Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

[ALPHA] ARMA 3 Crate Filler

Great work on the script!

But as Dar said, it produces some desync when being in the ammo box, checking gear. Is it a game issue or the script? Plus, I`ve seen the ammo boxes fine (me hosting), while others have seen them on side, burning.

Edited by pero2589

yeah noticed massive lag caused by the additional network traffic this introduces, hopefully this is just an Alpha issue and BI address the un-needed network usage for local items.

Currently massive desync / bandwidth issue is a engine problem.

Currently in the Alpha if you haven't notice it yet there are a LOT of locality issues that need to be fixed ASAP.

At the moment as a drop in replacement for ammo boxes I am working on a script / menu that a player will access giving him everything in the game to choose from, this will only be a temp fix and once proper testing is done I may release it on the forums. Menu won't look pretty as they've changed their GUI around and don't have a actual solid background image and I suck at dialogs as it is so it looks like Arma 2: OA dialog -_-

PCvt3UO.jpg?1

sounds a decent compromise - unfortuantely weapons and uniform changes like this also don't seem to transferred over network so other players see wrong uniforms or weapon models and hear incorrect sounds... all told it's a lit that needs fixing, but I'm sure it'll be fine..

I can't help with it, this script in my opinion is discontinued and obsolete because the ammo box / gear space in general for A3 is broken, which is why are you probably encountering issues. If you need less clutter try Virtual Ammobox System (VAS). You can find it in my signature/in this section.

Thanks! I will pay atantion to your script. But i dont understand why i can't clear whole box with standart commands. I wonder how you goal this with same engine.. I think it's necessary to ask BIS about adding universal command like clearAllItems and clearAllItemsGlobal which clear all stuff from box or something like this.

Thanks! I will pay atantion to your script. But i dont understand why i can't clear whole box with standart commands. I wonder how you goal this with same engine.. I think it's necessary to ask BIS about adding universal command like clearAllItems and clearAllItemsGlobal which clear all stuff from box or something like this.

Well again, there was a reason why I and a lot of people abandon the usage of ammo boxes, Some of the commands don't work properly, the boxes don't sync across the network properly and if you add to many items even if the box is local to the client only it creates mass de-sync. Hundreds of people have complained about the issues with the gear box spaces and we have seen little-to-no progress made on fixing them. I myself don't understand how they could become this broken compared to the older ARMA games.

Trust me, I feel your pain.