SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

New version is great... really makes this mission fun to play, too bad loading saves in MP is beyond messed up in Arma. I really hope B.I. fixes it in some next versions of the alpha or beta.

I second the idea of having some sort of requestable armor. Not all the time, just maybe after x amount of mins.

Sure, I can add that too. Air support can be called only once in 10 minutes, there could be similar support call with the mg/gl-vehicles (there isnt yet proper armor). There is also random friendly support which could be directed to your way with smoke (I will ensure the signals work in the next version).

i cant get it to show up. I put the "WholeLottaStratis.7z file into the MPMissions folder and create a new locked server but it does not show in the list of missons. Any help?

Thanks

i cant get it to show up. I put the "WholeLottaStratis.7z file into the MPMissions folder and create a new locked server but it does not show in the list of missons. Any help?

Thanks

Hello,

Try extracting the .pbo file from the 7z you have and add it in the Folder.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Paranoik

hello there

A dynamic mission so soon? Splendid. I need to sleep but am installing it now.

Rgds

LoK

COOP version for 1-20 players is released, and also new SP version is available. See the first post. :) Headless Clients arent yet included, I need to check how those work.

Sweet ! Giving it a go now. I've spent hours so far playing the first one, excellent job SaOk :)

Thanks, :) I hope to improve the mission still much more.

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

I reuploaded the COOP version with client script fix, the same link. It had no effect, since the features in that script is anyway disabled (crows,flies). Only there was error message at mission start, if you had errors set on in shortcut.

Edit: Ah, it was your server which I joined, CJ. Thanks for hosting. Mission seemed to work quite good, didnt spot lag (only when someone was joining and loading the mission) or stutter.

Thanks, off to test this out now. Sounds good.

Thanks, :) I hope to improve the mission still much more.

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

I reuploaded the COOP version with client script fix, the same link. It had no effect, since the features in that script is anyway disabled (crows,flies). Only there was error message at mission start, if you had errors set on in shortcut.

Edit: Ah, it was your server which I joined, CJ. Thanks for hosting. Mission seemed to work quite good, didnt spot lag (only when someone was joining and loading the mission) or stutter.

Excellent few hours of playing this with a few guys, thanks a lot buddy :) The mission didn't seem to drop in FPS the whole time, however like you said we did experience the typical 'joining in' lag. Can see this progressing far, certainly made ArmA3 for me so far.

Edit: I did find a minor bug in the marker for Agia Marina. There's actually 2 markers there, one constantly stays Red, and the other (if you capture the town) turns blue. Easily fixed though :)

Edited by CJ

That marker bug was really strange since there I have the markers placed in editor and none is spawned during mission, only color is changed. In another server, I didnt spot that bug. I noticed you had placed some more vehicled into mission, are you sure that you didnt accidentally multiply that marker?

FPS was very good in the other server too. I will add more life, mostly enemies, behind parameters. So depending on server power, amount of units could be increased if wanted.

I will also rework with the deleting/spawning near the respawn. With many players, there is always someone near the respawn and the cycles doset work right then. Next version will have some more transport vehicles too.

Yep you're right, must have been from my sloppy copypasta job. Sounds good !

Noticed that certain things are working differently in ArmA3 now than in A2 multiplayer. Going to tweak the worst problems away for next version.

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

New version 0.43 of the COOP version is available. The same old link. I tried to fix all the so far issues, also there is now more cars in respawn point that should respawn too (I am using the BIS own vehicle respawn for those, dont know how good those work).

Thank you for these dynamic scenarios SaOk, my favorite type of ArmA missions! Glad you were able to port it over so quickly.

Thanks, :)

I reuploaded the COOP version 0.43 without the custom voicefiles. I noticed there was much lag from people downloading the mission when joining server. I may include the voices in some separate special version at some point. There is also some more vehicles in this new 0.43. The same old link.

I gave the first upload of .43 an hours test on my server, worked flawless, 40fps throughout. Forgot to check the vehicle respawns though. For anyone who's interested, ill be running this mission daily on ArmA 3 Alpha PvE CoOp Server (UK).

The 3 cars using "respawnVehicle"-command didnt seem to work. I will create better vehicle spawning script soon. Currently the rest of the vehicles (marked with borrow text), respawn only when all players are over 900m away and come back.

Thanks for hosting the mission on server. :)

Did a test run of your mission for Co-Op. It was some fun play. Here are some bugs i found:

Dead Bodys Glitching

AI can time out (Friendly)

(Suggestion) Mark friendly AI

AI glitch, There get stuck going in circles

Little Birds self-destuct, causing FPS lag

Vehicles random self-destuct. Causing lag

Hunter Spawned in the ground

Hope this helps some.

It's fun but seems that Ifrits are constantly showing up near my spawn site and having only 1 Law in the gearbox makes it a little tedious after a while. BTW, where is the option for SP in Arma3? Would be nice to be able to save and get a little headway in the mission :)

Edited by froggyluv

Great mission, love playing this. The respawning and occasional reinforcements are a great idea. I was just wondering though, does the "dynamic life creator" continue to create enemy AI ad infinitum? I mean, does this ever end?? Or am I going to be playing this for the next ten years, LOL.

Would be nice if we could "win" eventually, and take over the island.

Keep up the awesome work, really appreciate it. It's a very well done addition to ARMA III.

The AI doesn't respawn in a city once it is captured, the marker turns from red to blue and you move onto the next one.

Thanks, I will try to add player markers and add more AT stuff to the respawn. The zones have 900m detection range to spawn life - once all players go away and any come back, new life is spawned depending on color of the marker. I may try to make AI appear to the zone already once capture with some delay, they could arrive with car or walk from somewhere.

Overally new AI is created as long the mission is played. I have set limits how much life there can be at the same time which is around 50 to 80 (sometimes maybe near 100). The limits change at random times, but currently I have set all quite low to save FPS (also the distant alone units have simulation disabled - 50m range for civilians in house, 100m for civs outside houses, 150m for soldiers in house, 300m outside). So its hard to spot difference. But I will add unit multiplier to the parameters for faster servers. Also check the headless client thing if it would help in order to have more life without FPS loss. I will also try to add tasks that have effects on various things (units amounts, avaiable features).

The zones have 900m detection range to spawn life - once all players go away and any come back, new life is spawned depending on color of the marker. I may try to make AI appear to the zone already once capture with some delay, they could arrive with car or walk from somewhere.

IMO, having existing enemy AI travel from enemy zones to captured zones, to try to retake those positions, would be a great idea and would add to the strategy element of this. Having them just respawn in the previously captured areas, would just end up being a frustrating experience.

I've had enough trouble retaking areas that I've captured, and then, having to go back and retake them again (and again...). But I just love the idea of the reinforcements moving in from different areas.