SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

No, generally you have to "Restart" the mission when installing new mods which you want to use there and when the version is updating

Ok so I need to start over if I want to use the new changes, or I can keep playing my current save and just restart when I'm done with that particular run through.

The only bug I experienced so far was after capturing an already built guard post from the enemy I wanted to delete some of the H barriers. I couldn't figure out how to do that in shift C with the delete object button. All the objects started blinking in and out after that.

What does draw object do by the way?

Undo Obj should remove always the latest object until there is none left. There is some issues with draw tool (which is used to place fences in row), sometime not objects appearing (and static weapons get missing which is even more strange) until hitting undo once. I try to fix the issues soon, also see if the blinking is still there even thought that would have been fixed in earlier update today.

---------- Post added at 23:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

WLA hotfix released. Found and fixed the issues in guardpost feature. Accidentally included the bug few releases ago when making friendly guardposts to be spawned also when CSAT vehicles are near.

Edited by SaOk

Well I had my first instance of losing a save. When I got on last night the progress had been lost.

What is the best way to save. 0-0-0 or shift 1? Obviously you save and exit when you are done.

Additionally still having trouble finding food or drink at friendly camps. Is there and option? Or do I buy something?

Captured my first airfield. Had some fun in a helicopter. Got beat up but it was fun haha.

What is the best way to save.

Jesus, my son. Jesus saves sinners like you. Ask Jesus.:yay:

Well I had my first instance of losing a save. When I got on last night the progress had been lost.

What is the best way to save. 0-0-0 or shift 1? Obviously you save and exit when you are done.

Additionally still having trouble finding food or drink at friendly camps. Is there and option? Or do I buy something?

Captured my first airfield. Had some fun in a helicopter. Got beat up but it was fun haha.

You can save by pressing 0-0-0 or Shift+1 then "Save" or "Save&Exit" after pressing escape^^

Food and drink and other stuff u can pick up in buildings (mean that civilian buildings) and you need to watch out that no civilian is looking at you when u take some goods from them, otherwise the town/village turns real fast to hostile ;)

Hi SaOk,

did u plan to add a placing system especially for Choppers and Jets? It´s like Roulette when buying a Jet on the Airfield (i mean that the Jets sometimes beeing placed in totaly wrong direction, or have Jets a reverse gear? ^^

I will add set direction for next version. The planes could point at player.

Hi SaOk, i don´t want to bother you, but... any ETA for a new COOP release? my team is anxious. ;)

Sorry bit delayed with COOP, but hope to have update in few days. :)

Since latest update the Paradroppers finally survive, they didnt explode anymore. So u have fixed that? Great work man

Havent changed that, must have been some tweak in game side. Will see if I could do something for the paradroppers that still sometimes land high speed.

why is it that when i die, I do not respawn? I just have that load game or abort game menu.

Probably some conflict with some mod, unless you accidentally disabled respawn in start menu.

why is it that when i die, I do not respawn? I just have that load game or abort game menu.

Are you using bCombat AI Mod?

New SP WLA version is here (dropbox, steam, withSix). Player can now switch between civilian and soldier appearance with own gameplay. Pistol can be holstered when civilian. Other optimizations and tweaks. Alt+Y enables the new civilian mode, Ctrl+Y is to holster pistol. See briefing for more info. :) WIP

Arrrgh, why now when i should go to bed cause work tomorrow^^ I´ll give it a short try, just to test the new features. Thx man

Np, found two tiny error, hotfix in 30min. Adding some improvements too. ;)

---------- Post added at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

Hotfix uploaded (now also CSAT get mad if civilian dressed player wanders near their guardpost). Overally you can wander freely, without getting shot, if using civilian mode, but cant have team-mates or any proper gear expect pistol and that need to be holstered. If getting attacked, you can still return to peacetime just by running away and holstering weapon. Will still tweak the system when civ dressed player is attacked or not.

Hey Saok did you fix or adjust the respawn?

The last time I played the mission is when you died you ended up respawning back to where you started and then chose where to respawn

from there even when the respawn dialog that came up to respawn and you would choose to respawn on a teammate/Ai or a location but no matter what ended up back where you started at the beginning of the mission, and your loadout never saved, and at the beginning you had no idea where to go when you started until you walked forward and ended up parachuting somewhere.

really no choice in the mission.

Hey Soak, love the new changes and thanks for updating the hotkey list.

I keep losing my saves? I don't have any mods installed. I've been using the 0-0-0 method for saves, and obviously save and exit at the end of the session. I logged on briefly this morning before work to play a quick ground attack mission, and when I highlighted WLA the option to "resume" was still there. However, when I got home tonight, it wasn't.

Thoughts? I would like to start building into the campaign instead of having to restart every night.

Keep up the great work, even with not being able to save much it's a lot of fun!

Will check the COOP respawning if there is some new conflict with the game. Earlier it worked good except if dieing in vehicle, then gear wasnt saved.

SP version is better played as old way (dropbox) or via withsix. Workshop version saves havent been working good now for 4-5 months.

Hey Saok did you fix or adjust the respawn?

The last time I played the mission is when you died you ended up respawning back to where you started and then chose where to respawn

from there even when the respawn dialog that came up to respawn and you would choose to respawn on a teammate/Ai or a location but no matter what ended up back where you started at the beginning of the mission, and your loadout never saved, and at the beginning you had no idea where to go when you started until you walked forward and ended up parachuting somewhere.

really no choice in the mission.

Did u use bCombat AI mod? If yes then tell me, i know how to get work with bCombat and WLA ;)

Didn't use any Ai mods, this was a month or so ago I last played it when i had issue with the spawn, was running vanilla game for test sakes.

I found a work around for the save games that you've posted elsewhere. Haven't had to use it in a day or so luckily. I've started getting rolling into a campaign now.

How do you rearm tanks? I tried to rearm the Slammer UP I get, but when I pull up to the NATO Veh ammo support drop nothing happens, and the same for if I buy a empty HEPT Rearm truck. I have the option once, but when I select rearm nothing happens.

Additionally I was having trouble with base building. I placed the big steel bunker down for my main base. I surrounded it with about 10-15 H-barriers, placed a storage, and a radio tower. A few statics and teams. Now when I tried to build a helipad it says I'm over the limit. However, based upon my counting it looks like I'm under (use the default). Then I asked it to start removing objects, which was somewhat laggy. When I fast traveled away and back, almost everything I had built was gone. I guess I hit it enough times thinking the keystroke wasn't registering. I'll try to wait longer next time.

Still loving the mod, and looking forward to getting farther into it. Anyones tips on base building would be welcome as well. I haven't found a good balance, or style to my bases yet.

I cant figure out whats best yet...

Should i make an outpost on top of one of the military posts, or build from scratch?

I would prefer the 2nd option, but seems you cant buy anything if you build it away from a key hub (unless im doing something wrong)