Sign in to follow this  
hyttjo

Can't see terrain in game (in Buldozer works fine)

Hi,

I followed Wiki tutorial "ArmA_2_Terrain_Tutorial" very precisely. And after I have binarized the terrain into BPO and everything seems ok without any errors. I load up Arma2oa.exe with neccessary parameters, the startup menu screen shows me over the ocean (in buldozer it also shows ocean because in default starting location is above it), so it seems that it has successfully loaded new terrain.

But now what? I try to start editor but it's "Select Map" menu doesn't show my new terrain, same thing if I try to make a new LAN game. How do I actually can play on my terrain? So confused, I have read several different tutorials but none of those tells what to do after binarizing and starting up the game...

hey...

firstly

the startup menu screen shows me over the ocean (in buldozer it also shows ocean because in default starting location is above it), so it seems that it has successfully loaded new terrain.

if the map isn't showing up in the list of available maps, it's not loaded, I think it is just coincidence that your screen shows the sea.

I have had this problem too from time to time, I spend 66.66666666% of my time wrestling with the binarization process...

so, provided you have done everything correctly, it would appear that sometimes it doesn't want to work and you have to re binarize it again... check out this thread here....

that was my fight with the process, now I have to go through this process EVERY time I want to do a new binarization.. I have no idea why, but it's better than nothing!

My main advice would be to re do everything and re check everything super carefully, I've been sure I have done everything right on many occasions and then found a stupid mistake somewhere...

I hope this helps you out!

D

Binarization was weird for me too. I had a similar problem to yours (island not showing up in the 'select map menu').

In my case, it helped to delete all unnecessary models and configs in the p:\ca folder and in the p:\myProjects folder, like A10, Soldier models, etc. No idea why, but my guess is, it was because my c: drive was almost full and BinPbo needs to process and move a lot of data?

Maybe the professionals on this board can help you if you post the Logfile BinPbo creates (you find it in the same folder as the pbo). There should be an entry <world = "p:\MyProject\MyIsland\Island.wrp"> and towards the end, there is an entry </world>. I noticed that every time my map was not loaded by the game, the entry </world> was missing.

The island works well in Bulldozer?

so make sure to export the wrp file and get your config stuff together. I can upload an example set of my config as soon as I am back home from work today

Edited by MemphisBelle

The island works well in Bulldozer?

so make sure to export the wrp file and get your config stuff together. I can upload an example set of my config as soon as I am back home from work today

That would be great, thanks!