SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

You have to keep building the guardposts to bring up the option for the rest of the walls and stuff again, i'd suggest just taking over one of the already built bases. Theres no advantage to building your own base anyway, everytime i travel back to a base ive taken time to set up, build and defend everything explodes and then my vehicles dissappear or AA teams and AT teams or vehicles spawn as soon as i leave the base and wipe me out anyway.

New SP WLA update is here (steam, withSix, dropbox). Undercover civilian mode improvements/additions (added backpack with some explosives, you need to keep distance now to enemy with warnings appearing first, each enemy unit have now own memory of you - e.g. if they saw you earlier with gun, you cant play neutral anymore unless reseting civilian mode), added undercover mode as insertion team-type, added startup option cinema background, other tweaks and fixes.

There is looping cinema now on background when choosing start options. Will probably work on it some more later, just quick-tested how looped camera positions work.

Edit: Reuploaded with one error fix (caused reinf-groups not jump closer to player if player wandered far from them).

Edited by SaOk

Port mission to Takistan or Chernarus.

How polite!

No worries, will port the concept soon for other maps. Already tested WLA on Chernarus, but didnt yet finish it. As downside that map dont have open houses, was waiting long for DayZ standalone version of Chernarus but they decided not to allow porting of it to ArmA3 which made me very sad panda. But will probably still make Chernarus conversion at some point even open houses would be much needed. Takistan will work even more better and maybe Zargabad would be interesting too. Also planning Iron Front A3 conversion.

The savegame issues with workshop-missions, will not be fixed: :(

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18049

So the best is to play the non-workshop version. Will move to update workshop version only once or twice in month (1. and maybe 14. day of each month) unless hotfix is needed, but there will be always players with progress lost unless all would follow the update schedule. Annoying but nothing can be done.

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

Started to work on own savegame system, that would save the main progress and camp/guardpost states/locations, prestige and other main values. If there isnt some bugs in the command, should be able to restore old mission progress even after the mission file have changed. Will see how it comes, hope to include it in few days.

Coop update is delayed some bit, want to work on this first. But as good side, will maybe able to add the same custom savegame system to the COOP version too.

Edit: Coming good, already working. Just need more testing and maybe adding some more stuff to be saved. Tasks could be bit more tricky.

Edited by SaOk

I ll try now the version from yesterday. Still have the wierd fps-issue, only on this mission. I tested it in editor with the A3 Mappack and my usual Altis without WLA, there was no drops to 1 frame. It´s really strange

New SP WLA version (dropbox, steam, withSix). New custom savegame function (WIP) added to restore old mission progress (from this version forward) if workshop lost save or mission is updated. Also possible to reset mission now (e.g. to change start options) without loosing progress. +some tweaking/fixing

You can test the new feature by saving with 0-0-0 or using WLA menu savegame button, and resetting mission from scenarios menu. Still WIP and this will not be 100% accurate savegame - all AI units reset and still some features to do (e.g. gear saving), but much mission progress is already transfered correctly. You should be able to use started mission progress from this mission version in upcoming mission versions too. I try to keep things compatible, but since this is new feature. There could still be some twists.

Sorry, uploaded quick fix with some smaller issues fixed. If already playing, 0-0-0 save, get new version, reset mission and let progress be set resume in start dialog. ;)

New SP WLA update again. More custom savegame function fixes (but compatible with two previous versions -> restart and keep progress setting as "resume" in start dialog). Guardpost AI-teams wasnt saved, factory guardposts grew after each "progress resume"-restarts and walled camps wasnt listed right. Some other small fixes too.

I'm trying to understand why of two guardposts, both with construction trucks nearby I can use mil shop in one and not in another?

Mil shop is only available in camps marked with flag. If you build guardposts with tent to create basecamp, then camp is created next to the guardpost. So it allowed the mil shop, not the guardpost. Will still work on the camps to make those appear in more unique way, currently those could look very empty if spawned to random location.

Edit: Uploaded new update again, some more smaller issues solved.

Edited by SaOk

More so around the problem with the respawns in the COOP versions. Have been playing your mission a lot recently. We'll play for a good couple min maybe 10-15 before we hit up VAS to get gear. Whenever we respawn after that we tend to lose things out of our bags and carriers. Whether it be magazines, grenades, or AT rockets we tend to lose them. We get to the point to where we are respawning with no weapons and just ammo, or it respawns us with a pistol we never had and completely out of ammo and everything, completely stripped of everything we had gotten. Then there is points where we spawn in with our weapons but our entire pack is emptied of ammo and grenades and such, but filled with Battle fatigues and carriers. There's been a point where there is as many as one fatigue and 3 chest carriers in our packs. To which prevent us from even getting our gear. Another issue we've seen is the respawn menu which appears to become black to where you can't see the map or any locations to choose your respawn, but then it will just force you into a respawn at times where you just were or somewhere completely different.

Definitely a great mission, but gets rough losing our gear after every death to where were spawning and dropping in with no weapons at all to fight. Kind of a game breaker till we can find a dead guy and grab his gear.

Thanks for detailed feedback :), I will try to solve the gear issues very soon in day or two.

Found a bug. When i call for a support truck support only fuel truck comes. For example i call a rearm and medic truck but only fuel truck comes intead. It's all the same.

New WLA COOP update (dropbox, steam, withSix). Various fixes, guardpost improvements (no blinking when captured or when removing objects), limited VAS can be set now off from parameters.

Let me know if any issues remain and new ones appearing. Updated the guardpost script not to blink like in SP. Tried to be carefull but not 100% sure capturing work if played in CSAT side. Forgot to add parameter for mortars, but hope to have more updates soon.

Edit: Will check those support truck. Corrected the classes earlier but will see what bug is hiding there. :)

Also i disabled three enemy Omak tank and then captured them but suddenly they disappared after completing an objective. I got mad because i was rampagin with my beasts :).

The mission is really great but the AI unable to defend guardposts without my presence is a real showstopper. I should leave what I gained behind and move frontlines forward, instead of this I have constantly move back and micromanage :/

The mission is really great but the AI unable to defend guardposts without my presence is a real showstopper. I should leave what I gained behind and move frontlines forward, instead of this I have constantly move back and micromanage :/

+1, easily the biggest annoyance with this mod. In a way it feels pointless to capture or defend anything, because once you're away it matters little.

Edited by Coflash