SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

There is a slider under object-list which is more visible with NVGoggles if you are playing with night time. You need hold mouse button while moving the small arrow to rotate. I am new to create dialogs, couldnt yet find better way for that object moving than the ~2second phases. While dialog is open player cant move and if I leave it to player to return to dialon then he could use moving fortresses as cover. I may improve that part later once mission is more complete.

Given the required proximity to the supply truck in order to build in the first place, i'm not sure using fortifications as moving cover is likely to be a serious issue. I guess co-op might be more at risk of abusing it however. I too would like a easier to use building mechanic. Some 3d editors available for the game leave the player's body where it is, but allow an isometric point of view while place objects. Perhaps an alternative to think about?

Sure, I would have used the old construction module but had to create something myself to replace it.

New version 0.77 of WLA in DropBox. Much small tweaks, additions and fixes. With PMC addon, you can now select to be PMC team from start dialog. Enabled soundtracks back too.

Edit: Forgot to mention that there is now enemy supply trucks driving randomly. If you take those down you get 150 prestige. Parked cars are now locked, meant to add civilian task(s) to open those but didnt yet create the tasks.

Edited by SaOk

On the subject of base-building, while most of the fortifications appear pretty much exactly where you place them, the 3 and 5 block medium HESCOEs always end up slightly to one side. Which is an issue in the editor as well, if I recall. Anyway, an earlier build of your mission seemed to have not had that issue. Other than that, I'm loving it.

On the subject of base-building, while most of the fortifications appear pretty much exactly where you place them, the 3 and 5 block medium HESCOEs always end up slightly to one side. Which is an issue in the editor as well, if I recall. Anyway, an earlier build of your mission seemed to have not had that issue. Other than that, I'm loving it.

Oh god that is infuriating.

I would love to build a whole fortification using them but placing them precisely is impossible.

Ill just edit this post instead of a new one.

How do i use the transport heli in support screen?

It comes and lands, but how do i tell it where to go?

Edited by Ambient

Its a difficult task to add the correction for certain objects. Thats why bargate isnt stored in spawning/deleting array at all. That object is many meters off from its center point. Better would be if the object itself would corrected in game's side. Dont want to spend time to fix that, at least yet. I could add those HESCOEs not to be in spawning/deleting cycle too, but if player creates very much guardposts the game may get slower at the end.

Once you get in the chopper, you can click on map where it should take you. I am using the BIS module for that. If it dont work, I could switch to my own old chopper transport script, but that dosent have the nice notifications and radio chatting.

well here is how it goes for me, i get my squad and me in the heli, a menu option pops up giving you a selection for go to coordinates. I open the map to mark the location of where to go. Now do i just double click somewhere to make a marker, or do i need to do something else?

It seems like when i double click the menu option gets "selected" or it disappears and i get booted out of the heli.

It should be single click on map. But I will check that if its working for me.

Yes, but currently workshop downloads are broken (for certain missions including WLA) and waiting to be fixed in steam's side.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14440

Probably working during next week again. I will keep the steam version updated then.

Thanks. I'm not sure why I couldn't remember there was a slider there cause I've used it before. Sorry about that

Tested the lastest version from dropbox. After the 2nd cutscene (after taking the base for the rebels) I somehow lost control over my peeps. They are still under my control but run off into some direction without following any orders any longer. I think they run back to the spot where they have been before the cutscene ported them.

Imo the teleporting for the cutscenes is a bit of an annoyance. Especially when your vehicles are left behind 5000km away from you... ;) Would be better without being ported over half of the map? The cutscene (when capturing the base for the rebels) started when I was still busy to kill enemies that where lurking around there..

And whats the reason of your guardpost anyway when you get ported away from it miles over miles?

Overall the default arma-Ai behaves studid as a brick. Any chance to add UPS? (http://kronzky.info/ups/index.htm)

Is there a way to repair wheels of your vehicles?

Theres a fortress mentioned that you can build. But how?

Keep up the good work! Love it! =)

Thanks still a lot to do, :)

My team-members also once did that. Deleting them with 0-0-8 seemed to be only option. The last used vehicle, if still operative, is moved near the cutscene site. Created guardposts (Shift+C when near construction truck) dont yet have much role except locally you can get much help from static weapon. In one resistance task, the easiest way to complete is to build few AT-launchers on hill. Repair trucks can be bought via support menu (shift+6), after that you could call it from 5-1 menu.

UPS is quite heavy script, I will see if to use it partially but I like to script things for AI myself too. :)

I got access to call in tanks and other US equipment, and this is where im noticing a lot more stuff out of whack. (I noticed it as well with the captured T-100 too)

There is a lot of targets that appear on the horizon about 1km out, and then when i proceed to aim at them, they just disappear. And this happens almost nonstop, as the radar shows red blips, then they just disappear. Also im getting a lot of insta spawn civilian cars that happen to pop up right infront or in some cases even underneath my tank in cities and towns.

Is this at all affected by my draw distance?

Regarding repair trucks and other bought support, in what way do they proceed to the player?

I tried calling them in in many situations to no avail. (Maybe they get taken out by the enemy but i dont even see them appear in overhead command mode)

Edited by Ambient

The spawning-deleting cycles always could be tweaked some more. For good performance there is only ~80 AI at one time. To make player see some of them ~0,8-1,4km radius to have the life in have been quite balansed, but could add more LOS checks and increase vehicle spawning/deleting distance some bit. The vehicles in villages are tricky to get right. Dont what to spawn too many car, currently there is 3 parked cars at one time. Will keep the spawning distance low for them, but will try to improve it some more.

After purchasing supply truck, you should be able to call them via 5-1 menu, but it didnt work always last time when I checked. I will try to fix it, at least add them in high-command menu. For next version I have now fixed artillery, they spawn now without waypoint and have allowfleeing set 0 which seems to keep them visible in artillery support menu (0-8).

Right on. Ill keep reporting any issues i find.

PS: Dont take any of them negatively. I think without this mod, the release of arma III would have been a complete bust for me.

Thanks, :) sure all feedback is always welcome.

I'm liking this alot too, but i'm having massive issues even just surviving the first landing.

I'm getting two or three enemy fireteams with apc's and sometimes even tanks approaching as soon as the construction truck has been dropped.

One time i sat there restarting 6 times trying to rush to get the truck out of there, every time the apc got me. There was no way out.

Funny thing is, the absolutely first time i played the mission, it dropped us right outside a town, i saw 2 enemy riflemen in the town, we walked in and set up our base there.

Easy as pie, had a great time. So i have no idea why every other time was nearly impossible to survive in.

Too random?

Its random (tanks only appear randomly near enemy camps), but I agree the landing is often quite deadly now. Nearby roads make it more likely that enemy spot you faster. The best is to use night time and dont stay still to long.

Any chance for this one we can get a wider variety of insertion options? Say...during the initial thing you get to start either in the Ghosthawk (as now) or maybe in a SDV, or a parachute deployment (and with a parachute deployment you manually set the waypoint when selected so everyone knows where to try and aim during the drop)?

Sure, I may add more options for insertion. Starting with SDV would be nice and also I could include other SDV/under water action too in the mission (at least as optional tasks).

Mission download working again in Steam Workshop, there seem to be currently 2mb download limit. Reduced the mission filesize to get it work. Currently no first aid script by DAP or soundtracks in the mission.

You did a really good job~ This mission is what I only play in ARMA3 SP.

but I have some questions:

1. How to use air support? I ordered it by pressing shift+6, and selected "blackbird" But I don't know how to use it...

2. Why my medic teammates didn't health me after I made orders to them?( This problam happenes a lot.)

I tried 0-0-9,but it still didn't work. So I delet them and bought new medic...

Can campus medic AI help me recover?

3. Wy the ammo support don't have sniper weapons bullits?

4. Is there any airplane or helo I can "drive" after I contral all the airport area?

5. I use F-18 aircraft MOD and some weapons MODs, and can I use them in your SP game? If yes, how do I do?

6. My construction truck sometimes "BOOM" by itself... Then I and my AI team all die...

7. I cannot use enemy's supporting truck. Only I can do is destroying it.

(I never successly used my supporting truck, and that was why I tried to use enemy's supporting truck.)

Thank you.

Thank you, :)

the air support should arrive after some delay to automatically engage targets near player, but sometimes may get shot down before reaching player. Buggy medics is probably random game issue, I will try to add sniper ammo for crates, not yet choppers or planes available for player, but definitely coming soon. Mods I need to add manually to be used in the mission, feel free to suggest addons that you would like to see (where can I find that F-18 addon?). Vehicles are sometimes placed badly when spawned or dropped, will see if there is way to improve that. I hope to get support trucks working soon, also will add those in places as captured airports.