FlumZ

Connection failed

Hi, everytime i try to connect to a server i get this msg: Connection failed.

So i might think its a router problem, if it is which port do i need to foward? if not anyone got a clue what to fix it?

thx

Got exactly same issue as you do. Most server display 2500ping (max) tried port forwarding and everything nothing helps.

Exactly the same, needs more heads up on this.

Edit: In-case this might help the developers, when I host I also get: No challenge value was received from master server.

Having the same issue here, Can connect to a few servers but mostly I get connection failed. Tried with opening the ports 2302-2307, Shutting down my firewall and making sure all windows updates are downloaded.

In the browser I could see my friends game by searching on the host name, but as I tried to connect I got connection failed. Proceeded to ask him for his IP and entered it into remote and could not find the server through that, dont know if this helps anyone solving this problem but it sure is wierd.

First off, YOU DO NOT NEED TO PORT FORWARD IF YOU ARE JUST CONNECTING TO A SERVER. Do not port forward, that is just silly.

Now, issues that can make you not connect. You do not have the correct mod set. Some servers require mods. Some require you to have zero mods. Other issues could be that the server you are trying to connect to is simply unresponsive due to high loads. The server could also be locked even if it has no password. Another issue could be because you do not have the correct version of Arma. There are two versions of Arma. Regular, and Dev build. If the server has a red X next to it, you cannot join it.

Mine helped by putting the server port 2304 in permameters not sure if it'll help for other too but that's what helped me.