SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

The new dev-version isnt working any good. I get blackscreen too and if I remove the code for it. Still the code for insertion dosent work. Better wait dev-update or return to basic game version.

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

I am working on update. Seems like there have just been some changes e.g. bis_fnc_init isnt there anymore (many scripts are waiting it before starting which also broke the start) and mistakes in spawned code display errors now. I will fix those.

New version 0.97 is here. Mission works now with the new DEV-version. Made much small tweaks and fixes into scripts and added some new features. I didnt yet fix the parachutes that may drop stuff into the sea.

Change Log:

-Pick Up drivers throw trash & stuff drop from back of the truck (WIP)

-New function to move stucked team-members

-Worst issues with the new DEV-version solved

-Many other tweaks & fixes

As known issues, unitcapture-fuction gives error in intro which seems to be gamebug. Also BIS_fnc_dirTo is giving error and there is some text-error, but not sure if those are caused by my scripts or not. Else mission seem to work good so far.

Edited by SaOk

New version 0.97 is here. Mission works now with the new DEV-version. Made much small tweaks and fixes into scripts and added some new features. I didnt yet fix the parachutes that may drop stuff into the sea.

Change Log:

-Pick Up drivers throw trash & stuff drop from back of the truck (WIP)

-New function to move stucked team-members

-Worst issues with the new DEV-version solved

-Many other tweaks & fixes

As known issues, unitcapture-fuction gives error in intro which seems to be gamebug. Also BIS_fnc_dirTo is giving error and there is some text-error, but not sure if those are caused by my scripts or not. Else mission seem to work good so far.

Thanks for listening to our suggestions! great update

"Pick Up drivers throw trash & stuff drop from back of the truck"

Glad to see you got that ingame, I haven't had the time to check it out yet but I will when I get home.

Did you sort out the vehicle part collision problem and fix the velocity?

When the vehicle moves over ~25km/h the dropped objects very rarely flip the car. I left bottle to be thrown at any speed which is still causing sometimes problems. I will tweak it for next version and disable (or make much more rare) it for vehicles player/player team is using.

Is there any way to disable seeing the error messages? I am getting a lot of them with the new version and they cover up part of the screen for a while, especially if there are a few in a row.

No, for some reason the game forces those on. I try to fix those errors unless its a game bug.

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

I reuploaded the SP version 0.97 (Drop-box link only). The errors should be gone now. Tested 0,5hour, after tweaks, without the waitUntil-error. And now also spotted what caused the dirTo-error. There was one faulty line for soldiers to sit at certain angle from fireplace. Also added trash to fly from the backside of pick up truck if its hit by another vehicle, ground or other obstacles. Only happens once per vehicle (unless player walks ~400m away and come back).

The errors were else harmless but displaying the error-messages.

Edited by SaOk

Starting on 0.96 I started getting lag but it was minor and went away, but 0.97 is unplayable for me. After being dropped off I start to get heavy stuttering which lasts 5 to 10 mins, and then I get minor stuttering for the next 20 or so mins. Usually by that time I've encountered some resistance, so I have to hide because it's impossible to engage when it's lagging. Anyone else getting this?

Also would it be possible to stop automatically sending reinforcements? When I delete my team, it sends them, which kinda defeats the purpose. Ideally I would like to be able to form a team, and the leave them at will, so I could choose how big a team I want for each task, or have none at all. If thats not possible, no worries. Given the lack of good sp missions, more options would allow for more replay-ability, because as of now, this mission is really the only sandbox style mission available. Thanks for all the hard work!

What ever happened to the vehicle near the initial rendezvous? Walking around trying to find a pickup is pretty tedious.

Did you try the re-uploaded 0.97 from dropbox link? With the remaining errors fixed, it feel bit more smooth. I will rework the reinforcements-part at somepoint, at least for Altis mission. There could be more choices. Maybe player could get wanted members from bigger camps and more rookie troops if he is using some kind of signal on battlefield.

The pickup is placed near the first contact, but for certain locations the used findEmptyPosition-command places it poorly. I rework it too.

Cool, thanks for letting me know of the article. :)

Thanks, :)

as sitrep I began to work on the spawning more - invisible 400 or 500m marker is now created every 10 or 20. second to players position and it gets smaller with walk speed. Patrols (and maybe other things) cant be directly spawned into those areas, but could be brought with truck or chopper instead. Units for bigger camps I try to make arrive with vehicles too.

Sure, I will try to add them for next version.

New SP version 0.98 is available. The new trucks moving infantry patrols have changed the gameplay quite much. Let me know if the mission is too deadly now or you spot other issues. As difficulty lowering addition, I removed the few vehicle patrol zones also to free performance for the trucks. Trash function for pick-up is now disabled if player is using the vehicle. Didnt yet fix the random vehicle/crate-drop issue. All error messages should be now gone (already in the earlier re-uploaded 0.97).

Change Log:

-Trash may burst from back of the pickup when hitting the car to obstacle

-Infantry patrols may be brought by truck

-Enemy infantry is brought more often with vehicle to battle

-New dynamic blacklisting for enemy spawning for locations player have just been

-New possible location for first contact (also pick-up spawning positions tweaked for all)

-"MK18 Pack [bETA]" by ardvarkdb added as optional addon

-Unneeded vehicle patrol zones removed

-Other tweaks/fixes/additions

First things first, thanks Sa0k for this splendid and immersive map. I'm enjoying it a lot! One of my favourite missions so far!

Now, i would like to ask you some questions: First, i've taken LZ Connor with the help of the locals, but they sounded the alarm. The problem is, the alarm doesn't stop sounding! Even if LZ Connor is totally occupied by my allied forces, the alarm still goes on and on. Is it as intended, or is there any way to turn it off? It's quite annoying.

Second, i've just realised that you have just released a new version of the mission. I assume it's not savegame compatible, is it? I'd like to give it a try, but i don't want to start all over again. i want to at least finish it once, and that's not gonna happen anytime soon, as i like to take my time to get to the objectives.

Anyway, thanks again for your work, i hope to see more of your missions around :)

I also got the never ending alarm today and currently I dont know why it happens. I try to fix it for next version, at least its not leaking performance (since there is only 1 for each camp) but I agree its annoying.

Savegames probably arent compatible.

And sorry, I reuploaded the new SP version 0.98. I had those truck transported patrol groups marked as patrol groups only when they arrived to destination, making the core script over-spawn patrolling teams. Fixed that with new timer - only 4 patrol teams can be created per 10 minutes.

Edit: Changed it to 200 + random 200 seconds.

Edited by SaOk

Thanks for the update.

Is it just on my end or does team member # 2 never start with a silencer? I've seen him have one in prior versions but for the last few he never does when we get to the island. All the rest do. I've tried multiple restarts and still no silencer. I use the dev branch and have no addons/mods running, not even cba

My number 2 doesn't have a silencer. Not much of a concern, though, as you will find them on huge numbers. But i've noticed, shouldn't the team leader (me) start with a rifle with an underbarrel grenade launcher? Mostly because of the secondary mission where you are required to fire a green flare. I know i can take a Katiba "borrowed" but... :P

I will add the silencer for next version.

New COOP version 0.80 is available with important tweaks. Mission should be much less demanding now for the server. I had to disable the revive system for now until norrin updates the script.

Change Log:

-Mission should be much less demanding for server now

-New respawn location (LZ Connor)

-Team-leaders are able to call gear drops

-Many functions/scenery from SP version of the mission added (fortresses, vehicle parachutes, infantry patrol brought with truck...)

-Revive system by norrin currently disabled (Will put it back once new version is out)

-Many other tweaks/fixes/additions

Let me know how this version works.

Edited by SaOk