Sign in to follow this  
SandboxPlaya

ARMA 3 base terrain textures WORSE than the original Operation Flashpoint

i'd like to see that implemented as in your example pics it really adds so much detail to the mid-range textures

Thanks for the explanation NordKindchen. I'm definitely excited about the following discussions in here!

@SQB-SMA The problem with simple noise maps is that they are eually shared over each colour of the satmap. It would not solve the problem we have currently: One texture over a big distance will allways reach over different colour patterns. That means you will allways have stones in from the texture that get two colours.

Like this.

And thats actually what makes the game look so blurry!

On the other hand - jeah noises would at least help a bit.

But then again - as I explained. The system I introduced gives you so much more freedom and even the possibility to come back to the old system without any problem. You could even combine my system with noises.

As I see it - my system delievers just so much advantages and so few disadvantages (Namely soley the development time and cost since you can come back to the old system as I explained. Thus leaving no performance impact if you desire.)

Best regards!

Ps: Thanks for the great feedback!

Thanks for the reply, I think I get it now. I see your ticket's status is now "assigned", that looks promising!

why no one say nothing about the trees on middle range...