popup menu should VAS now usable for you and teammates. And dont forget to stay close to the box (~10meters) for use VAS. When u are further away it wont work

I think the CSAT clowns have too much space for move and spawn. Even when u are dominating a large area, there is always a camp which spawns in the middle of your area. This makes playing and winning impossible and the frustration level raise so damn high..

Yea i hate that too, you control an area like 4000m but when you move or take off an aa or some kind of team spawns right by you.

Does anyone else get quite bad lag from the start now? Its not jumpy but it just seems blurry and micro freezes for me now. It used too if i was hours into the mission but now pretty much from the start. Not sure if its my settings or what but i dont seem to have much of an issue on other stuff. Might be my issue rather than the mission but it never happened when the file was like 8mb, now its 40!

Is the enemy spawned at the start set or random? I know as soon as you land men tend to appear right by you but just now i had a UAV/Orca/Kajman and atleast 12-15 men and an AA vehicle all converge on my position after we got out the chopper.

All spawning is random, only some big camps are always at same location. Will tweak the spawning slowly, but focusing currently more on new stuff. Will work soon the COOP, to get that wounding right. If it dosent work, may need to search some other revive script.

Working on camp spotlights (quite poor made but will try to add some nice behaviour for those), also much undercover tweaks coming, the roadblocks will be in big wall road-holes, added convoy task and at the end of the video there is hint of new gameplay function. ;)

Is there a work arround or something I can try to make the shift-1 work again when afther some time it stops working? It happens in WLS and in WLA (didn't test WLA much lately). WLS seems to be running verry fine but the shift-1 problem happens very early in game.

Is there a work arround or something I can try to make the shift-1 work again when afther some time it stops working? It happens in WLS and in WLA (didn't test WLA much lately). WLS seems to be running verry fine but the shift-1 problem happens very early in game.

Yes, download a mod called "moduload" and initialize your savegame with it. Then ur button will work again ;)

Hello guys.

First of all: Fantastic Map, i have a lot of fun with it.

But i have some questions.

Does the Map work with TWS?

And can somebody explain this system with Camps etc for me?

For an Example:

I have a Pier that i should capture. The people there are friendly to me and i placed a Bunker and a tent next to it. Then i placed some stationary Guns, but somehow i can't capture that pier, it's still pink.

What exactly do i need to do so the stuff i build gets recognised as an outpost and i can access the millitary shop? Last time it took ages for me to capture a factory. i builded around 4 bunkers and atleast 10 stationary weapons before i finally captured it (there were no enemy soldiers at all)

And another question:

I still dont really get the system with the towns. What exactly are they useful for except from selling civil vehicles? Let's say i put their speciality to AT. Whats the use in that? are they going to deliver AT soldiers only?

The first time i started i placed a bunker and a tent right onto that pier (not where the symbol was) and suddenly it rained ammo boxes and i died because they exploded. after i woke up there were tanks, soldiers, walls, bunkers and more ammo boxes everywhere. i have no idea what happened there but thats how my first camp "builded itself".

I'm sorry if all those questions are already answered but after 20 pages i got bored and gave up searching.

Edited by Robonator

Thanks, :)

The pier should turn, but could be some bug there when its set pink before. Will check it soon. Mil Shop is currently only available when near big camp (flag marked). The factory needs to be friendly at you that you can capture it. Also nearest guardpost need to have the guard or static gun. Will check if the conditions also have some bug in it.

Village speciality spawns same class guard when relationship is friendly. That is quite extra feature and works better with small villages. Village relationship also affect if there is hostile armed locals. Planning to add more features depend on the relationships.

When building tent first time, a basecamp is spawned. That is quite work in progress. Hope to add more functions for basecamp creating. Vehicle and crate drops are tricky to get right. Cant affect much where those drop at the end, but will see if there is something that I could do.

But big SP update coming hopefully tommorrow. Created last night my own gear selection system to replace VAS (that will be removed from SP version at least), could be some less good looking first, but there will be also gear gathering. No longer unlimited gear will be available (unless with separate setting later). Player will need to gather gear from dead soldiers, crates and maybe vehicles. Will add some simple gathering functions and hopefully some tasks to receive extra gear.

Thanks so far

When building tent first time, a basecamp is spawned. That is quite work in progress. Hope to add more functions for basecamp creating. Vehicle and crate drops are tricky to get right. Cant affect much where those drop at the end, but will see if there is something that I could do.

That might explain what happened. too bad half of the camp landed in the water hehe

but could you help me with some other problems?

First of all i have a horrible performance after i captured the first factory. i have no idea what to do but right now i run around with 15fps from 60 that i had when i started to play. Any idea why that happened?

Another Problem is from a friend of mine. He restarted the mission several times because he always Fcked things up and now he got the problem that he is always spawning at the same location where he builded a base but the base changes every time. he tried reinstalling, deleting saves etc but it doesn't work he spawns always there if he tries to start a new game.

Do you have an idea what went wrong? He said it seems to restart the mission but his base is always there with the construction truck.

He also got the problem that he can't build stationary weapons of all kind. He get's all buildings to build but not the stationary weapons they just don't show up, while i am able to build them after i placed one bunker

Btw the pier i meant is the one in the south west of Altis under Panochori in the Panochori Bay. I set my camp up on the pier, then did a mission to get them friendly and the marker turned pink. now i cant cap it.

oh before i forget:

Is there a way that you could maybe increase the ammo capacity of vehicle ammo boxes? It's a bit annoying that i have to call around 4 boxes to get my APC or IFV filled up again.

And do the stationary Tanks get unlimited ammo? For now it seems not and i always loose camps because my stationary vehicles run out of ammo so fast. the ammo boxes are stacking there and there isnt much room left to call more^^

great mission I love it , please continue the super work you do!!

I have on question:

How can I remove map marker showing dropped ammo crates when i move the crates I dont need the marker any more

New SP WLA version is here (dropbox and steam):Added gear gathering system and new gear selection function (WIP) (to replace VAS), new convoy task, old task improvements, new scenery (new prison and roadblocks blocking big wall road holes), placing objects now correct offset, undercover mode improvements, spawning rule improvements, many other tweaks, fixes and small additions.

The new gear gathering works by pressing Y (or Z-key with some keyboards) near body, weapon or crate while having last used vehicle under 100m away. Hint should be displayed and after that once you enter the new Gear selection from shift+1, there is more gear to choose. To make things harder also made cratedrops more expensive. Will still tweak the system. The new gear selection could be some less nice than VAS, but also still tweaking that.

Undercover changes, now forbit to keep NVGoggles in sight unless keeping 15m distance to enemies. Whitelisted also the construction truck and unarmed littlebird that player could now also use without alarm.

Object placing tweaks allow now to place bargates and H-barriers without offset throwing those away of where you places them.

Spawning tweaks now put patrols and some other things to appear more far, also some more blacklisting where enemy can spawn and if player stays still (wandering inside 1km radius), much enemy spawning functions halt. No more new foot patrols arrive and extra vehicles, but still the current enemies may call reinforcements. Should have quite big effect still.

FPS drops are caused by heavy locations. Once you move away, FPS should return to good again. Static weapons can be build after you meet the resistance contact or unlock all assets from start options. Reammo functions are in plans, hope to add those soon.

You cant remove the mission markers, but those should go away after long timeout. Will check it and make those vanish if player gather the gear using the new gathering function.

Sorry, reuploaded with some quick fixes and tweaks.

I press "Y" and trying to pick gear from dead units but i'm getting nothing.

Edit: Ok i got it now. Items goes into GEAR menu then i had to go nearest ally camp to open it.

Edited by dostunuz