SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

If using diversion call, certain percent of CSAT infantry patrols and vehicle teams should head away (get new random distant waypoint). The more expensive call the more change all leave. But need to test the system more to see how good it works. It should be best used when hiding and there isnt a way to flee without standing CSAT vehicle spotting you.

What I find annoying, and always have, is how useless my AA + AT launchers are from afar

I build them all around my camps, and when I'm in the camp they shoot down everything that flies over, they will even shoot down aircraft that I can barely see. When I move a few hundred meters away (up to a kilometre) I notice they stop. It's like they're not there.

I played a game over the weekend + last two days and finally overtook a large part of the island, but this issue made me rage quit. I kept losing important assets because the launchers weren't doing their jobs. Not only that; the AT/AA soldiers (even snipers, medics etc) tend to not even turn up anymore after I purchase them. Their little fires appear, but no soldiers, even if I wait a while.

It's a great mod but it can be very tedious when things are going wrong that are totally out of your control, even though you've done your best to ensure otherwise.

Edited by Coflash

With default settings guardposts and camps are spawned only if player is inside 1km range. If you set life range to +50%, it would make it near 1,4km. Increasing the spawn distances much would lower FPS, but will see if there could be some compromise (could maybe change the friendly guardposts also spawn if there is enemy vehicle(s) near). Will see how it comes. The guardpost guards arrive with vehicle, but sometimes some of them could get stuck before reaching it. Will try to fix that with stuck check loop.

Yesterday evening happend something strange, i were dropped near the ruins of the castle and i´ve managed to setup my base there and i defended it for a hour or so. After that i used thermal vision of a chopper (i flew around my base) to check for enemys. There was none enemys there (i searched very exactly) and then i was ~ 500m away and all vehicles that defend my base explodes and instantly turn into CSAT vehicles. That was confusing.

By the way: SaOk, did u make some progress due this exploding paradrop soldiers?

Same situation...

I placed a dug in tank, dug in AA and a bunch of gucci HMG and GMG around my camp... I got out from it,only maybe 200m and enemy spawned all around it and took it without any opposition... Maybe if the friendly camp AI activated when enemy AI was within 500m? Seems like no point capturing camps, as you have to continuously micro manage em and defend em all the time as oppose to taking the fight to the enemy...

Still the best mission, dynamic campaign though... Cheers for the effort...

I will try to search why that happens, maybe also got that issue yesterday when more far away, just saw the smoke and camp was captured.

Same situation...

I placed a dug in tank, dug in AA and a bunch of gucci HMG and GMG around my camp... I got out from it,only maybe 200m and enemy spawned all around it and took it without any opposition... Maybe if the friendly camp AI activated when enemy AI was within 500m? Seems like no point capturing camps, as you have to continuously micro manage em and defend em all the time as oppose to taking the fight to the enemy...

Still the best mission, dynamic campaign though... Cheers for the effort...

This happens to me as well like all the time.

New SP WLA update. Added the stuck check for guardpost guards (including for some other AI units that are using the same script), friendly guardposts are now spawned near enemy driven vehicles, nearby CSAT vehicle shows now also direction. Some other tweaks/fixes. Couldnt yet reproduce the exploding issue, will continue to look for it unless its accidentally fixed already.

Okay, ill check the new version in a few minutes. I ll activate TPW Fall this time, i heard this TPW Fall fix the issue when flying with the new A-164 into a paradrop soldier that the A-164 explodes instantly and paradrop soldier survives.

What did the devs say to the problem, you already told them that this issue is still active, didnt you?

Is there anywhere to get a tutorial/guide/readme about how everything in your mod works?

I read the map briefings, and have been figuring some things out, but a lot of questions still.

I can't build gun emplacements after I built my first base?

What do each of the map markers mean?

How do you capture an area such as an airfield?

Is there a list of the things you can unlock through capturing things?

I'm sorry if this is already listed somewhere. I looked around and google but couldn't find it.

My first few tries to start in this haven't been successful but it's been fun trying and I look forward to experiencing more of it.

Thanks!

Have been time to time reporting that chopper crashing into paraglide bug, but could be still there. I have delay before opening the glides, but randomly the issue still happens.

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Have been slow to write tutorial, but there is one 3rd party guide coming to steam at some point. You need to meet resistance to be able to addweapons/vehicles/guards to guardposts. Markers are partly the same as here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_Military_Symbols_for_Land_Based_Systems

Airfields dosent need capturing unless there is enemy camp near, else you can enter the purchase screen from shift+1. Commiting later tasks for NATO and Green army unlocks those units to appear more and for guardposts you can add VAS and cheaper support prices with the two objects, but overally there isnt much unlocking yet.

I will try to update briefing soon again and add also more other guidance.

Could you adjust that when set up Basecamp is complete that the Vehicles which spawns after that, that the vehicles will spawn with a little distance to the builded camp? It happens 2nd time now that the dropped vehicles explodes right on the truck and on my team which were in the Hunter. Result was no Construction truck and a dead team^^

How do you drink? I hit Shift - 3 in one of my camps, in a town I took over, and nothing happened?

Also, I think it said something about Shift 6 for rebel reinforcements, but that didn't seem to work either.

I got a better start this time, and have taken over 2 camps, a town and a pier on the southeast corner. Tomorrow I plan on going for the airfield south of that.

Love the mod!

Drinking/Hacking car/Picking an object button is "Y" button. SaOk did not update shortcut button tutorial that's why people get confused. Only Shift+1 works so far and 0-0-0 quicksave button.

Sorry, had forgotten many outdated hints/task descriptions there. Should be all fixed now in the upcoming mission version. Also adjusted that vehicle spawn.

By the way, some things cannot be picked from ground such as grease, suitcase and some other stuff i forgot. Is this bug or intended?.

Only items that I have listed in array can be picked. Should update it with some changes, since there is some objects that have no PhysX (e.g. tape roll) that stuck in howering position when picked. You should be able to pick suitcases already (those grey metal colored ones, need to check if there is some other suitcases too)

Whole Lotta Stratis

1. AT Soldier no ammo
  2. AT soldier wouldn't fire at enemy vehicles
  3. Most of the units doesn't fire at enemy
  4. Gear crate bounces off when landed
  5. No option to open the gear crate
  6. Gear crate sinks into the ground when landed
  7. Pressing Shift + 1 at captured outpost (the first one) doesn't work
  8. Calling support (5-1-1), doesn't work even though relationship is friendly. They just reply "Negative"
  9. When I asked to check for the AT soldier's inventory (the original teammate), he went to open any vehicles' inventory instead of his own
  10. When the chopper transport got shot down, I called for a second chopper, it doesn't come at all.
  11. Upon boarded the chopper transport, before I can tell him where the LZ is, the option is gone and couldn't select the LZ point anymore

These are the bugs I found so far and prevented me from further progressing in the mission. Especially those dumb AT soldiers wouldn't fire at enemy vehicles when there are so many of them.

Edited by xeon321
Add in more bugs

Gear crate bugs fixed so they don't sink into ground anymore. Also you can't buy something from outpost but you can buy from a friendly camp.

Well, I don't see any crates around the dropped crate area, perhaps this time it's somewhere in the space.

I havent found time yet to update WLS, much updates waiting in WLA to be added into it.

New small WLA SP update. Fixes, tweaks and optimizations. Undo tool more stable in construct system and there should be less heavy conditions counted for guardposts.

Now when you update it do I re download the mod? Or does steam auto updateb it since I subscribed through workshop?

Keep up the great work!

Thanks :) Steam automatically update the mission when restarting it.

So if I load an auto save it's not going to be updated?