SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

You need to shoot green flare grenade (with the weapon), not smoke. It can be found in the basecamp crates. Once you change the weapon to grenade launcher mode. You can scroll with mouse wheel to load the green flare. You need to be less than 300m away, from the marked beach, once shooting the flare or after shooting to be near the beack in 300 seconds.

Thanks for that. Next question :)

So, right after completing that part, firing the green flare in the air, everything goes according to plan. Get a new task (commanche wreck). The boat that came in won't move. Can't find any other boats around. Even checked back at the original lz where I came in, but that one was gone. Am I missing something simple? Thanks.

I will add more boats. The boat that brought the shipment was meant for player use, but some reason it didnt work for me too. :S

The COOP version should now work with reqular alpha too.

Edit: Currently converting my old Black Forest mission for A3 alpha AiA-mod:

Edited by SaOk

Also, can you make it in SP that when you get hit the screen doesn't go black while you wait for a medic to heal you? I'm not even sure if the AI medic ever does come to heal you because most of the time I just end up dying. Unless I need the dev build?

Hi SaOk, I have the same comment as CthulhuRay. I play your latest SP version and it is almost unplayable with the current Healing System you are using. I get shot, lie on the ground, and wait to die because my team members will not heal me...

Regards,

KK

The healing may require medicpacks. Not sure there was green backpacks in crates in SP version, but with carrying those AI should heal. But I will probably make the whole script optinal for next version. Also for the upcoming Black Forest conversion.

im running into a problem trying to play this and I believe it might be performance related. I happen to use my RMB for firing my weapon but this mission seems to cause an excessive amount of lag when I try to fire...many times nothing happens, the gun wont fire...other times i have to hold the button for a few seconds before it fires, and sometimes it fires normally as it should.

Im running the non dev alpha on a 2600K@4.3Ghtz w/8GB mem and an Nvidia 560Ti....I do NOT have my settings turned all the way up and I have not had this trouble until today while playing the latest version of this mission. Not sure if its just me, or not.

I also get that issue sometimes. I dont have related scripts running so I suspect its a game bug, unless I have missed something. If happeing in SP, saving and loading may help. When the commanding system for AI team-mates locks, that helps too.

This is the most satisfying mission yet on Arma 3. Good work author.

I'm hating this shit >_< I probably shouldn't Elite...

Been playing the whole night and haven't even cleared the mortars...

Great concept, I guess. I’d make a map just like it. It’s not actually playing out well for me at all though. Perhaps I should try Recruit with disabled HUD.

I'm having some squad mate AI problems on version .74 SP. A chopper full of reinforcements have come to help me take Camp Rogain, but the chopper is stuck hovering right over the camp which is full of enemy AI. I've tried moving around to get the chopper to relocate, but it won't move. My question is will this chopper eventually run out of fuel and crash? I assume if it does I will eventually get more reinforcements that I might get to land somewhere else.

I hope BIS can sort out the problems with AI getting stuck. I've got a couple other squad mates stuck far away on other parts of the map. The AI can be quite useful when they aren't stuck.

I will add detection loop for that to repeat the land order + adding new landing site. It should make it work more stable.

Dumb question, in SP version, calling support for rearm vehicle, dude tells me negative. I am in a secured LZ that is blue.

Anyone know?

I havent included that function to work (would only need support truck with support waypoint). Would be definitely a nice extra feature, but the trucks would rarely survive (unless set captive) and there isnt yet supply trucks. But I may add that to the Whole Lotta War mission.

Hi SaOk, thanks for the great mission. Not managed to read every post on this but hoping I've not repeated anyone else.

First thing I noticed was occasionally a team member would end up swimming while on land and be unresponsive. Only cure was a reload to an earlier time.

Second thing is, occasionally a team member stops responding but without any apparent reason. Probably an Arma 3 thing though.

Thirdly, 2 of my 8 man team have started using their pistols instead of their main weapon. I've got them to rearm in case they had run out of ammo with no success. I also got them to change to a different main weapon but still they choose their pistol.

Forth is more of a request. Any way of requesting a particular squad member i.e. engineer or demolitions expert? I had a slightly damaged Hunter but no member of my team could fix it. Deleting a member didn't replace it with a fresh one.

Cheers though for all your effort,

MadJock

Thanks and sure, :) already the replacements should always have one medic and AT-soldier. I will add that engineer too, it would fit nicely to the setting. Those other issues are all game issues, unless there is some new conflict. BIS removed few script commands from the game (in DEV-version) that is also affecting on this mission.E.g. units deleteing loop in init.sqf isnt currently probably working. I will update both SP and COOP version soon.

:D

New small update 0.75 for SP version is available. The mission is now compatible with current DEV-version too (also with current/upcoming reqular alpha). The chopper (with replacements for player's) should now try to land again after 70 seconds. I will return to expand the mission much more soon. Currently too attached with AiA-mod. :)

Change Log:

-Engineer comes with replacements

-HOTFIX: Removed script commands removed

-Some other small tweaks (bigger update coming later)

I got now dedicated server working to test better COOP missions, but noticed it will be little problematic to update the COOP version fast since the revive system also uses the removed setVehicleInit-commands. I try to have new COOP version ready in few days with some solution.

Edited by SaOk

Hi again SaOk, thanks for the very fast update. With each update do we need to restart the whole mission or will save game files be ok? Oh, and am I meant to be getting harassed by mortars throughout the mission?

Cheers again.

You might need to restart, but not sure. Edit: I lowered the mortar accuraty some bit for new version, but if AI mortar choose targets without scripts too. Those could be still deadly.

New COOP version 0.62 is available. I needed to remove the revive system since its not currently working with the game changes. But once its update, I put it back. The MP seem to work much better now with new dedicated server. I didnt notice the heavy delay and stuttering that mission had before. I am going to try including some SP changes/additions too in COOP soon.

Change Log:

-Works with both Reqular & DEV Alpha

-HOTFIX: Removed removed script commands

-Removed revive system for now (missing removed script commands)

-Smoke signals now work to call chopper to land more near

-Calling help with smoke should work too

-Fog code updated & defaut max fog now is "dense"

-Some other tweaks/fixes

Edited by SaOk

Sorry to be a pain, is there any anti-aircraft weapons available in this or do we need to shoot down helo's with just our guns?

Cheers...........MadJock

There is launcher in crates on LZ Connor. I think those hostile launchers are meant to work against land and air vehicles, but the locking isnt (or wasnt when I last time tried) working at least for me. The helos also fly away after sometime.

Hey SaOk, when i launch the latest SP Version the cutscene intro is with too much "blur". I am running A3 Clean stable version. Already tried with the latest dev version.

Its a game bug, I made earlier ticket for it to vote: :)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7027

In editor the cutscene look normal, but for some reason it forces that blur on when playing it from scenarious.

Hi, just started your mission again with the latest version(0.75 SP) and also the latest Arma Dev version. Upon loading in the new game I get an error - "Cannot load texture a3\ characters_f\common\data\helmet_heli_spc_co.paa"

Hope this helps iron out another wee bug.

Also, I'm guessing you know about there being no audible comms between Wolf and Crossroads, only written text?

Cheers........MadJock

Edited by MadJock

I also get that message, it seem to be a gamebug. Dialog isnt yet voice-acted. Once the mission is more final I may look for actors.