Sign in to follow this  
Ryousuke

ArmA 3 Editor - Inbuilt Editor Tasks?

During my casual dickery with the editor I noticed that there are now task modules built right into the game. Anyone had a play around with these yet? Would save me a lot of trouble playing with scripts if I knew how to work them, and it might also help others looking to do the same.

Yeah i've been trying to get some to work with the !alive command.

From poking around a little, there appear to be some new function calls you can use to make use of the task modules. For example, there is a function called BIS_fnc_taskCreate that takes the following arguments (in order) used to create a task:

OBJECT or ARRAY - Task owner(s) (includes object's group)

STRING or ARRAY - Task name or array in the format [task name, parent task name]

ARRAY - Task description in the format ["description", "title", "marker"]

OBJECT or ARRAY or STRING - Task destination

BOOL or NUMBER - Set as current task (default: false)

Example (not tested):

[player, "objTask1", ["This is the Task Description", "Task Title", "taskMarkerName"], objNull, true] call BIS_fnc_taskCreate;

So this would assign to the player objTask 1, with the task description "This is the Task Description", the title "Task Title", associated with the marker "taskMarkerName", with no associated destination object (objNull), and make it the current task (true).

Again, I have not tried this but it appears this is how it works. Note if there is no marker just use "". If there is destination use it instead of objNull.

Edited by Loyalguard
typos

From poking around a little, there appear to be some new function calls you can use to make use of the task modules. For example, there is a function called BIS_fnc_taskCreate that takes the following arguments (in order) used to create a task:

OBJECT or ARRAY - Task owner(s) (includes object's group)

STRING or ARRAY - Task name or array in the format [task name, parent task name]

ARRAY - Task description in the format ["description", "title", "marker"]

OBJECT or ARRAY or STRING - Task destination

BOOL or NUMBER - Set as current task (default: false)

Example (not tested):

[player, "objTask1", ["This is the Task Description", "Task Title", "taskMarkerName"], objNull, true] call BIS_fnc_taskCreate;

So this would assign to the player objTask 1, with the task description "This is the Task Description", the title "Task Title", associated with the marker "taskMarkerName", with no associated destination object (objNull), and make it the current task (true).

Again, I have not tried this but it appears this is how it works. Note if there is no marker just use "". If there is destination use it instead of objNull.

And how about the state of task ?? Is it a BIS_fnc too ??

And how about the state of task ?? Is it a BIS_fnc too ??

I believe so. If you want to set the state of a task (such as the one I made above) to succeeded you would do the following function call:

["objTask1", "Succeeded"] call BIS_fnc_taskSetState;

Been trying to get BIS_fnc_taskSetState and BIS_fnc_taskHint to work, but to no avail.

I can't find any functions module in the module mode/placer/browser, and I cannot find any other way I'm supposed to initialize the BIS functions module. Is it always on, or is there something that need be done to activate it?

Been trying to get BIS_fnc_taskSetState and BIS_fnc_taskHint to work, but to no avail.

I can't find any functions module in the module mode/placer/browser, and I cannot find any other way I'm supposed to initialize the BIS functions module. Is it always on, or is there something that need be done to activate it?

My situation is as same as you .....

Does anybody really know how to use those new function ?? plz

Functions are now loaded automatically. No module placement needed.

The task functions work exactly how Loyalguard described, taskhint appears automatically upon calling the taskState.

Not really sure how to use the task modules in the editor though. Setting up a task is simple enough but I'm not sure how to alter the states. Using those functions is probably easier.

Finally I figured out how to make use of it myself . Just choose linked objects by using F5 synchronized and it will be done .

Originally , I was misunderstanded the ways to use those function .:(

aammooss1122, could you post a working example please?

found this tutorial on reddit, maybe it helps

I would really like to know how to do this, I can create tasks fine with both the function and in-game modules. but the setTaskDestination module only seems to work for my 1st task.

does anyone now a function for setting the taskDestination? or would it be possible to load that night-time CooP mission in the editor and see how BIS did it?

The task destination module currently seems to work 100% randomly and about 10% of the time. It sometimes just magically works but most of the time doesn't do a damn thing.

As to the original post here, you can sync a create task module with a trigger. So say you want the task to complete when you kill a target, just make a normal "~alive name" trigger and sync it to the settaskstate module along with a createtask module.

I made a tutorial about this yesterday(found this thread because I'm trying to figure out how the settaskstate assigned works):

Yeh its broken, you need to use the "old" way of scripting tasks till it works again.

I had a ton of trouble with it and i ended up using FHQ TaskTracker for it insted.

It was a whole lot easier and didnt give me the same headace :)

But basicly i believe it has something to do with the group sync not working properly.

If you only sync the task to group leader the rest of the group doesnt get tasks half of the time, so i tryed syncing each and every single task,briefing and diary record to every single player, to no avail.

It just wont work right yet :)

Try looking at FHQ TaskTracker, it really is "noob" friendly and quite easy to use, alot easier then sitting and pulling your hair out because the modules in the editor doenst work correctly :)

Have a look here:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2572

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2272

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5668

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4144

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6510

You are far from alone with this issue :)