SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

72xp.jpg

New SP version 0.96 is here. Mission should be little bit easier now. You can call gear drop anytime (disabled for some time after each use, as the other support). The received US vehicles after capturing LZ Connor are now random. Much important fixes too. I hope the most bad stuttering is gone. I had to remove LOS check for certain spawning. I will rework it at some point, but smoothness is more important.

Change Log:

-Improved/expanded new intro

-New captureable placed houses/random houses on map with military camps/fireplaces/crates inside

-Added supply/vehicle parachute-drops

-New radio function to call gear drop

-Dropped vehicles now random in vehicle drop task

-Added birds and insects flying over dead bodies

-Included Briefing improvements by Khemitude (thank you)

-AI skill tweaks (random more human aimingaccuracy, aimingShake, aimingSpeed, spotDistance, spotTime for each soldier)

-Performance tweaks

-Savedgames should now always work (I had forgotten old Ka50 classname to break savedgames near airport)

-Commanche wreck task works again

-Other tweaks & fixes (inc. another harmless loadgame errors fixed)

The AI mortars are very accurate, once moving from LZ Connor I suggest not to stop on the way if you are using vehicle or you will not survive. :) That small journey part is the most deadly one if played uncarefully.

Edit: Thx, Niko My Cuzin. I tweaked the reinforcements to have check if their vehicle transport is stucked. But they can still die if there is deadly enemies on their way. I will try to tweak that for next version.

Edit 2: Thanks and welcome to the forums, trblmkr (your post became visible with big delay). The loading errors should be gone in 0.96 now (or much more rare). Good you mentioned stucked units. I forgot to add a radio function to unstuck them (which I had in many A2 missions). AI member get stucked more rarely in A3, but also happened for me once. I will add the function for next version.

Edit 3: There is a scripting command (selectBestPlaces) that could be improved, in order to reduce stuttering/making spawning outside player's eyes easier. Made a ticket for it to vote: :)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11185

Edited by SaOk

I have no scripts preventing that. They seem to fire faster if you move order them to good position and give the vehicle as target for them.

I have no scripts preventing that. They seem to fire faster if you move order them to good position and give the vehicle as target for them.

Okay thanks for the tip!! your mission is awesome btw!

EDIT: I tried to do the Commanche Task.

I am already beside the crash site underwater with my team, The mission won't advance

Edited by lyndonguitar

i've noticed a strange, annoying bug, that keep mee out from playing this wonderful mission, after i save the game, quit and reload it - sounds of enviroment and cicada are mute, this make me so sad, because i hate silence, and really love ambient sounds here (and everywhere).

Thanks and sorry, I had forgotten to update the classname in the script to set the task completed. Anyway there isnt yet proper tasks after finding the wreck.

Missing sounds sounds like a game bug.

Another bug, the two US vehicle drops for the player early has a high chance of dropping into nearby waters

Also there is currently typo in classlist for the dropped vehicles, sometimes only 1 or 0 vehicles is dropped. It will be fixed in next version. I will also lower the drop height. Maybe it could depend on windspeed.

Edited by SaOk

I have a question, Are gear drops infinite? and do they fill up the map if you use them excessively or older drops get deleted??

Currently those are infinite, but I could add removal. Maybe player could have 5 crates at max. After that the oldest crate would be deleted when getting new one. I btw fixed the marker for next version. Currently its positioned around the drop position, but wind can take the crate far. The marker will be created after landing.

This mission really is so damn fun.

I'm playing the new SP version but the armed civilian patrols don't seem to be fighting the opfor patrols. They just walk right past each other. Is it supposed to be like that? IIRC they used to fight each other the second I landed. Also one of my teammates sometimes doesn't have a silencer. It seems to be random though because I've had all members start out with silencers when I've restarted. Tried to restart 6 times and 2 twice one of my guys didn't have a silencer when we landed on the island.

Correction: It seems some armed civ patrols do engage the enemy. Now I've seen a few instances where some groups engage but others walk right by the enemy in the same mission

Edited by Manzilla

Sa0k, I'm having a blast it the SP too :) Thanks

Noticed after opfor recaptured mike26 from me and I battle to take back, their cars immediately re-spawn every time I destroy one.

Thanks, :) I may have set spotting distance/time too low. Going to increase the min and max values some bit for next version. Player team have searchlamps added, else the gear should be default. Mission have currently old car spawning scripts running for some camps (includuing mike26). I will rework those too.

Thanks, :) I may have set spotting distance/time too low. Going to increase the min and max values some bit for next version. Player team have searchlamps added, else the gear should be default. Mission have currently old car spawning scripts running for some camps (includuing mike26). I will rework those too.

0.96 is much better SaOk! Not being mauled by Ifrits now. But I find some of my squad guys just get stuck, and ignore all formation and move commands, they just stand around like fools :)

PS - I am also RANDOMLY blowing up in my Ifrit which I acquired, and it's really really annoying!

Edited by NIKO MY CUZIN

NIKO,

That getting stuck thing has been happening for me randomly in pretty much every mission I've DL'd and made. It seems to be happening a bit more in the beta though. Sometimes they become unstuck if you order them to go prone then kneel. But sometimes that wont fix it. It's one of the reasons I've made all my A3 SP missions have team switch. Switching to the stuck member and walking and changing stances usually fixes it, temporarily. I've been meaning to report this to BI but I can never replicate it, just seems random.

I have some few suggestions to make the mission more awesome,

A currency and reward system when completing missions, you can buy gear, recruit new squad mates, buy vehicles, request support, initiate a friendly AI attack on an enemy base, etc

More Random short missions/tasks. that could appear on map, like crashed pilots need extraction, officers need rescuing, hidden enemy camp, etc

Request Helicopter Evac and Drop off :)

EDIT: I have a getting stuck bug too and it sucks, The reason I play more multiplayer lately, I wish the devs fix it!

SaOK, maybe you can include team switching? So it's also easier to equip my squad mates :)

I am really loving your Mission and its the only reason i am always playing Arma 3

Edited by lyndonguitar

The easiest way to get rid of stuck units is using the Radio command Soak added that deletes units in your squad

The easiest way to get rid of stuck units is using the Radio command Soak added that deletes units in your squad

Yeah but they don't come back. I wouldn't like that :)

Yeah but they don't come back. I wouldn't like that :)

fair enough, however once you get "Kyfi Bay" (?) you get reinforcements by air and sea, so you're never really on your own unless they never rock up. Like Soak said, they seem to get stuck sometimes but after a couple tries they do make it eventually.

The reinforcements by sea don't work so well. I've watched them park far off the bay and they jump out and swim to shore. it can take quite a while for them to reach you. Especially with enemy ship patrols.

the level is much easier now after the latest update, not too many vehicles spawning anymore. This also helps reinforcements reach you before they get shot out of the air.

fair enough, however once you get "Kyfi Bay" (?) you get reinforcements by air and sea, so you're never really on your own unless they never rock up. Like Soak said, they seem to get stuck sometimes but after a couple tries they do make it eventually.

I am very much past that, the reason I dislike the "delete player in squad feature" as a workaround the bug is not because of difficulty, I have no problems with reinforcements, I can very much take a whole base even with only 4 AI in my squad and no friendlies to help me as long as I have 2 AT guys.

It's because of continuity and realism, In one of my games I am very careful enough that I got to around 10 guys in my squad, Which is awesome to command and play, You feel like a real leader, everyone has different roles assigned to them.

If I delete 1 guy due to an annoying bug, no one replaces that guy. Reinforcements come in if you have 3 guys remaining and 4 only come then, so a maximum of 7 only if you play carelessly. Yeah you have other friendlies on the map going around their business, but nothing's better than having your own 10 guy squad to command and getting attached to each and every one of them.

I dunno if it's possible, but if SaOK can include team switching to squad mates I would be very happy :)

Edited by lyndonguitar

I'm sure this has already been talked about in this thread, but trying to find it in the 43 pages of posts here was a bit daunting. So my apologies for bringing this up again if it has already been addressed...

The other night when I was playing the SP scenario, I got to the part where I had just taken out the mortar team & was taking over the camp just north of LZ Conner (I can't remember then name of the camp right now...sorry). OPFOR was counter-attacking & I was trying to defend the camp when my FPS dropped down to 5 frames/second. I hoped it was only temporary, but the problem stayed and I had to restart the whole scenario from scratch.

I see you put in your latest notes the following:

"Else very awesome Blastcore may cause heavy suddent FPS loss after 1-1,5h playing. Avoid playing the mission with the current version of the mod."

This is definitely the problem I had. The reason for this post is that I'm not totally sure what 'Blastcore' is. Is that the name of a mission? Is it the one that I am talking about?...or maybe it happened to me at a different part of the scenario?

At any rate, this is definitely my favorite scenario that I've played in Arma 3. Very well done. I think I'm going to DL the MP version tonight & play it with a friend.

Thanks!

Thanks, :)

that note is an old trace from my ArmA2 mission where I believed that mod caused slowdown (which wasnt still very clear - only seemed to make it happen earlier/more often). Armaholic copied mission page template for this mission and that was left there. I havent yet got the slowdown in A3, but someone also reported game freezing momentarily (for 1-2minutes) after AI chopper had landed to unload soldiers. I hope that the slowdown is just some rare game bug, but I keep my eyes open. Lately I have played the mission twice trought, both without performance loss (except the town part is little heavier).

Edit: Both dev-and basic version should work, but currently the basic version may be missing cargo parachutes.

Edit 2: Currently trieing to add civilian drivers to throw randomly trash from cars. Small objects would also drop form back of the car. But there is some conflict in physics:

Made a ticket to vote:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11289

Edited by SaOk

When I start the mission (0.96) the intro plays just fine then I get a few script errors and just a black screen. Nothing ever happens, just the sound of crickets in the background. I am using the most recent development build 0.73.107502.