Sign in to follow this  
ErcanKazaz

Arma 3 Normal Edition to Digital Deluxe Edition upgrade option?

Hello,

I purchased Arma 3 normal edition from Steam for $32.99 and downloaded the game and alpha is really awesome, I liked the game very much. So now I am regretting that I purchased the normal edition. Will you please make upgrade option on Steam for normal purchasers to upgrade Digital Deluxe Edition for $17 or something? Some other Steam games are doing this so you can do it too. Thank you, I hope you will do this.

Yes, I too have changed my mind and would like the deluxe option instead! Make it possible and just take my money!

Even having brought the supporter edition I am 100% behind this. Some people may have had cold feet from ArmA 2 and have been convinced of the vast improvement that is ArmA 3.

When(if) i will get a job i'll just buy second Arma for my friend :P. I also personally feel guilty for paying so little (as i bought alpha) :P .

possibility to upgrade to supporter edition needed here too, i want to say thanks for such a great game giving you my moneys

Hello guys,

I’m terribly sorry but we will not be able to offer deluxe/supporter edition upgrades to those who previously purchased Arma3. We’ve given this a great amount of thought and explored several ways to do this, but in the end we have unfortunately reached the decision not to offer package upgrades.

In the end our reasoning was not only influenced by implementation, order/user tracking and accounting difficulties, but also by problems with the actual form of these upgrades, namely what the upgrades would include and for what price (especially in consideration of possible differences between upgraded versions and regular supporter editions).

Thank you for your understanding.

It is the "take my money" thread. Shows the enthusiasm about the game. I already bought a second copy for a friend - it's a legal "take my money" payment method.

This is such a bummer that they aren't offering this. I haven't had a sudden "change of heart", I tried to purchase Supporter's Edition on Day 1 but the store wouldn't work so after 5 hours of pressing refresh I went to Steam and bought the £20 edition. I'd like to for BIS to benefit from the extra £££ of a supporter edition but I'd also like the future DLC too as this game is shaping up to be a perfect 10!

This is such a bummer that they aren't offering this. I haven't had a sudden "change of heart", I tried to purchase Supporter's Edition on Day 1 but the store wouldn't work so after 5 hours of pressing refresh I went to Steam and bought the £20 edition. I'd like to for BIS to benefit from the extra £££ of a supporter edition but I'd also like the future DLC too as this game is shaping up to be a perfect 10!

Yes, i do agree that not being able to upgrade to a more expensive offer by paying is not really wise.

Rather, get an extra copy and give away here, on your gamming community or on sites like: http://www.steamgifts.com/

Is the content of the supporter edition key interchangeable from the regular version on Steam, though? Because it's classified as a retail key, so it cannot be activated on Steam if you already own the game. You have to give the key itself.