SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

I take it the new uploaded version should be played from the beggining again isn't it? I'll give it a try to see if i find bugs and then will keep playing my game of WLS. I find myself more comfortable there, don't know why... :P.

Anyway, excellent missions SaOk, don't give up!

Tested the new update for about 2hrs. Didn't notice performance drop. It seems the fast travel menu is better now (open right away, not lagging like before). But then again, I only have 4 camps so far (the base camp, airfield, and 2 camps). Oh, I notice the update still shows version 0.95. Just let you know :o

A question SaOk, if I choose PMC or regular team, I get 8 man team instead of 4 (when choosing recon). But the first 4 guys are still showed recon AT, recon medic, etc..Is there any advance to pick the recon team over the other?

Thanks, :)

yes I am afraid its better to restart always when starting to use new mission version.

Great to hear the dialogs might be better, let me know if those still get slow at some point. The fast travel (strategic map) is BIS module, cant tweak it much unless the code I add for markers are slowing it down. In the newest sitrep they also mentioned slow menu's if DEV-version have been used for long and possible way to fix that would be to create new profile. Not sure if its also related to the custom dialog issues. The last section in this:

http://dev.arma3.com/sitrep-00030

Recon team gets suppressors, else there is no bonuses. I may rework the insertion settings later once the mission is more complete in other areas. Could add much more insertion types and maybe even weapon/team-mate selection, but better not yet focus on those.

I have been lazy to update the version number, thats why I release the new updates often as "reupload"s. The version number dosent display much the state. Stilll very much to do even its getting close to 1.0. I hope to find good bursts to get the mission in good shape already for winter. Quite much core functions already in, but the story and tasks are quite poor state currently. I will also recreate intro sooner or later.

I continued the mission for 3 more hrs. It seems the dialogs are better now. Didn't notice any lagging when open except one time when I tried to build the defenses in a camp while a war was going around me (lots of fighting including my F/A 18 support), so the shopping dialog took awhile to open. Other than that, the dialog open fine eventhought I had 5 camps now.

Small suggestion, could you change the last team member (when choosing PMC/regular) to something other than team leader. As a team leader, he is auto equipped with a binocular, and often stop to use it to scan around and it really slowing the pace of me and the team (when I need to run away from a firefight to hide somewhere). I took the binocular away from him but every time I ask him to rearm or inventory, he auto reequip it again.

Edit: Never mind SaOk. The team is generated random. I restarted the mission and now that last member is a marksman :D

Edited by bugatti

Great to hear the dialogs seem to be more stable now. :) I try to remember removing binoculars from team-members soon.

Reuploaded the SP version for Steam and dropbox (preparing soon new version for other places too). Mission should support now all weapon addons/mods, it automatically checks all added pistols and rifles (from enabled addons/mods) and gives randomly those for AI and player use. You cant yet found the weapons from crates (still can order NATO&Rus weapon drop) and possible AT/AA-launchers arent yet used. Let me know if you spot any issue, not sure if there would be slow downs with much weapon addons in use.

Probably no, only changed the camp alarms not to stuck playing anymore. That could have very tiny effect on performance, but probably only if playing for very very long time.

Edit: Reuploaded with old optional addon code removed that were copy pasted from WLS for WLA. Should prevent possible broken savegames when using addons. Sometimes the game still shows notification of none workning magazine. Didnt yet find a way to prevent that but it seems to be quite rare message and not have effects.

Edited by SaOk

SaoK, since your mission now support all weapon mods, do you think is good idea to implement VAS? So you can buy any weapon from camp (or a special place) for yourself and your squad. I know that now A.I. would use weapon from addons and I can pickup from dead soldiers but the problem is sometimes I cannot get to the dead right away (due to heavy firefight) and when I am able to get there the bodies has already been deleted from cleanup script. Just a small thought :)

I added the VAS now for the next version. Still need to test much other changes (converted few fsm scripts to sqf to reduce condition counting) and may edit the mission some more before releasing it later today or tommorrow. You will be able to use the VAS when near captured camps.

That's was quick :butbut: Thanks again for your hard works :)

I uploaded the new version to dropbox. Not yet in steam, need to test more (but all should work good). With added VAS, updated camp location search (camps shouldnt appear near each other anymore and seemed like it was possible that there was doubled tank zones). Some weapon addons/mods can still display missing classname notification (if those are using e.g. magazine classes that were changed after alpha state), but it dosent seem to break savegames.

Edited by SaOk

Hello SaOk,

Great mission, but the last version, 0.95, it's crashing my game during the chopper flight. Any reason why this might happen?

[EDIT] Ahh... I'll test this new version first... We crossed our posts

Have you updated the game? You need to have latest official patch or DEV-version to play, else before broken nearestBuilding-command crashes the game.

Near captured camps, you can enter VAS (virtual ammobox system) via action list. It lists all weapons, items, fatigues, hats... (from used addons too), that player can choose to use freely.

Oh that's awesome. So if I were to download a mod it would appear there to equip my soldiers with? I could have a squad using nothing but AKs?

When i try to launch the i get an deleted file error:

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadeble content that has been deleted.jsrs2_wheeler_apc2".

What do i do?

Have you played with JSRS2.0 mod before and trying to load old savegame without the mod? I tested the newest dropbox version without any mods and its working for me. :S

Edit: I am not yet familiar if you can give equipments for team-mates with the VAS. Would be definitely nice addition to have, I see what can I do.

Edit2: New version also in steam now, as extra option you can select rainy weather in it. Its included in dropbox version too once next time updating it in day or two.

Edited by SaOk

Hi SaOk, notice a bug (maybe?) Since the previous version, some soldiers wear blue or white uniform (look likes it missing texture). It was night time under NV I see that. Haven't reach daytime to conform the color yet. Also alot of them switch to pistol when spam. I didn't add any new mod only update the TPW one. Could you take a look at it? By the way, my team wear correct uniform, only those at camp or spam have that issue.

If you can implement VAS for team-mate that would be very good :) All the mission I play with VAS allow only player to access it (I think it's the limitation of VAS)

I keep my eyes open for the bad uniforms, but those should be the same as before. I checked the VAS code, its only for player. I could edit it for AI units too, but not sure if I am allowed to do that. Need to ask Tonic.

You're right, sorry about that, I tested the old mission (one that didn't have that problem) and...the uniform issue persist!! Guess I messed up my mods :confused: Do you have any idea about mod order? Since the only change I made since then was to change the priority of mods.

Edit: I searched and found out that unit turn blue is due to the TPW mod with debug on. Silly me, I turned it on a day ago without remembering it!! Never mind it SaOk :)

Edited by bugatti

Re-Uploaded SP version for the dropbox link. Thanks for Tonic, I got permission to edit slightly the VAS - You can now select unit for VAS before entering the system near captured camp (action menu). Rainy weather option is included and changed player's radiovoice. Later today in steam too.

Latest SP version now in steam too and updated also dropbox link. Converted remaining FSM scripts (except minefield creating system) to SQF for better performance, found one condition upside down in attack/defend script and made some other small tweaks and fixes.

Haven't played this update yet but I notice from last 2 updates that my squad switch to pistol as soon as we land from the heli. Other A.I. did that too when spam. Do any of you guys who play experience that too? I need to confirm that (because I use TPW that may affect A.I, I dunno :confused:), because then I would ask you to remove pistol from them in the next update please :)