SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Currently if player isnt near, enemy can capture the camp with 50% change. If there is guardpost inside 400m radius from the camp. Then the change is counted with formula: 0.5 / (1+((amount of static weapons near the guardpost)*0.5)). So with 2 static weapons the change have dropped already to 25%. Could tweak that some more, to detect all nearby guardpost, not just the closest. Static weapons could be also more expensive unless player have captured factor(y/ies).

Edit: I will add random artillery/air-support for enemy to spice things more too. Those would give massive bonuses for enemy unless player helps to take out the arty and/or camp have AA.

So you mean the amount of guard post does not matter. As long as I have one guard post and more static weapons near it? As of now, I always build 3, 4 guard posts around the camp with 2 team/each guard post and some static weapons. And that really slow down my game with alot of A.I. after captured more than 3 camps (about 10 something friendlies in each camp ;))

Yes, not currently but definitely need to change it. Overally I try to balanse the mission in way that player dosent need to create massive structures to kill FPS. Still dont want to add too much limitations if someone just want to build something big.

Currently adding scared birds that take off nearby when shooting and when vehicle is passing close to them. Should bring some more atmosphere, but also hint of closing threats. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?AlmPVaXChm0

Excellent stuff SaOk, really enjoying your work :-D

Having 1 big problem in the Multiplayer. When I host a game and choose Dawn start it is 4.11am for me and 10.11am for my m8 :confused:

Yes, not currently but definitely need to change it. Overally I try to balanse the mission in way that player dosent need to create massive structures to kill FPS. Still dont want to add too much limitations if someone just want to build something big.

Currently adding scared birds that take off nearby when shooting and when vehicle is passing close to them. Should bring some more atmosphere, but also hint of closing threats. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?AlmPVaXChm0

The effect is very cool and immersive, good work! The only thing that I didn't like is that they come from nowhere, they should only spawn from trees and bushes.

Thanks, :)

I will take a look of the time sync in MP. I thought I had it included in the script, but clearly its not working.

Uploaded new SP version in steam with the birds and repositioned conversation system (should show right with 4:3 ratio too now). Around 17 minutes in dropbox too (working new version there too already, but hotfixed one harmless error).

I will tweak more the birds, maybe to spawn them from the bushes and trees, even they are seagulls with flippers. I wish there would be walking version of the seagull which could be then replaced with the flying one we have already.

Thanks, :)

I will take a look of the time sync in MP. I thought I had it included in the script, but clearly its not working.

Awesome :)

Played MP tonight, we managed nearly 3 hrs before it crashed, compared to <30mins previously. Seems every Shift 6 you call in brings you closer to crashing? Compared to SP where I can go absolutely crazy with choppers n armor n supply drops and runs v.smooth.

Is unlimited save option not available in MP version?

Great to hear it worked that long. :) I give own idd's for each dialog (and make sure all local variables are listed in private), in the next version, if that would help. Else quite mystery why those get slower during playing. I took the savegame function away since I though it wouldnt work in MP, but I will put it back for leader to use (if it would work).

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

New COOP version is here with tweaks and fixes. Changed the dialog idd's and added more variables in private, if those would stay more stable. Conversation dialog should display right for 4:3 screens too, added 0-0-0 savegame function for leader (not sure if it work in MP), max fog setting now have effect, not sure if the time is still synced but tweaked that too (server should sync all player each 5minutes and when resting also time is now synced).

Can you please tell me what these three UI elements are? Thank you.

6dif.jpg

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

HC Groups show amount of AI groups that you can currently high command via Ctrl+Space. Support Available display available overclasses in support menu (Shift+6), that is currently quite unneeded - may tweak it. Reinforcements display if there is replacements on the way for player group, that could also need tweaking so it would display blocked or something when nearest village isnt friendly. Stand by means, player still have enough team-member, but once getting low manned replacements are sent.

Is there any way to prevent the equipment crates from parachuting into the sea? Unless theres a crate with SCUBA gear they become useless. Stormy weather seems to be the biggest cause. Though I must say it adds to the sense of realism.

really awesome work! but dont know why after i update the newest vesion of your mission,my game become no responding when i'm in the heli at the very beginning or just few seconds after landding.

I tried dozens of times and the problem remain the same.

Have you updated the game? Mission requires latest official patch or DEV-version since I am using nearestBuilding-command that was broken before (freezes the game).

Avoiding crates to land into the sea is tricky to code without teleporting result, but player can choose where he is calling gear drop. Also build his camp where the crates are now dropped instead at insertion LZ.

Sorry for the barrage of questions recently from me. Just started really getting into this after I got back from basic training (and it helps A3 was actually released when I got back). Anyway, is it normal for purchased artillery support to disappear? I bought an M5 Sandstorm MLRS for 600 points, used four shots on an enemy camp, then next time I wanted to use it the artillery was gone from both the support menu and high command. Also, is it possible to get mortars in this mission?

Have you updated the game? Mission requires latest official patch or DEV-version since I am using nearestBuilding-command that was broken before (freezes the game).

Avoiding crates to land into the sea is tricky to code without teleporting result, but player can choose where he is calling gear drop. Also build his camp where the crates are now dropped instead at insertion LZ.

oh maybe thats the problem.i'm using the game vision 1.00.i will update and try again,thanks for help!:):):)

Mortars can be purchased from camp menu. I added refund system for next mission version (not yet released) to compensate deleted AI support vehicles. Artillery that is deleted unharmed gives full credit back, air/land-support return 50%. Also now there is LOS checks forming boxes to detect spawning locations for purchased vehicles. Dont work always, but usually now construction truck dosent explode anymore when created. Much other tweaks coming too. Trying to find good motivation to finally add more tasks too.

Boy the next version sure sounds sweet!

So why are artillery units disappearing? The refund system sounds nice, but I would prefer to have them not disappear at all.

I have multiple deleting loops removing all life at the end, to prevent FPS leaking. Could add exception for artillery, but those still need to be deleted at some point. Refund system is placeholder for better methods. One way would be to allow one or two artillery for player, older arty would be removed from exception list (or remove set variable) when new one is purchased or if it gets destroyed.

Sounds great.

After playing DUWS pretty much all night I say with absolute certainty SaOk's missions are the best out there for SP ArmA 3 hands down. While I was playing DUWS - which is a fine mission - I was constantly thinking about how much more polished, structured, dynamic, and most importantly fun SaOk's missions are. Time to get a little sleep and wake up to a 'Whole Lotta Altis'!

Great work I really appreciate everything you are doing. If you want any help with anything please let me know. With just a little more refinement this mission will be just about perfect.

Thanks, :) still much to do. Just added camp alarms (tweaked) from WLS, enemy may receive air support or extra soldiers spawn to start from nearby random house. Villages have now more random start relationship and if player is near hostile/angry village possible new enemy patrols are spawned as hostile armed locals with pistols. Also starting from random house in the village.

still seem to be getting physx_64.dll crashes after hotfix for co05. will latest dev build stop the crashes?

Yes, currently only new DEV-version can run the COOP without crashing in 10 minutes (from paraglide issue that is fixed in DEV). Next official patch should make it stable for it too.

Hi Saok, playing the latest version I notice some camp has status "Strong", another "Normal". No matter how I build the defenses the status won't change. Do those status have any meaning and if they are, how can I change one from "Normal" to "Strong"?

It should be strong when you have built guardpost near, but I check that.

New SP version 0.95 in steam and dropbox. Much tweaks, fixes and different additions, 3 new small side tasks come in random order after meeting resistance leader.