SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

New COOP version 0.55 is here. Team-killing should now teleport the player to an island for 20 seconds. From second kill for 40 seconds, and so on. It should also detect if the player have changed, zeroing the teamkill count. Let me know if its working bad.

Change Log:

-Teamkillers are send to an island with increasing penalty time from each kill (default - enabled)

-Option to disable extra friendly AI life (default - disabled)

-Option to disable civilian/animal life

-19 new invisible infantry zones

Edit: Re-uploaded the file, I had forgot to make few team-kill script variables public.

Edited by SaOk

Cool! Thank you!

I have a question thought, if you have time.

The friendly units around the map (and those guarding the insertion point) can I somehow edit their loadout?

In FriendlySupport.sqf and AmbientZone.sqf (Under //SPAWNS PATROLLING GROUPS) you could add, after the call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup's, "foreach units _group"-code with side check to alter the units. I may add some custom unit stuff soon too.

In FriendlySupport.sqf and AmbientZone.sqf (Under //SPAWNS PATROLLING GROUPS) you could add, after the call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup's, "foreach units _group"-code with side check to alter the units. I may add some custom unit stuff soon too.

Awesome thanks alot! :yay:

Had a quick go of what now turns out to be an older version (MP 0.46 played as SP with AI support) and had an interesting encounter:

a swimmer in the building nearest the camp, as I walked past the building I could hear water getting moved, looked in the dry river bed - nothing. walked back around building and the noise got louder, as I rounded the corner one of my squad came out the building and I went in and in the first room there was a villager swiming in the room as per the attached image.

Arma3DrySwim1_zpsd3b8ebad.jpg

I spawn the units in house to housepositions. I think it places the unit sometimes partly through wall/floor and that makes the units swim. I will see if some height adding would solve the issue.

I also found why the zone capturing wasnt always working and its affecting the timer too currently. Going to fix it for next version.

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

I re-uploaded 0.55 version. Zone capturing detection should now work properly and I added 0.3m height for unit spawning in buildings.

Thx for update but is there any chance to disable ALL Friendly AIs ? They spawn in the middle of fight and destroy our mission. I attached link to image showing - 5 players attacking one of the zone and 12 AIs spawning in the middle of game.

link: http://postimage.org/image/mx3w65jkl/

regards, pawelkpl

Those are the zone units, I will add them to be disabled with the setting too. The zone cant also be then re-captured by enemy. If playing with AI friendlies, I also plan to make the spawning more smooth. Coming with the next version.

Um, how do you play this in single-player? (Sorry if that's discussed here somewhere. I did look through half the messages before deciding just to ask.)

Yes, I followed the instructions and put SPWholeLottaStratis.Stratis.pbo into the "MPmissions" folder, rather than into the "Missions" folder. Then I started the game and went to "Multiplayer." But then what? I don't see it anywhere.

I assume this must be a dumb question, or you would have spelled it out. But I don't have a clue what to do next. And I'm getting just a bit bored with playing the Infantry Showcase over and over again. :)

New COOP version 0.56 is here.

Change Log:

-Added AI First Aid Support (v0.1.5) by DAP

-If extra friendlies are disabled, also zones have no more friendly life

-Some other tweaks

@WCG - You need to click New in multiplayer lobby, then you can leave the server settings as they are (LAN), next there is missions list and the Whole Lotta Stratis should be there. If you have placed the pbo-file while in the game, you need to restart before it shows on the list.

@WCG - You need to click New in multiplayer lobby, then you can leave the server settings as they are (LAN), next there is missions list and the Whole Lotta Stratis should be there.

Thanks! That worked. I just hadn't gone far enough, since I didn't have a clue what to do with the server settings.

Does the enemy AI spawn in one location and then travel to the zones of battle (like we do; I play the COOP alone as a single player mission). Or do they just respawn automatically in towns and areas that you've already captured? I'm seeing some bizarre behavior with enemy popping up surprisingly out of nowhere.

Spawning is made in various ways. There is foot patrols that spawn around random players (I increased now the min distance), there is random placed fireplace camps (currently without tents/static guns), then reinforcements that are spawned around random player. These are spawned without limits so they can appear near captured zones too. Then there is fixes placed visible capture-able zones and unvisible zones (boat/vehicle patrols, and infantry patrols near other strategic locations). Once zone is captured, the friendlies spawn to guard them. Currently instantly, but I am going to tweak that (they could walk from distance first, or even arrive with vehicles (once alpha is more stable)).

I like to keep the game mode quite chaotic, so there will not be 100% enemy free zones. With small islands like Stratis it may not be that realistic, but should fit better for Altis once I copy-paste the concept there. :) With the currently limited content this Stratis version is still quite a demo of what to come.

Hey again!

These might not be the kind of questions you'd like I think. I'm sorry for this.

Its okay if you don't have time to answer!

Great mission thought. Alot of fun! Best coop mission I've played so far.

When someone dies they keep the gear that they have picked up. I want to actually run out of weapons!

There any easy way to do this? My first thought was that it might have something to do with the revive script and how it makes you respawn, you keep the stuff?

.. but now just as I'm typing, I realise that when the playable characters are controlled by AI they will spawn without weapons if I remove that. :o:(

I could ask this instead.

I have changed the loadout for the playable characters but it seems like when they are controlled by AI they spawn with their default loadout, when they die. You don't happend to know why? I'd like them to keep spawning with the loadout I choosed aswell. (:

I am not very familiar with respawning yet, but there is a respawn eventhandler. With that you should be able to run code for respawned unit. E.g. you could try add the wanted loadout in units init, also add the eventhandler to the init with the same loadout code in it. In the eventhandler code, then include check if the unit is player.

if (isPlayer (_this select 0)) then {remove weapons code} else {custom loadout code};

Ah! Awesome thank you so much for all your help!

Gonna try it later!

keep it up (:

I seriously hope you continue working with this mission!

Enjoying it alot more than any other mission atm.

Would have been nice if the mission had something like VAS (by tonic) that I'm using in the mission for items but not weapons.

Got a question again!

I'm not really a coder, just change stuff and try my luck. Hope i manage the whole respawn eventhandler thing!

But the ammoboxes in the mission have " this setvariable ["AmCrate",1] " Does it actually do something? Should I add this if I create more boxes?

Thanks again for a great mission. Can't wait for the arma 3 release and hopefully a "complete" Whole Lotta Stratis mission!!

Thanks :), that ammocrate code is to prevent my vehicle removal loop for deleteing the crates. In ArmA3 the crates are vehicles for some reason. Add the code to the new crates.

haha ah that explains why my crates disappeared!

Very good mission, me and my pals had extreme fun. Lots of content.

We were playing for about 2-3 hours.

Thanks, :)

new dev-version seems to be stable with AI vehicles. Going to switch those back on (as default) and if there is now headless clients supported in today´s alpha patch, going to include those too. SP version needs to be updated to work with new ifrit class.

New COOP version 0.57 is here. AI vehicles are set on since the new DEV version seem to be stable with those now. After the update for normal Alpha. It should be too. There wasnt yet headless clients in DEV version so to arent yet added in the mission. I will work on the SP version next since they added now SP missions section in the game. I hope to include some cinema too. :)

Change Log:

-Terrain Grid can be now set near respawn (unless set off in server)

-Improved player/AI markers

-AI vehicles/less units set on as default (for the new Alpha that seems to be stable now)

-Other tweak/fixes