Sign in to follow this  
d3lta

Arma 3 Alpha crashing with Radeons

Hi all

First, thanks bohemia, I loved Arma3.

I'm using a Radeon 7970 and I get multiple crashes during gameplay or using editor. Crash with black screen.

I change for a gtx 480 and the crashing stopped.

I'm using last driver version on both.

Is this problem general with Radeons and Alfa?

best regards.

Enviado de meu MZ604 usando o Tapatalk 2

nop, i'm using a 5850 and everything works fine

Same here, no prob with 5870 (don't have the latest driver installed though : 12.8)

Having no problems with my HD5870, it might be a problem with the 7xxx series. But that's quite a longshot.

to OP:

How hot is your 7970 getting? They really don't like running past 65ºC in my experience.

I had this issue with Arma 2 and DayZ with the standard GPU fan speed to ºC mapping as it keeps the fan speed low for too long.

Using MSI Afterburner and remapping the fan speed to ramp fan RPM sooner worked for me.

to OP:

How hot is your 7970 getting? They really don't like running past 65ºC in my experience.

I had this issue with Arma 2 and DayZ with the standard GPU fan speed to ºC mapping as it keeps the fan speed low for too long.

Using MSI Afterburner and remapping the fan speed to ramp fan RPM sooner worked for me.

I'm using a asus hd 7970 dcu2 top, temperatures range in 60-70 with default control.

But it's strange, I dont have problem with arma2 or other game.

but, thanks for all

best regards

So I have a Radeon HD 6870 and I was getting game crashes every time I was joining multiplayer maps. Check and see if you have this error log in Event Viewer.

Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 0.5.102.571, time stamp: 0x512deb6a

Faulting module name: PhysX3_x86.dll, version: 3.2.3.1, time stamp: 0x50f68ef3

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000d6dd7

Faulting process id: 0x1234

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce1a76b9c8523d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\PhysX3_x86.dll

Report Id: be5fd70c-866a-11e2-be8b-1c6f654caf66

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

It seems there is something turned on by default for Nvidia cards perhaps that is messing with Radeon cards. I turned off FXAA and SMAA after reading the readme's in the Arma3 folder in steamapps. In there it says by default they are turned off but in game they are marked as on. As soon as I disabled both of those and set my graphics card to control them instead of application control I have been able to play with out any issues or crashing since. Idk how much this is an actual fix or just random luck. I maybe so totally wrong its not even funny. Feedback is appreciated cause if there is a definite fix I think we would all like it to be found.

I dont have any problem with my 7870, im updating the drivers hopping boost a little my fps.

Running with a 5850 2gb at the moment, runs great, no problems so far..

Hi all

I fix my problem, I reinstalled my driver beta 7.

It's ok now.

running 2x5850 and get lots of crashes i put it down to steam.i got lots of crashes/bsod while playing games through steam.can count on 1 hand how may crashes iv had in arma 2 which was disc version most of the time that was updates messing stuff up

after big patch today, crashing and hang problem backs again. :'( I'm using cat 13.3b3.

well i have issues as well with the 7970 and the amd fx 8120 is my cpu i also have 8 gigs of ram.

and i also get horrible fps and yes i over clocked my cpu to 4 gigs. so any help would be great

I have a lot of crashes with Radeon 7970 and CAT 13.3b3 or cat 13.3b2. =(

The crash hang the screen with a light pattern white. only RESET or POWER OFF resolve the problem.....

Any idea? =(

Ps1. I'm using a i7@stok with hd7970@Stok

Ps2. steam check corrupt file is correct.

Ps3. I'm using Win8.

Ps4. dxsetup updated.

I had the same crash to desktop every 15 minutes issue as well. I checked the event log and sure enough there was a PhysX related error but a guy I play with (GruntzTastic) clued me into his secret: switch to the dev build, play the game, switch back to the regular build and I haven't had a crash since. I was updating drivers (which is a good thing anyways), re-installed Arma via Steam, etc but running the dev build then reverting was the nail in the coffin. Alpha...right?

I had the same crash to desktop every 15 minutes issue as well. I checked the event log and sure enough there was a PhysX related error but a guy I play with (GruntzTastic) clued me into his secret: switch to the dev build, play the game, switch back to the regular build and I haven't had a crash since. I was updating drivers (which is a good thing anyways), re-installed Arma via Steam, etc but running the dev build then reverting was the nail in the coffin. Alpha...right?

+1 Was having problems with Physx and Atidx11 crashes constantly on 2 HD5770 (CROSSFIRED) 13.1 driver (13.3 beta same issues). Ran dev update, played a few rounds, reverted back. Works perfectly now - no crashes. Thanks for this Bus.

AMD PhIIx6 @3.7, 2 x Asus HD5770, Asus M4A89GTD Pro, ssd, hdd 8Gb RAM.

i have 6950 upgraded to 6970. runs smooth as silk. i always use dev version.

I hav ethe HD4850x2 1GB and arma 3 runs sweet on almost ultra settings had a crashing issue but opted out of the Beta in steam and it stopped it, will be upgrading to 2 x 7870 in two weeks

Been running with a 7950 past couple days. No crashes whatsoever. Driver version 13.3 beta 3. OC'ed to 1075/1500.

Had a 6950 a few days ago as well on 13.2 beta 7 drivers, no crashes either. OC'ed to 925/1340.

I only really had crashes in the first week of release for the game. Since then at least on non developer builds, been running fine for playing Showcases in SP and Wasteland in MP.

I fixed my problem with a orthodox way:

- Configure Steam for beta download

- wait update

- Play the game a bit

- Configure Steam for no beta download more

- wait update

- Play

No more crashs at now. /o/

Thx 4 all!!!

Best regards

Bad news again... The crashing backs again after a day.... =(

I remove the HD7970 e put my old GTX480, no problems more.

Please Bohemia, give better support to AMD, this is a question of respect for your customers.

Best Regards.

Is BOHEMIA colaborating with AMD gaming Evolved?