Sign in to follow this  
kridian

Particle Effects/Explosions still a Performance Killer?

Wow, just when I thought I was running a good rig. I did that chopper mission where you have to use the rockets to take out the vehicles, and then later a mortar position. Witnessed a HUGE dive in FPS. Remains a mystery for this 680GTX OC edition. :confused:

Anyone else get that? I had the Particle Effects set to high.

What's your CPU?

All of ArmA III Alpha SP showcases are EXTRA processor-heavy, compared to ArmA II due to particles & PhysX. I can barely play the Helo Showcase with a mobile i5 dual core & GT 635M, yet it runs at 35-40 FPS in MP.

Wow, just when I thought I was running a good rig. I did that chopper mission where you have to use the rockets to take out the vehicles, and then later a mortar position. Witnessed a HUGE dive in FPS. Remains a mystery for this 680GTX OC edition. :confused:

I experienced the same thing. Once a few vehicles have exploded, the game starts to run at significantly less fps when I look at the smoke columns coming from the wrecks.

I5 with 2x gti560 in an sli config here, not the best system to date but it should run smoother than that imho.

Try same thing in editor, I say it is not particle related because same happens to me in that mission but in editor, with similar scenario, no fps loss from explosions.

Smoke grenades murder my FPS no matter what mission, unfortunately. No real noticeable loss with explosions or fires though.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

1024MB GeForce GTX 560

Particle Quality: High

I'm having the same problem running the preview in the editor. I have high settings. At the start the game run fine and i have enough FPS to watch the "panorama" of the island at very long distances, but when the firefight begin i have a dramatic decrease of FPS. The game starts to be UNPLAYABLE, aim or zoom are impossible action eheh

At first i was like.. BUT THEN...

I have a NVidia ZOTAC GTX 580, an i5 CPU and 8 Gb RAM.

I usually run ALL THE LAST TITLE at ULTRA SETTINGS.

Am I the only guy that have this problem?

How many AI do you have in your mission Racetrack?

How many AI do you have in your mission Racetrack?

I had 3 OPFOR riflesquad against 3 BLUEFOR riflesquad. At least i think there were 50-55 men. If you are going to tell me that they are too much.. I'll cry...

The firefight happend upon an hill ---> long view distance on the island.

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

i7 3930, gtx 690, 16GBx2 DDR3 CL9-9-9-27 Kingston RAM here - I run everything on max without a single hiccup.

It's a bug in that mission. There are created few thousands of particles more, that should be. We know about it, it will be fixed soon.