SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

So, you went back from boat insertion to land insertion? I remember the first set of DWM mission at this location. Then your later versions had boat insertion. Now back to this town insertion.

I'm I mixing this with "Whole lot of Stratis"? How are they different? I mean the SP mode.....

SP version should have boat insertion. COOP version have land insertion in the middle of the map. :confused: Going to check if I have mixed with files.

Hi SaOk, not sure if it's a feature or not but after taking LZ Connor I tried scavenging about for backpacks for me and my squad. I found a few, got all kitted up and restocked then saved it there. Next thing I got hit by mortar so reloaded and all the backpacks and contents my squad had disappeared. I tried this a few times with the same results of missing packs. Wondered if it might be a case were the squad can't use a backpack till after a green flare had been fired at the shore for the secondary mission or if it's just a bug?

Cheers.......MadJock

That sounds like a game bug. :) I dont have any code running for backpacks.

In that case I hope I don't have to start again :( Backpacks are mighty handy.

Cheers.......MadJock

Hi Sa0k

With the latest Alpha release and co-op v.62.7z, I'm getting the following error pop-up every few minutes:

'...ray set [(count _array -1),-1];

_array |#|call_orders;

};

while {true} do

{

wait...'

Error Generic error in expression

file mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\ZonekillerInit.sqf, line 12

There should be space between call and _orders which I have in my files. :S Have you edited the mission? I will check the issue soon myself too. Few days ago I didnt spot that error (still not sure if dedicated server had error messages on).

You need to add autosave every time a campfire is used because right now for me it's simply impossible to capture even the first LZ and when I die I have to restart from before taking that LZ. It's annoying.

Considering that I also have to fight Ifrit GMG there.

Edit: after capturing this LZ for 10th time I got a "destroy enemy mortar" task and only 5 seconds later those mortars killed all of us in the base with a deadly precision. Couldn't even react.

So now I have to capture first LZ again...

Playing this is impossible at the moment. You gotta add the autosave after LZ is captured and do not dynamically spawn any AI before that since I had to fight a chopper too in one of the attempts which made it hopeless.

Edited by metalcraze

metalcraze, you can manually save at any point you wish.

I've played this mission enough times to know ya gotta get your arse out of the LZ after capturing it, you should have time to rearm at it tho ;).

The mortar team awaits you to come to them.

I play on veteran. One save per mission.

Autosave after each task should work more than ok. Otherwise missions seems to be more or less balanced.

You can save the game via radio 0-0-(0 or was it 1). Its unlimited. I havent added much autosaves since the dynamic scripts could bring suprises, sometimes there could be enemy nearby aiming at you, sometimes not. I agree the mission is quite deadly currently. I will add custom accuraty for AI so they would be some less skilled. The chopper comes with 30% change after each alarm.

But I continue working on the mission. Its still very work in progress. I hope the beta (for game) will bring some new nice content too.

I'm looking forward to the large island with this mission, I enjoy that you do not have to take any certain path at any time.

Just wanted to share my appreciation for this mission.

I love the little things about it. For instance, last night, I was in a great firefight with a bunch of Persians in a remote wooded valley. After the fight, I got points for capturing an "Invisible" point. It was great :D

First of all, thanks for your mission Soak, we tried it yesterday but i did the mistake to use ACE. After we reached the doctor and went back to the crashsite nothing happened, same on the Zub ruin, no conversations. looks like it is not ACE compatible, can you confirm this? greetings SimonSays

Thanks, you both :) - You are mixing the threads (this is for A3 stuff), but the A2 Zub mission works little unstable with ACE. I have played far with it, but sometimes there is weird bugs especially with arrays. The crashsite is the most unstable, I should rework it more which I will do especially with A3 conversion. Will be found in this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153483-CAMP-SP-MP-Chasing-Grim-Reaper-amp-Other-Old-Missions-by-SaOk-converted-for-ArmA3

New COOP version 0.63 is available. I enabled the norrin revive system again since that script got updated.

Change Log:

-Added/Enabled latest Norrin Revive script

-Contact-loop improvement

Edited by SaOk

i think i have an issue in the SP version, i can't save at all even on recruit or regular , in other missions this don't occur , the word 'save' in the menu its unlighted .

I already tried to remove and then replace this mission but it still don't work , this is a real shame because this mission its awesome .

Thanks, :) are you playing the mission from "Scenarious" (mission-pbo put to missions-folder)? Game saving is working normally for me.

Resolved , it seems that a mod called mcc_sandbox was causing some problems , now i can save the mission :yay:

Can one change the difficulty level in these missions, or are they still locked by the game and / or mission structure?

(I'm getting my *ss handed to me on a regular basis here...)

I have been slowly tweaking the mission. Custom AI aiming accuracy is coming too for the next version (not sure yet when ready). Havent yet got much new stuff in, but today I wrote new function for AI camp behaviour. They will now move randomly between guard points, play random some patrolling animations, sit near fireplaces and check near by houses. Also join together as group when alarmed and again move more alone once unalarmed.

Hi SaOk, not sure if it's a feature or not but after taking LZ Connor I tried scavenging about for backpacks for me and my squad. I found a few, got all kitted up and restocked then saved it there. Next thing I got hit by mortar so reloaded and all the backpacks and contents my squad had disappeared. I tried this a few times with the same results of missing packs.

Cheers.......MadJock

Can confirm this. Vote up bug please http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7999

EDIT: bug still there after patch v0.58.105.348

Edited by sik

New SP version 0.76 is available. There is new AI functions, tweaks and added support for many optional addons. With those, crate content and weapons that friendlies (especially) and enemies (less) use have more variation. Some of the addons may conflict with each other (I heard there could be item issues).

Change Log:

-New AI functions for camp/civilian-behaviour

-Added random weather loop (Dynamic weather script by Engima, removed)

-"AI First Aid Support by DAP" is disabled for player/player team

-AI set less accurate

-Some other tweaks and fixes

-"RH PDW pack" by RobertHammer added as optional addon

-"AS50 sniper rifle2" by HawK added as optional addon

-"NV and Thermal Optics Pack" by Uncertain added as optional addon

-"M16A4 Example" by ToadBall added as optional addon

-"Barret M107/M82 "Blackened"" by g00d69 added as optional addon

-"R3F French Weapons Pack" by Team R3F added as optional addon

-"FHQ Accessories pack" by Alwarren added as optional addon

-"FHQ M4 pack" by Alwarren added as optional addon

I've been trying to play this for the last couple of days but upon landing on the beach my squad won't disembark the boat no matter what I try. Is this a common bug, or am I just that stupid?