SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Did u tried the newest version of ASR? The Author released a new version last Saturday or Sunday. I use this as well

Yea updated yesterday and tried it last night, it starts ok but then after a while the AI become so frustrating, they just either dont listen or move so slowly and i have no idea how to tell them hurry up even under the relax commands. Its probably me and not the mod tbh.

In ArmA2, certain AI mods caused team-mates to act slower since those were edited to see at longer distance and then easily stuck in danger mode, which is very slowly responding state for AI to follow any orders, making it e.g. ultra slow to move forward even few 100 meters. Could also have near same results in A3.

I can't put any small bunkers or sandbags on first try. They simply going disappear but when i put a second sandbag or bunker to near the first one being built instead.

Happens also for me sometimes, will try to fix it soon.

---------- Post added at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

New SP WLA version (dropbox, withSix, steam). Building basecamp now creates big camp next to it (features for it WIP), some new tasks, tasks at start made more clear, fast-travel now color list (as hint, couldnt yet make custom colors in listbox work) camps and guardposts that are active/nearest for some task, some important fixes, some optimizing.

Edit: The construct bug was one of the fixes. So far working good, but need more testing.

Edited by SaOk

Nevermind already found the answer.

Edited by AVFC

Not yet, but will add parameter for that. Planning COOP update for next week, before that more SP updates.

Man, really like to play this to the end but never manage to do that. After couple of hours, numbers of enemies and allies are increasing and getting massive fps drop, slower texture load. Also my static armored vehicles and tanks suddenly blow themselves. I just can't enjoy this mod.

Balansing those issues is the main target, but will take time. There have been much optimizations already, but village enviroments are really demanding even the same scripts/amount of stuff is there too when player is elsewhere. Strongly looks that only BI can optimize the villages to be less CPU heavy, but will try add system to lower AI life when player is near any village (e.g. most far foot patrols, tiny camps and maybe some other things could be removed and life limits lowered until player have moved again to less demanding location).

Yea i'm having the same issue, many good hours of fun on this mission but it just gets too much when you get 2-3 hours in even when i drop the quality down. I dont want to start another game because i know it will go the same way. I understand its more of an Arma issue than anything you can do though.

I'll have to try some of the online ones where the server takes the stress.

I have a dedicated server I can run this mission on, I didn't read all the pots. How's this mission run on a dedicated server?

I have made the coop version mainly for dedicated server (server.exe), should be overally trouble free (ran 24hours on BIS stress server without leaking).

New SP WLA version (dropbox, withSix, steam). Civilian task reward can be get now also in men and strategic points, optimizations (rewrote some heavy functions), other tweaks, small additions and fixes.

Is it normal for CSAT to be using MX and other weapons besides the Katiba's?

Yes, the weapons for AI units and player are set random. There is no way to check for which side the weapon is meant so those are mixed. Could place default weapons in arrays to set the side, but weapons from addons will stay more random.

Edit: Hotfixed SP version with one error in attack event fixed, also change contact loop - enemies should wander more away after loosing contact to player (+timeout).

Edited by SaOk

After installing a newer version should i start a newgame or continue the saved?.

Also when i buy my first chopper immediately couple of AA and/or tank spawns 1-2 km away and they destroy me fast which kills immersion (i want to go far missions). Because of this i ragequit many times. If only you could adjust this a bit it would be great.

Edited by dostunuz

Restart is always required. Currently adding new features to make it easier to survive against armed vehicles.

Unless you use the indestructible transport chopper aerial game play is pretty much impossible.

New SP WLA version (dropbox, withSix, steam). Added Intel/Radar display (will make it later optional) for nearby moving hostile vehicles, added diversion calls (in support call menu) to make enemies move away.

I will try to think something for that aerial gameplay.

Welcome back, :) SP hotfix update released - Guarded houses overspawning hotfix (was slipped in few versions ago), some other fixes (civ task completeing issue). Also spotted one possible over growing variable that is fixed.

Hey SaOk, what does this mean with this diversion calls, can you explain it more precise? I saw 3 options ther for it

Got an idea for aerial gameplay.

What if when you buy a jet or a gunship you get an urgent request for support of friendlies somewhere further away on the map.

Some predefined attack force and you need to make sure they make it trough and defend the position successfully, and or succeed in the attack.

Give the player some true CAS feeling.

I dont know if thats possible thou.

Atm when i buy my A16 in the desert airstrip upon takeoff i take small arms fire, since for some reason even thou the area is clear, small enemy camps still spawn, then my radar gets lit up with TONS of armor targets and helicopters.

usually 2 tanks in a group, or 2-3 apcs. Which is fine, but i also seem to take a lot of AA fire from unknown sources ( im assuming manpads)