SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Released SP version 1.0 that works with the new official patch. Have custom voices enabled back if downloaded outside of steam workshop. The almost identical mission in steam workshop also works with the new official patch.

Combined Change Log (from 0.99):

Change Log:

-New prestige value to buy support/gear/team-mates/vehicles from captured camps

-Local relationship values for civilian villages (bad news spread faster than good ones to other villages)

-Civilian relationship depend on civ casulties and nearby enemy losses (to be expanded later)

-Friendly villages have guarding civilians and possible special support for player (AA/AT-team, medic to be called via 5-1-1)

-New UI Elements for above stuff

-Added difficulty selection (alter prestige value rate, how fast enemy get new groups/how much enemy)

-Added ambient life amount selection (affects on performance)

-Enemy mortars can be disabled (including the task)

-Player can purchase mortar teams from captured camps (and use mortar fire via 0-8 menu)

-Player can purchase chopper transport from captured camps

-Minetruck can be purchased to make AI team-members to create minefields with simple "point ground and choose parameters"

-Added guardpost creating system

-Added WIP Outro

-New civilian conversation system (WIP)

-3 new dynamic tasks do to for civilians

-High Commanding Enabled

-Infantry is now parachuting from chopper

-Guards for captured zones is brought with chopper

-Included latest DAP First Aid Script

-Custom voices/noises set less loud

-Disabled vehicles, left on road, have barries spawned around it

-Gear/vehicle-parachutes are spawns lower

-Less deadly sealife/mortars (WIP)

-Gear Drop Crate have always AT/AA-launcher

-Player can bride village, set specialty for village, buy vehicles from villages

-Added more A3 music tracks

-Infanty parachuting now correctly from choppers

-Important performance tweaks

-Much other tweaks/fixes

Edited by SaOk

Released SP version 1.0 that works with the new official patch. Have custom voices enabled back if downloaded outside of steam workshop. The almost identical mission in steam workshop also works with the new official patch.

Combined Change Log (from 0.99):

Change Log:

-New prestige value to buy support/gear/team-mates/vehicles from captured camps

-Local relationship values for civilian villages (bad news spread faster than good ones to other villages)

-Civilian relationship depend on civ casulties and nearby enemy losses (to be expanded later)

-Friendly villages have guarding civilians and possible special support for player (AA/AT-team, medic to be called via 5-1-1)

-New UI Elements for above stuff

-Added difficulty selection (alter prestige value rate, how fast enemy get new groups/how much enemy)

-Added ambient life amount selection (affects on performance)

-Enemy mortars can be disabled (including the task)

-Player can purchase mortar teams from captured camps (and use mortar fire via 0-8 menu)

-Player can purchase chopper transport from captured camps

-Minetruck can be purchased to make AI team-members to create minefields with simple "point ground and choose parameters"

-Added guardpost creating system

-Added WIP Outro

-New civilian conversation system (WIP)

-3 new dynamic tasks do to for civilians

-High Commanding Enabled

-Infantry is now parachuting from chopper

-Guards for captured zones is brought with chopper

-Included latest DAP First Aid Script

-Custom voices/noises set less loud

-Disabled vehicles, left on road, have barries spawned around it

-Gear/vehicle-parachutes are spawns lower

-Less deadly sealife/mortars (WIP)

-Gear Drop Crate have always AT/AA-launcher

-Player can bride village, set specialty for village, buy vehicles from villages

-Added more A3 music tracks

-Infanty parachuting now correctly from choppers

-Important performance tweaks

-Much other tweaks/fixes

Holy moly, that is the biggest changelog I've ever seen for a mission ;)

Very nice mission, can you will add, hunger so we could eat goat :) and dog :)

Edited by Dalia

Thanks, I will see how the Altis mission will be. I may add hunger value for it as optional feature at some point. Planning to have camp creating and surviving elements in it. Eating could fit in it, but I need to make sure the features would not become annoying at the end.

It will be very cool, with you mission we can make manythings. Mission from village are great and other stuff too. I think you can remove the time prestige gain, it's easy with it.

You are right. I orginally added the time factor to replace missing tasks, I may lower it and at some point remove at least for higher difficulties. Currently adding the new UAV/UGV's in the mission.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

Released 1.05 SP version with new UAV/UGV vehicles, dropbox link. Works with any version of the game, but DEV-version is required to enable the new vehicles, goats and music track. Some tweaks too. Currently without custom voices. I continue testing and send then the new version also to armaholic with custom voices added back.

Change Log:

-UAVs and UGVs added if player is using DEV-version of the game (or once the content is in non-DEV-version)

-Goats and new music track also added (for DEV-version of the game)

-Some other tweaks and fixes

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Sorry, reuploaded the SP 1.05. Found one new error.

Edited by SaOk

New video:

Love this mission. You just never know what youre getting yourself into with all that chaos around you.

Played a couple of rounds earlier, and in my last game i suddenly had EVERYTHING attacking me. Was on my way to the airstation with my squad in a truck, got out and all of them just shot me down. Tried loading the savegame again, same thing. When i got away in the truck and made it back to lz connor... same situation, everything was hostile. Had invested like 1 hour into the game and everything worked perfectly well up to that point, kinda weird.

Great work anyways. This mission is will be EPIC on Altis, no doubt.

Thanks, :) are you sure you didnt accidentally drive over friendlies?

Reuploaded the dropbox link, not yet custom voices. You can now set insertion time, max fog and chat mode in start dialog and skip time anytime with new resting dialog (shift+3), friendly foot patrols and tiny camps again appear and there is some other tweaks.

99% sure. I had stopped before, like 300m down the road. Was there for like 5 minutes killing some enemies in the hills and my squad was out as well, no problems there. I have no idea what happened during those 300m, i didnt see anyone.

Hm. I'm on Dev-Branch with absolutely no mods and I get a prompt that I'm missing the downloadable content "A3_Static_F_Mk6" when I attempt to load the Dropbox release of the SP mission. Are there any dependencies that I might be missing? The OP suggests most of the optional content is designed to gracefully fail. (I believe that's the base game mortar class, though...)

I did successfully play this mission way back in early Alpha, but the new changes and drones support are interesting enough that I wanted to give it another go.

Edited by jtgibson

Anyone else having problems with Quadcopter-UAV?

I can buy it (after i find the UAV terminal in some crate) and it spawns in the air uncontrollable either directly or High Command.

Then ..i m giving order to a teammate to 'disassemble it' (because i dont have either this option) ..and while on ground (as backpack) -i m getting no option on 'connect terminal to UAV'

Any ideas? :/

I have to add that i m using new JSRS if that matters

jtgibson, have you checked the game files from steam? Sounds possible that there is some game file corrupted.

The Quadchopper-UAV can be used from UAV terminal view by right (or was it left) clicking the UAV symbol that is visible on the map. Same for the Ghosthawk UAV. I am using JSRS too, but havent yet tested possible conflict.

Thanks for replying so fast but..i don't get ANY option related on UAV or for UAV's terminal.

I got some errors 2 also

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss239/Ayger74/Public/107410_2013-08-18_00001_zps3cbe6930.png

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss239/Ayger74/Public/107410_2013-08-18_00002_zps91e9ede4.png

I just don't know.

Maybe should i restart the mission? :/

Anyone else having problems with Quadcopter-UAV?

I can buy it (after i find the UAV terminal in some crate) and it spawns in the air uncontrollable either directly or High Command.

Then ..i m giving order to a teammate to 'disassemble it' (because i dont have either this option) ..and while on ground (as backpack) -i m getting no option on 'connect terminal to UAV'

Any ideas? :/

I have to add that i m using new JSRS if that matters

Its not a problem with JSRS, you probably just made the same mistake as I did. You need to put your UAV terminal into your GPS slot. When you do, you should have a action menu prompt to "Open UAV Terminal". This then opens a map of Stratis, with all friendly UAV's displayed. All you have to do is right click on the UAV you want, hit "Connect to UAV terminal" and then you can control it either directly or remotely from the terminal.

You need to put your UAV terminal into your GPS slot.

You are probably my saver :)

Really thank you for that ;)

I should have asked that, it took time for me too before spotting the GPS slot. :)

Those errors seem to be from the game scripts.

Just curious -what is the minimum spawn radius of enemy patrols? I'm a stickler for scoping out an area before I move in and I feel cheated if an enemy spawns into an area I've already reconned ;)

jtgibson, have you checked the game files from steam? Sounds possible that there is some game file corrupted.

Problem partially exists between keyboard and chair, as it turns out. After verifying game cache which checked out fine, and a full reinstall, I found out that I had a version of Whole Lotta Stratis from April sitting in the MPMissions folder, which was what I was trying to launch. That explains the missing class error, since BIS did some refactoring of their classnames over the last few versions.

Just to clarify, though, the SP version goes in Missions and not MPMissions? It's not appearing in the Scenarios window -- I just get prompted for Steam Workshop, which I'm about as likely to use as a tampon.

[edit] Okay, this problem also exists between the keyboard and chair. Multiple Steamapps folders and I was digging around in the backup. Move along, nothing to see here...

Edited by jtgibson

the minimum spawn radius is 500m, but also there is the 500 radius marker spawned to player position every 40. second which gets smaller with walking speed. Patrols isnt spawned directly into the marker instead brought by land vehicle or chopper. That should make enemy not to appear often to places where player just had been. I may tweak those more and maybe those could depend on difficult level too.

Finally completed it, 2,5 hours, rating: 34220.

Left out a lot of side missions and had to save/load quite a lot. Those pesky mi48's when youre in a vehicle, death comes so quickly without you even noticing ;)

in5b.jpg

Hi-Res:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/382/zq21.jpg

New SP version 1.2 is avaiable in Dropbox link. I prepare soon (during this week) a version for armaholic with custom voices.

Change Log:

-New team-mate system with stats, and conditions affecting on invidual skills (Press Shift+4)

-Player can interact with team-mate's in multiple ways

-More units can be bought from camps

-Resting requires now nearby friendly camp

Edited by SaOk

Hi SaOk,

First up, thanks for the mission. I have not finished it yet because I keep jumping from Alpha to Beta to Dev builds as well as always grabbing the latest versions. I have a few queries.

1). Some boxes seem to be unable to be opened? ie the paradrop of weapons and one or two of the ammo crates at the captured camp.

2). When you call an ammo drop, the wind sometimes makes them land in the ocean or away from where you requested them. Would it be difficult to base the drop position on a calculation of windspeed and direction to make the drop point more accurate?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks again

Rough Knight

Hi,

for some reason the crates dont sometimes work. I see if I can do something for them (make them immortal to damage if I forgot earlier to add that command). The wind direction changes often making it difficult to count proper drop position. For some vehicles I will add marker where it landed. With Altis there will also be less shorelines nearby, which mostly will solve the problems.