SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Mr. SaOK, your SP version of this game is the only reason I bother playing Arma3 at the moment. I'm sure when it's upgraded it will improve (A3), that goes without saying, but your mission brings so much to the game.

Thanks for the hard work.

Oh, I can help you with briefing or voice if you need it....I can offer you standard American, redneck, Japanese, poor Engrish Japanese. Take your pick.

Thanks, :)

voice-acting would be great addition, but still long way before there is finished story with dialog - I now started recreating big parts of the SP version. It will have new insertion, resource gathering, interaction with civilians, armed civilians. First player would have only very limited gear and tools, before setting up camp and commiting tasks that would bring more features available. Limited objects still bring some limitations (I wish there would be at least some tent objects) but I already have quite much ideas.

latest version seemed to have solved almost all of my issues, somehow. lol (:

Keep up the good work (: Its really awesome!

I wish the objectives (bases) had more defences, stationary vehicles that stay in base and more patrols around! (:

It would also be cool if the enemies had more AT units!

And maybe make those tower AI into patrol units or something until its possible to make them enter the towers without getting "bugged". (:

Ah, good to hear the fixes improved it. :)

I will rework the bases. There can be FPS problems quite fast with more units, but I will balance it somehow. Also add enemy reinforcements to arrive to bases.

:)

Awesome!

Love the work so far. Really great!

Best coop mission around!

thanks for great release. as so few people use dev release i spend a lot of time on your map. awesome experience.

3 suggestions perhaps.

1 - ability to call for nearby reinforcements who will then divert to current location, clear, assist or heal, and then recontinue their mission. this would be useful for getting medical attention, rearming, etc.

2 - occasional mixing up missions - so a blow up shit, capture x hill, intercept convoy, assassinate. that'd just add a world of variety here. not trivial for sure.

3. extraction support. helicopter/car exfiltration back to base to get more AI plus rearm, etc.

thanks again for entertaining mission.

edit - does the coop have treat self/team member but the SP not?

Edited by twisted

Thanks, :)

Actually already if you throw smoke, nearby friendly units/vehicles (that are not zone connected) should move to your unaccurate position. AI units with medicpacks seem to heal even units from other groups (feature of DAP's script), but rarely they arrive in time. Rearming would be nice addition. I may try to include it.

Currently I am expanding the SP version much with more proper tasks. The old zones will stay as main objective, but I may switch most of them to be optional (so the mission dosent take over 10 hours to complete, unless player wants). Player team is going to be only US folks on the island (before some US support that is enabled slowly during mission progress), co-operating with armed locals that replace all the old AI US units. Currently SP version dosent have chopper transport for player team since the chopper only have 5 slots passengers (I hope BIS patch it soon to have 7 slots), but I may include it too. If the team cant get in one chopper, there could two choppers.

The "AI First Aid Support by DAP"-script is in both versions. I had forgotten to updated the first post.

thanks for the answer. I'll make sure i have the latest sp version installed and try again.

one question, or maybe more or a request, would it be possible in SP to autodetect which mod is running and put the weapons in a special ammo box in the main base? I'd like to be able to use the new weapons being introduced by the community in these epic missions but dont know how right now other than trying to unpbo and putting them in myself.

Its possible and a good idea. I could make the locals use randomly communitymade-weapons too if player have the mod installed. Going to check those once the upcoming big SP mission update is more finished. You can also list here the addons, you would like to see.

I like the work you have done. I was wondering. After you die, is there a way to re spawn back in. where you had died at or any where else? Cause I die to soon. Or would there be a save option. Can you put in Blood Mist mod. It was by Lao Fei Mao. Submitted by: Foxhound. Keep up the work. It's Awesome.

Thanks, :) SP version will have (not sure if its already in 0.50 version) unlimited savegame via key combination 0-0-0. And if you play with lower difficulty setting, there is also normal game saving. The Blood Mist seems to be an addon (without script version that could be integrated in the mission), it should work with this mission too by just installing the mod.

I am making good progress with the update (for SP). Around 10 new tasks coming, and many cutscenes. Some of them are livefeeds. There will be much optional tasks to unlock features (different kind of support, more gear/vehicles, more US presence).

Hello!

I just wanted to try your SP Missions, but it seems that i am not able to change the difficulty?

How can i do that? Or does that function not work in the Alpha?

Because when i go in the GameOptions and set the difficulty to Veteran or Elite it simply does not apply the change.

Hope someone can help.

Looks like the difficulty is locked for me too, but you can change the details. From where I have disabled crosshair, extended armor and tweaked AI skills. I dont know if it also broke the AT-launchers for me since I cant lock any targets (there was some video where it worked). :S

Its the same "game"-options page where you "choose" the difficulty level. Under it is a list of features that you can disable or enable, and also sliders for friendly/enemy skills.

Aaah!

Ok, Thank you very much!

EDIT:

Hm, just tried to disable CH in the "Regular" Detail thing, but it did not apply D:

Edited by UterusMaximus

After disableing CH, you need to restart the game for some reason. But back to the topic. :)

I'm able to save while doing the mission and able to continue with the game. But after I restart the game. I'm not able to start from where I was before. I would have to re do the mission. I'm with that. I was wondering if you are able to.

Are you playing the SP mission via the "Scenarios"-menu (same as the Showcases). Saving the game should work normally. Once you exit the mission (when alive), it autosaves and next time you play it should continue from that (when pressing resume in "Scenarios"-menu). If pressing esc in the mission, you can also revert the mission to load wanted savegame. Or there might be bug. Once I have made more progress with the SP update, I will check that, but so far its seems to work for me.

I've been playing it through Multiplayer->LAN and select the mission. It won't show up in Scenarios menu. I have it installed in MPMissions folder. When I go to Multiplayer->LAN and select the mission. Then I hit where it say resume. But it won't let me click ok to resume the mission. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong.

Now I have it working right. I just didn't see it. If it was a snake, I would have been bitten by it. lol.

Edited by barrett217

I've been playing it through Multiplayer->LAN and select the mission. It won't show up in Scenarios menu. I have it installed in MPMissions folder. When I go to Multiplayer->LAN and select the mission. Then I hit where it say resume. But it won't let me click ok to resume the mission. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong.

I play the single player version (.50) in multiplayer LAN also. 0-0-0 to save the game doesn't work for me. The only way I'm able to save is to exit the game entirely at which point it saves the game automatically, and then come back in using the resume option.

I tried the single player under the Scenarios option, but I couldn't get it to save reliably. It's been a while and I'm going to try it again tonight. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

I play the single player version (.50) in multiplayer LAN also. 0-0-0 to save the game doesn't work for me. The only way I'm able to save is to exit the game entirely at which point it saves the game automatically, and then come back in using the resume option.

I tried the single player under the Scenarios option, but I couldn't get it to save reliably. It's been a while and I'm going to try it again tonight. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

I tried it last night and it works. I wasn't using the "revert" option to load saved games before, and that was the cause of my earlier failure.