SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Happens for me too, I will check the pistol removing script.

Oh I'm glad to heard that's not the problem on my end :) I think it has something to do with the Spetzna/Nato mod since it not happen when I choose the recon team.

Hi SaOk, a few suggestions/bug for your next update:

1) VAS is almost unusable in your mission. There are a lot of fighting in your mission especially around camp. The longer I stay in the camp waiting for VAS to display correct info (magazine, weapon, etc) the more enemies coming to attack. And because of that many A.I. fighting, VAS would even take more time to process (my cpu is kinda weak :D). In the end, I give up and get the hell out of dodge ;) So can you move VAS to somewhere safe (remote area with blacklist enemy) in your next update instead of the camp as of now? If you feel it makes the mission easier then you can make it an option for people who don't want that.

2) As of the latest update, the MQ4A Greyhawk UAV never comes when purchase from the camp. I don't know if it's a bug or it was shot down but I tried twice and never see any UAV coming to me.

3) The Slammer is dropping upside down from chute when purchase.

Besides few bugs listed above, this update overall performance is great. In my recent play, I had captured 11 camps and never experience any drop in performance like some previous missions. Thanks for making this great mission better and better :o

New 0.99 SP version is here (dropbox and steam). New intro cinema (WIP), performance tweaks in scripts, some other tweaks. Strategic map replaced with own simple dialog for testing purposes.

Let me know if there is any issues, changed much the scripts to add lazy evaluation syntax. Tryed to test, but always possible there is some more typos hiding.

Thanks for feedback, bugatti. I will tweak that slammer soon, the greyhawks should work (but may check it too). I will what can I do for that VAS, could make it available somewhere else too (e.g. near ammo trucks).

Played the new version a bit. I think performance is improved (gain ~4fps in camp compare to previous version). I like the new intro cinema :). Also it seems when travel to camp, enemy does not spam and attack right away like before. I don't know if this is part of your new tweaks or I was lucky but I like this better because now I feel a little safer in camp than before ;). The new fast travel system works better than the old one although I have to open the map when using it to see which camp/guardpost to travel to (I don't mind it as long as it improve performance) . May I ask what with the number counting when arrive? Oh, my vehicle is not traveling with my anymore. Is this your intention or you forgot to add it in the new system? By the way, I tried to buy the Greyhawk again and this time I saw it on the map but then it flew to the sea and lost/crash?! Can you check it please?

I understand that this mission is still WIP. But may I suggest to add some kind of progress in the mission now (e.g. the more camps you captured, the stronger your army is) besides available support when you complete the first few tasks. As of now, I notice that no matter how many camps you captured. The frequency of enemy try to re-capture camp is not decrease but increase (because of more camps are blue).

I will check the vehicle (and UAV), but it transfered for me while testing quickly. Was the latest vehicle you used destroyed, then it isnt brought with player team (and created HC groups). When fast traveling, it should display the location, spend time for travel and current time.

I will give more meaning for the captured camps soon, connecting tasks/events on the progress. The defend tasks should come more rare when capturing much camps, but I check that too.

The intro is still partly WIP, lost energy with the later part. Probably will expand/recreate it soon again.

The vehicle was ok before fast traveling (a construction truck), in fact I was inside it when travel but upon arriving there is no where to be found! I traveled back to the depart location and found the vehicle was in the exact position before traveler (meaning it did not transfer with me). When arriving, I see a only one clock (don't know it it was the current time or the spend time) and a sound tick tick for few second. Didn't see the location or the second clock. Maybe it was something wrong with my mission. I will restart and report back later.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

SaOk, I can confirm that the vehicle does not transfer when fast traveling. I restarted the mission. After the cutsence talking with the resistance leader (completed the capturing camp task), I get in the construction truck (the one in the beginning that was transfer with me during cutsence) and fast traveled to that camp but upon arriving the truck is no where to be found. I tried Ctrt+C few times to see if it was somewhere close but nothing.

Reuploaded the latest SP version (dropbox, steam). Easier insertion (added air support for LZ), more guidance for new players, guardposts blacklist enemy spawning (inside 800m range), performance tweaks, fixes, other tweaks/small additions.

There was one error loop in the previous version so better to restart. Still possible there is some other new issues from heavy changes in scripts.

Let me know if the vehicles still dont fast travel.

Edited by SaOk

Oh great. I like some of the change already :) Will test to ASAP

Ok I played the new update for ~2hrs. The vehicle transfer bug is gone :D. Notice the fast travel system now displays current time and time traveled, which is nice. The guardpost blacklist enemy, does it include guardpost build near camp? Cause I still see enemy chopper drops parachutes near camp when I build guardpost. The guardpost that I build as first base however seems has no enemy near.

Guardposts blacklist the nearby spawing points (except for camp attacking units, may change it later, and enemy camp units) but enemy can still move into to those areas and bring foot patrols with choppers. I will still improve the system more. Enemies could try to capture the guardposts too, maybe use those for their own use and even build own ones. Would be nice to have some kind of frontline generating dynamically, but takes time to script all that.

AI creating guardposts... not that would be awesome :cool:

these things would take a ton of time to implement though

Reuploaded the latest WLA SP version again (dropbox, steam). Quite much more performance tweaks, found and fixed leak in civilian spawning script - could have cause slowdowns if staying long still in certain range from villages. Also caused empty villages time to time. Driving with vehicles is more smooth now, selectbestplace is disabled for many scripts when player is in vehicle. Animals can found in more random places, else quite small effect in spawning. Some other tweaks and fixes too.

Reuploaded the latest WLA SP version again (dropbox, steam). Performance tweaks including much less civilians, animals and road barriers when near camps. Also as default a bit less civilians. Some better conditions in scripts.

Edit: Also reuploaded WLS, with possible JSRS requirement removed. And fixed only new issue. Both WLA and WLS soon in armaholic too.

Edited by SaOk

This is going to be the tiniest mote of a suggestion, but could "Ambient Life" be renamed to "Ambient Combat" in the difficulty dialog?

When I first started playing WLS back in Alpha I was turned off by the intense difficulty, because I had always tuned up the Ambient "Life" slider to maximum, thinking that what it was doing was increasing civilians and animals! Heh.

The Ambient Life setting only sets max amount for spawned civilians and animals creating. It have no effect on military life (checked the both WLS and WLA to be sure :)). Currently the difficulty level is quite random depending on luck. Mission also gets much harder if player tends to move near roads which allows enemy vehicles to drive to contact full speed.

Setting difficult level in start dialog affects squad sizes and how much there is patrols and vehicles at one time. Mostly the result is same since the vehicles are so deadly, dosent matter if there is two or three ifrits surrounding player. ;)

Hi, Began playing this a couple of days ago. Best fun I've had with Arma3. Great job, SaOk.

I do think the cost to bribe villages should be a lot higher, currently its just too easy to make them friendly by bribing rather than doing missions. I think minimum cost should be 500 for a neutral village, and perhaps it could rise if village is angry and rise more if it's hostile.

Great fun though.

Thanks, :) I will increase the bribing cost to 400 for now, later maybe make it depend on the current relationship.

Reuploaded the latest WLA SP version (dropbox, steam). Added latest version of VAS by Tonic, you can now toggle off/on automatic replacements for you team with 0-0-4 (if you want to play solo sometimes), bribing villages is more expensive and fixed issues with attack/defend tasks.

Reuploaded SP WLA (steam, dropbox). You can now load crates (max 3) into the small trucks (similar to the truck given at insertion, more can be get from villages). Will add some nice task for the function too soon. :)

Is there a way to choose your setup like primary ,side arm and helmet etc etc?

Thanks, :) yes with SP version you can change gear/fatigues/helmets/other item in captured camps using VAS through action menu. Works also for team-mates.

Hi Saok,

Ok, Im at my wits end. I cannot get whole lotta altis to work. Ive reinstalled twice already, tried playing with and without the recommended mods. The map loads and then plays, I skip the cutscene and it goes to the heli where your custom menu pops up, then it freezes. Whole lotta stratis works, along with everyother scenario i have just not this one. And this mission is what introduced me to arma 3 when i saw your mission on moddb and now arma 3 is all time fav game, LOL! Now i did get it to work on stratis where i changed the wholelottaaltis.altis.pbo to wholelottaaltis.stratis.pbo so i can play it on stratis instead. Im seriously stumped on what could be causing this.

Edited by xephspacer

You need to update the game, there was nearestBuilding-command broken before that is fixed now. I switched to use it since building searching is much quicker with it than what I used before.