SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

heads up, the AI players often get stuck in rooms and walls :( Maybe that because of the game is Alpha I think.

That is game bug, I have basic "forced stand domove randomly between housepositions"-script for the units in houses For some reason the units are spawned sometimes with swimming animation. I will see if there would be a way to avoid that.

I found out the headless clients arent yet in the alpha but probably coming in the next build. I will include the feature then into the mission, the scripts are already ready for that. Also add parameters to control how much AI to have for server and how much for headless clients. Also there will be room for multiple headless clients with each own AI´s and the tactic scripts running for them. Seems like there isnt much limits for that. At the end there could be much more friendlies and enemies on the battlefield with players playing only small role. Interesting to see how things will work. :)

New COOP version 0.44 of the mission is here. It should be now much easier to travel more distant without wandering around to find vehicle. Also other changes. The same old link.

Change Log:

-New quickly respawing respawnpoint vehicles/chopper

-Much more AT-weapons/magazines in crates

-Enemy have now sniper "towers"

-Respawn point have some more cover

-Car removal near spawning point improved

-Other tweaks/fixes

Edit: Re-uploaded the same version with small change so the quickly respawned vehicles are also removed if abadoned already near the respawnpoint.

---------- Post added at 00:38 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

Sorry, another hotfix to the 0.44. The same link. I noticed silly things happened if the vehicle was destroyed to its orginal place. I also made the enemy mortar much more rare and have bigger dispersion.

Edited by SaOk

Thanks for the updates, have hosted it for you here.

b_560_95_1.png

Thanks for hosting, Kinsman. And trenmanarch for video. Nice playing, I start to feel old since the AI beat me all the time. :)

The music follows core script events. There is fade, but some of the songs seem to end before the events change and have snappy ending. I set the music level one desimal more down.

Thanks for this SaOk - I am going to have to get good quick - the AI are brutal in Arma 3!

It is really great mission but how to delay cars respawn to 10 minutes or more ? It is crazy to drive car with friends, get out and car disappears 10 secs. later. Also how to fill the crate with weapons because there is none to choose... (I have added ammobox with filling script but box disappear after few minutes, same with cars using respawn script). Any idea ?

Thanks, I have loops detecting alone vehicles with different deleting rules near and far from the respawn. I will tweak those more, also check the ammoboxes - those shouldnt be deleted. I noticed the daytime can be now different for players. Its fixed in the next version, also player markers are added and I am trying to include optional time accelerator (e.g. 24 hours is 1 hour), but didnt yet get the Tonci's script work.

Loving this mission so far. A lot of fun.

I would however love to have more weapon choices at the base including scopes and suppressors etc, and maybe a HMG variant of the Hunter. But aside from that a lot of fun, looking forward to eventually playing this with my brother soon.

Looking forward to future updates also. :)

Thanks, :) sure those should be easy to add if I manage to find the classes for the scopes and suppressors. I was meant to add the HMG variant already, but accidentally mixed with the classes.

New COOP version 0.45 for the mission is available.

Change Log:

-Added player markers

-Added accelerated time (default 1h is 12 ingame hours)

-Added changing weather (new values on every 10 minutes)

-Mission starts with random time (as default)

-More gear in crates (Optics, Suppressors)

-Some less vehicles, tweaked spawning/deleting times for vehicles

-Other fixes & tweaks

Sure let me know, PawelKPL. I could add it to the next version. Thanks :)

Edited by SaOk

Ah, I forgot to check that issue. Going to for next version.

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

New COOP version 0.46 is released.

Change Log:

-Added "=BTC= Revive" by Giallustio (Thanks PawelKPL for showing me the way)

-Revive system have "moving respawn point"-mobile

-Playeable units divided to four 5 men groups

-FIX:Crates shouldnt be deleted anymore

ps. If you add more crates or objects that might be thought as vehicles, add this code into the object´s init box.

this setvariable ["AmCrate",1];

Edited by SaOk

SaOK, any updates for the SP missions? You know, for us guys who have no friends to play with? :)

PS: The last time I got overrun, I lost the city nearby that I had captured, also lost my base, and found myself surrounded by five enemy armored vehicles, and no rocket launcher in that one gear crate. What I would give for a tank..

Sure, I will update the SP mission very soon too with the more AT-filled crates,cover and some more vehicles in the base. :)

New COOP version 0.47 is here with some important fixes.

Change Log:

-Briefing should now work

-Random mortar no longer drop grenades on respawn

-Player is moved to respawn point if accidentally spawned into ocean

-Accelerated time should be smooth now

New COOP version 0.48 is here with some new features. You can now play as group-member and let the AI leader to command. I plan to add new functions to make AI use vehicles to move between captureable zones.

Change Log:

-Waypoints are now given to groups for nearest capture-able zone

-AI may use smoke sometimes

-AI team-leaders may call support sometimes

Sure, I will update the SP mission very soon too with the more AT-filled crates,cover and some more vehicles in the base. :)

You are the man!

New COOP version 0.48 is here with some new features. You can now play as group-member and let the AI leader to command. I plan to add new functions to make AI use vehicles to move between captureable zones.

Change Log:

-Waypoints are now given to groups for nearest capture-able zone

-AI may use smoke sometimes

-AI team-leaders may call support sometimes

Wow, great changelog!

New COOP version 0.49 is here. I also made now the group with AI team-leaders to move with possible car between zones. They can spawn the car by themselves too, unless set off in parameters. Also I fixed the waypoints. It was only working for the first zone. Weather may be little more smooth too.

Had .46 running on my server today for about 5/6 hours, absolutely excellent gameplay and met a few good peeps, all of them loved the mission. It's getting smoother and better in every update, thank you yet again SaOk - I literally haven't pulled myself away from this mission haha !