SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

The "wait 1 hour" is a option which you can activate by approaching certain campfires, which will skip ingame time by 1 hour, not an objective ;). I also suggest that as soon as you have taken the LZ, you should quickly look through the caches for supplies. After that, find a vehicle and keep the speed up until you've reached the mortars. They can be pretty damn accurate.

Thanks, :) the game have very deadly AI as default. I lowered the aiming accuraty, but still AI spot you very easily. I will tweak AI skills more, maybe the game also will have lower AI skills as default at some point. AI sees way too good. The "wait 1 hour" is an optional function near fireplace to skip time so player can continue the scenario with daylight if wanted. The mortars always shoot at the camp at that point but it only requises to move away from the camp center to stay alive. But I may tweak that part too.

Edit: Slow me. :)

Edited by SaOk

Oh:o..my mistake. I always think that i had to wait one hour....in fact i have to resupply and leave the LZ zone quickly.

@runekn and Saok

thanks!!!!

Hey SaOK, just logging in to say I love the mission.

It's top class. I will be recommending it to friends. I can't wait to see any future improvements!

Keep up the great work!!!

Thank you :), I keep working on this at least until Altis arrives.

Hello there

It is a superb mission, a few too many dogs running around, Stratis needs a cull.

I use ASR_AI with it and that makes the AI a joy to play against. The only thing I dislike is my AI squadmates just behaving in a daft manner but that's part of the Arma experience :)

Superb mission. Bloody hectic.

Rgds

LoK

Superb mission. Bloody hectic.

Rgds

LoK

I noticed the mission capabilities early upon release. (IMHO, it would be better as the "Night Showcase"). Sorry to whom ever.

One new issue; why is it that friendly helicopters are immortal?

Today when some reinforcements were coming, a helicopter was shot at by the enemy yet it didn't blow up, it still landed, dropped off the crew then flew away again.

Another time a helicopter brought friendly AI, didn't land, and just hovered there indefinitely. I tried shooting it down myself so that reinforcements could arrive in another chopper, but not even I could blow it up

I have however, noticed that they can die as one crashed into the side of a hill. It seems that missiles don't affect them though.

Thanks

Thanks,

the smaller transport choppers rarely reached the alive LZ so I switched them to be immortal, but I will try to improve that. The new choppers may survive from small arms fire. I could add sidequests for player to take down AA-soldiers. Going to check again also why the choppers dosent always land.

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

btw. Comanche task is currently broken - classname for the wreck was changed for beta. There is no currently wreck to be found. Fixed it for next version (0.96, to be released ~next week).

Edited by SaOk

[/color]btw. Comanche task is currently broken - classname for the wreck was changed for beta. There is no currently wreck to be found. Fixed it for next version (0.96, to be released ~next week).

Glad I read this post, I've near lost my mind looking for it. Loving the mission so far, very impressed by the atmosphere and dynamic environment. Keep up the great work! :ok:

Thanks (and sorry for the missing wreck - I should have checked it earlier after beta update),

returned to work on cutscenes. Intro almost done, next I should begin working on outro and possible in mission cutscenes and add some storyline.

...add some storyline.

Adding story related text to the intro cutscene would be very nice. I don't know your plans with it, but some scenes really look like they are prepapared for adding some text.

I have edited the briefing.sqf to make it sound better in English and also to fix any spelling mistakes; Below is what I changed in it, if you want to include it with the mission feel free to add it in.

// tasks

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"task0", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["In order to gain control of the island, you will need to capture the important strategic zones - Air Station Mike 26, Stratis Air Base, Camp Rogain and Camp Maxwell. There are also other marked zones but only the main four are required for victory.", "Primary Target: Capture the Island", "Primary Target: Capture the Island"], // Task description

//position myNuke1, // Task destination

false // true to set task as current upon creation

] call BIS_fnc_taskCreate;

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"task1", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["Your first objective is to reach the island.", "Step #1: Reach the Island", "Step #1: Reach the Island"], // Task description

//getmarkerpos "LandM", // Task destination

true // true to set task as current upon creation

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"task2", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["After reaching the island, find our contact; Lieutenant Smith. The contact will explain the next part of your mission", "Step #2: Find the Contact", "Step #2: Find the Contact"], // Task description

//getmarkerpos "LandM2", // Task destination

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"taskGreen1", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["The Greeks have requested our help to enter the island as there is a military antenna covering the area. Take down military antenna near LZ Connor so the Greeks can launch an assault from the sea", "Optional: Destroy antenna near LZ Connor", "Optional: Destroy antenna near LZ Connor"], // Task description

getmarkerpos "AntM1", // Task destination

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"taskGreen2", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["Another military antenna is believed to be somewhere between Camp Maxwell and the village of Girna. If you take the antenna down, the Greeks will provide you with extra support", "Optional: Find and destroy antenna near Camp Maxwell", "Optional: Find and destroy antenna near Camp Maxwell"], // Task description

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"taskGreen3", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["Third military antenna is believed to be South West from Mike-26. If you take the antenna down, the Greeks will provide you with extra support", "Optional: Find and destroy antenna near Mike-26", "Optional: Find and destroy antenna near Mike-26"], // Task description

//BIS_fnc_taskSetDestination

//task1 = player createSimpleTask ["Find the Journal"];

//task1 setSimpleTaskDescription ["Primary task is to find and destroy the missing journal. The location of the journal can be found out by co-operating with the locals, NAPA and CDF forces", "Find the Journal", "Find the Journal"];

// diary entries

//_log_arty = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["How to Call Air-strikes/Artillery","These options are available via 0-8-X. To hit a moving target by air-strike, you need to follow it with laser-marker on. For static targets, you dont need lasermarker. Pointing a map location or a position in 3D mode is enough. Always point first then use the call."]];

//_log_Minefield = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["How to Change HC Group Behaviour","On default, High Command groups can issue attack commands to the soldiers in group. To order HC groups to keep their team members close together, Press 0-0-7. To cancel the order press it again. Created HC groups automatically follow the latest order"]];

//_log_Minefield = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["How to Build/Remove Minefields","To build minefield follow these few simple steps: <br/>- Press 0-0-5 and choose an ideal place for minefield by clicking map<br/>- Make sure that ammo-truck is under 250m away from minefield marker<br/>- Choose groupmember(s) for minefield creating and press 0-0-4. If radio-command is used without choosing, then the last group-member is sent for job<br/>- Choose preferred parameters in dialogue and press ""Accept""<br/><br/>Note: <br/>- Minefield builders are returned to your group after job is done <br/>- Unresponsive units are also returned after timeout<br/>- Minefield marker can be replaced anytime, minefields that are under construction follow always their orginal plan<br/>- To remove minefields, drive ammo-truck under 50m away from mines and press 0-0-6"]];

//_log_Group = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["How to Manage High Command Groups","You are able to create High Command group(s) of selected units via 0-0-2. Note that you need do be in command view (numpad Del) to do it. To return High Command group(s) to your group, select them via Crtl-Space and press 0-0-3"]];

//_log_construction = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Instructions for Construction Truck","You can build defences with the repair truck.<br/><br/>Notes: <br/>- You are able to move the construction zone with the truck where you want<br/>- Use action menu near the truck to enter the construction view<br/>- You can remove built objects from construction view by DEL-key<br/>- Resources are fully returned but with 1 minute delay<br/>- Static weapons come with AI gunner"]];

//_log_deleteunit = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Guide: Release Stuck Units","If the team-member(s) begin to act silly are immovable, select him or them (with F1..F10) and press 0-0-7. Repeat the process until the issue is fixed. If it dosent help, use 0-0-8 instead."]];

_log_deleteunit = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Guide: Delete Selected Units","If you want to get rid of unwanted team-member(s), select him or them (with F1..F10) and press 0-0-8. Note that deleted units cannot rejoin your group anymore"]];

//_log_chopperT = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Chopper Transport","You can call chopper pick up anytime by pressing 0-0-9. Once the chopper is approaching it will land closer if you use smoke-grenade. You are only allowed to give waypoints for the chopper once you are in the chopper and all your team-members are in any vehicle. For some cases, you may need to use team-member deleting functions 0-0-8"]];

//_log_medicpacks = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Medic Packs","You can carry 8 medic-packs at a time and use them by pressing 0-0-0. To resupply, rest at fireplace in US camp"]];

//_log_Commanding = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Commanding","Optional: You have able to command nearby friendly western groups that have more than 1 team-member that haven't assigned to defend any location. Enter the commanding UI via Ctrl+Space, exit it with the same combination"]];

//_log_russians = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Car Bombers","Ugly but true, any civilian car that you may face, could have bomb in it. Avoid getting close of the civilian cars as good you can"]];

_log_rest = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Rest at Camp-fire","You are able to skip time (via action) at the camp-fire once capturing LZ Connor as base-camp"]];

_log_rest = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Support","Air and Land support can be called via radio channels Charlie and Delta once its safe to use them. Nearby friendlies may also come to help you if you throw smoke"]];

_log_area = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Area Information","There are civilians living on the island. They share the villages with resistance soldiers, do your best to protect the locals without compromising the operation"]];

_log_briefing = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Briefing","Operation will begin from insertion point at 014013 on Friday Jul 6 at 0:01am. Once your team has landed, your first task is to meet the resistance leader, Lieutenant Smith, before capturing LZ Connor for your base-camp. Once captured you will be given further objectives. As the mission progress more men and gear will be given."]];

_log_situation = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Situation","To gain control of Mediterranean Sea, the Persian army has launched a sudden large scale assault into Stratis in order to establish a new air base to dominate the area. After loosing one of our Comanche helicopters during a recon-mission, we are are hesitant to launch a large scale assault on the island without damaging Persian defences. We have been supporting the local resistance by covertly shipping weaponry. Our contact on the island indicates that the resistance is ready to launch an assault on the Persian army. Your Special Forces-team; call-sign Wolf, is being sent to the island to organise and lead the resistance against the Persian army and secure the island for large scale Greek assault"]];

//<marker name='USBM1'>our camp</marker>

Thank you very much, :) I will use it. And welcome to the forums.

Thank you very much, :) I will use it. And welcome to the forums.

Thanks appreciate it. I'd also be willing to do the same for the text that comes up when talking to the resistence and such but I'd need to know which files I'm looking for the briefing was easy enough to find but had a look and couldn't figure out the others.

The lines are in stringtable.csv, but there is also some unused text from my old missions. Task are in events\maintasks.sqf. Here are those all gathered. I may do some small changes to fit possible new tasks/dialog into the mission.

STR_Sp1s0r1,"Wolf to Base, we are closing the shore. No sight of enemy movement yet. Over"

STR_Sp1s0r1c,"Wolf to Base, we are approaching the island. No sight of enemy movement yet. Over"

STR_Sp1s0r2,"Understood, Wolf. Proceed and keep your eyes open. Out"

STR_Sp1s0r2c,"Understood, Wolf. Be carefull when getting out of the chopper. Out"

STR_Sp1s0r3,"Wolf to Base, we have landed succesfully and looking for the contact. Over"

STR_Sp1s0r4,"Be extra carefull, Wolf. Dont walk into ambush there. Out"

STR_Sp1s0r4c,"Understood, Wolf. Proceed with caution. Out"

STR_Sp1s0r5,"Wolf to Base, we going to join forces with locals in order to take LZ Connor for us to set up a basecamp. Over"

STR_Sp1s0r6,"Understood, Wolf. Keep us informed of the progress. Good Luck. Out"

STR_Sp1s0r7,"Wolf to Base, operation is going as planned - LZ Connor is ours. Over"

STR_Sp1s0r8,"Good work, there. Out"

STR_Sp1s0v1,"Smith: Dont shoot, its me - Smith!"

STR_Sp1s0v2,"Yourself: Okey, okey. Keep your voice down or we will be sitting ducks soon. What is the situation here?"

STR_Sp1s0v3,"Smith: We have been arming ourselves, thanks to your smuggled weapon shipments. We have kept low profile, but now ready to strike against the persians with you"

STR_Sp1s0v4,"Smith: One of our teams is waiting at Agios Cephas near LZ Connor. As planned before, we should take it now before enemy knows about us"

STR_Sp1s0v4b,"Smith: One of our teams is waiting at Agios Loannis near LZ Connor. As planned before, we should take it now before enemy knows about us"

STR_Sp1s0v5,"Yourself: I agree - LZ Connor will be vital for success. We will proceed with that plan."

STR_Sp1s0v6,"Local Leader: Oh hey, you are the american team we have been waiting for?"

STR_Sp1s0v7,"Yourself: 10-4, we met mr. Smith already. Are you ready for proper action at LZ Connor?"

STR_Sp1s0v8,"Local Leader: Yes, finally some action."

STR_Sp1s0v9,"Local Leader: Okay, men. Lets scare the persians away from that camp!"

STR_Sp1s0v10,"Local Soldier: Hello american, our leader is in the other house"

STR_Sp1s0v11,"Yourself: MORTAR FIRE! PULL BACK FAST!"

STR_Sp1s0r9,"Wolf to Fox, we have got the mortars undamaged. Over"

STR_Sp1s0r10,"Great news, Wolf. I am sending men to move those mortars to our camp. Out"

STR_Sp1s0r11,"Base to Wolf. We are ready to bring a weapon shipment to the island via Strogos Bay when there is night covering our ships. Out"

STR_Sp1s0r12,"Base to Wolf. We brought two vehicles for you via air. Those are waiting you at the Spartan. Out"

STR_Sp1s0r13,"Wolf to Base. We would the Commanche wreck, but no sight of the pilots. Over"

STR_Sp1s0r14,"Understood, Wolf. They could have been floating away unless survived and hiding or being as prisoners somewhere. Keep your eyes open for the pilots while operating on the island. Out"

STR_Sp1s0r15,"Wolf, there is diving gear in the crates and I have a new optional assigment for you. Read the sent data. Out"

Section [Air Support]

STR_Sp1s1r1,"Wolf to Base, things are getting hot here. We would need air support. Over"

STR_Sp1s1r2,"Understood, Wolf. I am sending team to your way ETA few minutes. Out"

STR_Sp1s1r3,"Eagle to Wolf. Hold your hats, we are entering the AO. Over"

STR_Sp1s1r4,"Eagle to Wolf. We need to pull back to base. Good luck there. Over"

STR_Sp1s1r5,"Wolf to Base, we are in trouble. Any heavy land support available? Over"

STR_Sp1s1r6,"Desert Rat to Wolf. We are entering the AO. Over"

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"task3", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["Our first objective will be to set up a camp at LZ Connor, but we need local help to capture it. We are going to meet up with the hiding armed locals at Agios Cephas", "Meet Locals at Agios Cephas", "Meet Locals at Agios Cephas"], // Task description

getmarkerpos "JoinM", // Task destination

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"task3", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["Our first objective will be to set up a camp at LZ Connor, but we need local help to capture it. We are going to meet up with the hiding armed locals at Agios Loannis", "Meet Locals at Agios Loannis", "Meet Locals at Agios Loannis"], // Task description

getmarkerpos "JoinM", // Task destination

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"task4", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["Its time to advance into LZ Connor and capture it for our use", "Capture LZ Connor with Local Help", "Capture LZ Connor with Local Help"], // Task description

getmarkerpos "CaptureM", // Task destination

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"task6", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["Our camp is under heavy mortar rain. Iranians are bombarding us from somewhere near of Camp Maxwell. Disable the mortars, but if possible keep those functional to form local mortar team", "Disable Enemy Mortar", "Disable Enemy Mortar"], // Task description

[3211.99,2828.48,0], // Task destination

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"task5", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["Our ships will bring more gear for the locals if you give us a green signal flare near Strogos Bay at night time (between 9:00pm and 3:30am). On day light our boats would be easy target", "Secondary: Receive Gear Shipment", "Secondary: Receive Gear Shipment"], // Task description

[2149.29,1888.85,0], // Task destination

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"task9", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["One of our commanches was shot down in recon operation near the Stratis. We have located the vessel to be about 1km to SE from Camp Tempest. Your task would be to bring the possible located KIA pilots to extraction on island. Find the wreck and report to us", "Optional: Find Commanche Wreck", "Optional: Find Commanche Wreck"], // Task description

getmarkerpos "CrashSiteM", // Task destination

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"task10", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["Keep your eyes open for the pilot(s) to be found on the island", "Optional: Find the MIA Pilots", "Optional: Find the MIA Pilots"], // Task description

//getmarkerpos "CrashSiteM", // Task destination

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"task7", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["Two US vehicles have been dropped over the Spartan. Use the vehicles as you prefer in the operation", "Secondary: Receive Vehicle Drop", "Secondary: Receive Vehicle Drop"], // Task description

[2628.52,609.109,0], // Task destination

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"task8", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["Iranian shipyard in Kyfi Bay is blocking our boats to enter the AO. If you take that site down, I can dispatch US reinforcements via air for your team when needed", "Secondary: Capture Kyfi Bay", "Secondary: Capture Kyfi Bay"], // Task description

getmarkerpos "Zone8", // Task destination

[

player, // Task owner(s)

"task11", // Task ID (used when setting task state, destination or description later)

["We will send our vehicle patrols on the island once Camp Maxwell and Mike-26 are secured", "Secondary: To Get US Vehicle Support", "Secondary: To Get US Vehicle Support"], // Task description

// Task destination

New COOP version 0.70 is available. This is the old bigger MP mission. I will convert the SP mission to smaller COOP at somepoint.

Change Log:

-Added Beta content (Playable units are blufor or green army)

-Norrin revive updated to latest version

-DAP first aid scripts is now enabled for enemies only

-Added animals

-Added alarms

-More vehicles

-New AI functions

-Other tweaks/fixes

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Sorry, just re-uploaded the file. There was one invisible error.

New COOP version 0.71 is here with much important fixes/tweaks.

Edit: Progress in SP version - adding random enemy camps in houses including fireplaces. Should add some crates/weapons too next.

72xp.jpg

ua20.jpg

Edited by SaOk

SaOK - I love the CoOp mission, but I'd like to disable the AI players. The only way I see to do that is to de-pbo it, changes the description.ext, then re-pbo it. Then it dies when I spawn in with a config file it can't find from my lack of pbo skills. My question is - is there a way to disable the AI players without having to do any pbo manipulations?

Thanks

Pojo2k8 [Moose]

Is there no option to do this just before you start the mission or has this been left out in the description.ext?

Thanks for this wonderful/addictive scenario SaOk :bounce3:

Had some great fun, love the dynamic part of it.

Thanks you both, :)

yes - you should be able to disable AI when choosing your playable character (before starting the mission). There is small symbol after each character which removes the AI and make the "box" look grey.

I will try to add more and more smaller and bigger dynamic stuff slowly in as those could to my mind. Still much to work on. The next version seems to be easier to play. The custom skills for spotDistance and spotTime seem to have big effect. But I could add chooseable difficult settings too at somepoint.

Edit: Supply parachutes are coming.

7od4.jpg

sfju.jpg

ht4g.jpg

Edited by SaOk

I just want to say thank you for one of the best Arma experiences I've had. I played Arma 2 for several hundred hours and have played the Alpha for Arma 3 a bunch, and I finally beat the SP Whole Lotta Stratis mission last week - it was awesome, I lost between 40 and 50 guys and I killed a little over 100; it took me 12 hours to finish it. I signed up just to thank you for Whole Lotta Stratis SP.

I am currently trying out 0.94 and having a blast. I haven't looked back through the posts here too much to see if there is a solution but I keep having error messages on loading sometimes - it doesn't seem to affect much though. I also occasionally have some of my guys get stuck in one place and they won't follow me. I just blast them in the head with my pistol but I feel a little bad about it sometimes :). I did see something about medics not treating other team members - this happened to me a few times as well. Figured I would let you know some of the small issues I ran into.

Again, thank you very much! This is an awesome mission. If there is anything specific you want feedback about let me know.

Hi SaOK,

Love the mission so far, I am playing the SP edition, but I am finding it too hard. Am I doing something wrong? My squad always gets killed by the roaming Ifrits, and the reinforcements never arrive (due to being mowed down by multiple Ifrits). My AI guys never use their AT weapons and the game always ends up with me surrounded by enemies in the first camp you have to capture, and 9 times out of 10 the mortars get me. Shouldn't more random friendly units start spawning? A friendly helicopter would be a blessing when i'm cowering from enemy soldiers and APCS! :)

Helicopters are unlocked when you capture Camp Tempest. I was lucky to find a fully functional Marid at the first LZ you attack. It made the rest of the mission a whole lot easier.