SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

New WLA COOP update (dropbox, steam, withSix). Possible respawn fix, crate drops fixed, added disable AI mortars parameters, player can now point where the purchased vehicle appaers, maybe some other fixes.

Will see if there is some conditions wrong with guardposts/camps, but havent faced similar issues myself. Guardposts should have big effect if placing those near camps, you no longer need to come defending the camps.

What's it based on though? How many defences your purchase? How many units are there? What determines if it is attacked and if it can be taken?

Are you only updating WLA? Or also WLS?

I'm currently enjoying WLS more since it has less vehicles.

Did anyone figure out how to destroy the antennae though?

Did anyone figure out how to destroy the antennae though?

I used AT Weapon and shoot the mast half way up the object, had no success with explosive at the base of antenna. Maybe should have used the larger Satchel.

When there is those attack/defend events (and random conflicts on map, displayed as hints), e.g. your camp attacked and you stay far away, then the script counts result checking all nearby vehiclezones (the marked zones) and guardposts for both sides and what AI teams and static weapons/vehicles those have. Each AI-team and static vehicle have own strenght values in 8 categories, bit similar to civilization games. E.g. strider with machinegun is weak against choppers, planes, artillery, AT-soldiers... and strong against infantry and static weapons. It also have low strenght against chopper while strider with grenade launcher cant do nearly nothing. The scripts count sum of involved asset strenght-points and then counts odds for winner. Will still tweak the values (lowering e.g. medical truck strenght near zero so it never can beat planes - currently it still have 10% change) but overally working good.

Will update WLS at somepoint near Summer. The antennas are more strong (in game side) that before, should maybe add some damage eventhandler for those.

Edit: Forgot that I already lowered the medical truck values. Should beat plane only with 0.1% anymore.

Edited by SaOk

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I will buy more of the stronger stuff.

An update to WLS would be amazing. I like that map much more, there's less lag and a lot more forest fights than I've had in WLA.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I will buy more of the stronger stuff.

Well, I have static tanks, armored AA and all infantry teams in attacked guardpost and all guardposts around and it still loses...

SaOK,

im not sure if it has been asked allready, but in the SP version, is it possible to add a Zeus option?

Or would that be problimatic with the gameplay of your "mission"?

I will copy all latest scripts to WLS at somepoint, but will need to tweak many things to fit good on that island (having different ways to gather prestige).

Having guardpost near camp with AT-launcher, tank, mg and AI-teams already have big effect. But there is always change to loose camps.

I agree there is still much unbalance and even frustration, but this concept takes time to build. The final goal is of course to have all tweaked, but still much features to come that require constant rebalancing. With limited time, cant stop for too long to tweak single features, but keep throwing new experimental scripts and other material in and see how it goes. ;) Overally I dont want the mission to be walk in park but to be full of challenges where you sometimes loose, need to withdraw and only come back when gathered more resources. But hopefully, at the end, withdrawing would turn out to be fun and epic, not annoying. But still endlessly thing to do, hope to update soon much the camp/guardposts aspects, include airfield capturing/holding, supplies over seas, amphibious assaults and much more. The biggest challenge is to make all scripts work together to spawn interesting detailed life depending location without total amount of AI units getting too high. Mostly around 90 AI is only allowed and near big villages much less, or FPS goes quickly down.

Edit: I will check the Zeus if there would be some nice features to use in this (at least will add the eagles), but overally like to keep all created by myself (with few exceptions like VAS), so there wouldnt be any restrictions and unknown code to fight against.

Edited by SaOk

Well, I have static tanks, armored AA and all infantry teams in attacked guardpost and all guardposts around and it still loses...

Yeah, it doesnt matter what u have for defend your base, it seems when u go away from ur base the AI is going to "sleep mode" or something, means that the stupid AI doesnt do anything to secure the base. It´s ridiculous how stupid they are, the Cheetah AI tanks which should keep the sky clean is shooting on the Enemy chopper, but its preety always after he dropped the enemy reinforcements. Thats so annoying. The Kuma Tank is stupid too, he always shooting too late...

I dont think i can finish the mission ever, enemys AI are much more "intelligent" as the own AI soldiers.

Looking forward for new releases, i think SaOk will manage it. The best mission in A3 in my opinion

I will copy all latest scripts to WLS at somepoint, but will need to tweak many things to fit good on that island (having different ways to gather prestige).

Having guardpost near camp with AT-launcher, tank, mg and AI-teams already have big effect. But there is always change to loose camps.

It's just it never looses when I'm around - I don't have to do anything, just watch how enemy comes in waves and dies. But it looses in 50% of cases when I'm far away. And it's in the area deep behind the frontlines where I have many camps around with AA, tanks and with some HC units patroling around.

It is really frustrating and takes away some of the fun. Just look into it when you'll have some free time, please :)

New SP WLA Hotfix released (steam,dropbox, withSix). Spotted camps dissapearing issue when resuming progress. Just restart with new version and keep start option "progress"-setting as the default - resume. And you should be able to continue old mission progress with dissapeared camps appearing again. Also added Zeus thunderbolt effect, when raining. Forgot it quite overusing state, but will tone it down in next update.

I think that the only thing this is missing is a good script for player revives in the field. Respawning is okay, but reviving with a FAK or MedKit would be great. When playing with just a few people it gets annoying to respawn, and not to mention that respawning steals some drama that can be had by trying to drag/revive in the middle of a firefight.

Ok, updated WLA Coop with Farooq's revive system added. Let me know if it works good (all players should be able to revive currently) or if there would be some better script to use.

Since you installed a revive script right after I mentioned it, I felt obligated to test this out for you.

First thing, do you mean to restrict VAS from being able to hand out ITEMS? Currently this is in your VAS\config.sqf and it means the only ITEMS that VAS will allow are *""*, which means 'nothing'. Weapons, magazines, etc is fine. I'm assuming this is a mistake?

vas_items = [""];

Also, if someone else could independently confirm it, I can't seem to respawn at any of the points other than the origin spawn on the island. It gives me options, and I choose something different each time, and it still sends me to the origin spawn.

Edited by BadHabitz

Oh man, what did this stupid Zeus Lightning is searching in ur mission... This mission is "not doable" and with this destroying Lightning my AI clowns are more confused as they usual are... Was on my way to clear a base and there strikes the Lightning and destroys me and my dumb team and the Construction truck as well. This is not cool for me :(

No, I set that to [""] to prevent player's taking opposite side fatigues. But planning to blacklist those manually, bringing item section back at somepoint (this week I may be bit more passive with updates).

Sorry, didnt know the lightning was deadly also when used to position. Rainy weather can be quite epic now. :D Will tweak it for the next version (not sure yet when ready, testing new 3Dicon functions and hope to add other new stuff too).

The other option you may want to consider for a medical system is the A3 Wounding System.

I like Farooq's work, but I have found this system to be superior due to the wounding mechanics, AI support, and ability to drag/carry friendlies as well as having a similar treatment system.

One other thing that I wanted to ask, why is it when you respawn, your ammunition/equipment is not also respawned to the levels you originally selected, and are instead at the levels that you had when you were killed?

I have had a few experiences where I even respawned with my uniform inside my backpack/vest due to some weird black magic related to the respawn method.

Anyway, Love the mission!

New WLA COOP update (in dropbox, steam, withSix), added A3 Wounding System by [TcB]-Psycho-, +some fixes.

The respawn selection sets where you paradrop after first visiting the island where you can choose gear in more peace. If you dont want to visit the island, you can disable it from WLA menu (click the green text).

What me and my friends have noticed. As far as respawning and not having our kit. Since it takes time for it to load you loadout on to your character it tends to not load everything by the time your thrown into a Parachute. So end up with either half your gear. Or with your guns but no ammo cause it didn't allow for your character to load your layout. The Item section in VAS is not loading as well. I know you added the parameter to disable AI mortars. They are a great thing to have as fire support, but it gets to a point where there dropping consecutively with maybe only a 30second - 1min window before the next barrage drops. Also last thing I need to note are the parachutes blowing up. Whether it would be us dropping down and landing and the parachute blowing up. Or it would be the enemy AI dropping and literally exploding as their feet touched the ground. Dont know whats up with that.

Edit: Forgot to mention the replacement construction vehicles that are given if the own dropped blows up, they don't work. Acts as if its not there and displays the message to have a construction truck with in 75m.

Edited by Major_Chance

VAS is broken

Current:

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions
{
#include "ais_injury\cfgFunctionsAIS.hpp"
};

Should read

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions
{
   #include "ais_injury\cfgFunctionsAIS.hpp"
   #include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};

Our server also gives an error

WLADialog.hpp, line 95: '/WLaDialog/controls/RscCheckbox_2500.onCheckBoxesSelChanged': Missing ';' prior '}'

I head to hotfix it, strange that there wasnt scripterrors visible for me. :S

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

K, updated the WLA COOP.

Hey there!

i just started playing the "Whole Lotta Altis - coop-8" -version of your mod (pretty nice work btw!)

with a friend via LAN and we weren't able to save the game in the end.

Not sure if it's because playing via LAN?

We got all recommended mods running as far as i can say.

Hope there's a way to solve this!