Sign in to follow this  
CombatComm

Mission Request (SOCOM US NAVY SEAL Style PVP)

So I spent the better have of 3 hours trying in vain to create a multiplayer mission for a little nostalgic SOCOM SEALs action. The PS2 era games. The tactical, no respawn gameplay would lead itself well to ARMA 3 new streamlined control style.

I unfortunately do not have the mission making ability. Also I fear ARMA 3 in its ALPHA state may require a bit more expertise to edit. So this a call to any fellow SOCOM fans that would be interested in making a very simple suite of missions.

1. A storm the base style mission from the SOCOM series. One team defends the base, usually walled off to the attacking team that have to first pickup the satchel and deliver it to a target inside the base. It would require at the least a spectator script so players can watch their teamates attempt the win after they die. A timer script to put pressure on the attackers. And lastly, probably more complicated and not entirely needed, a script to let the attacking team know if the satchel/bomb carrier is dead/has been dropped. I can think of a few good locations like Air Station Mike and the village.

2. The other mission that was popular was a variant of bomb da base. In this mode a centrally located bomb was placed ready for either team to scoop it up and take it to their opponents base. This is as simple as throwing a crate with 1 satchel charge in it and including the spectator and various base locations. This style would fit well in the village area with the bomb centrally located halfway down the water drainage area.

If anyone is nostalgic for a little SOCOM action and would like to make/colaborate let me know and we can further discuss the details. Right now, ARMA is in need of some fun missions.

Edited by CombatComm

Hey mate,

it's funny because i created kinda that mission already. A Seal team has to neutralize a high value target, which hunked down in a complex near the sea. Opfor Soldiers are fairly bad equipped and have do defend the VIP. On the other hand the Seals have every item that exists in the alpha to use.

I played the mission with round about 16 people yesterday and one match lasted 42 minutes. It was pretty intense because i gave them fog and a stormy sea to hide, where after 20 minutes the sun rises and the storm goes away.

If this is what you are looking for, then you can add me on steam. I gonna upload that mission today anyway.

No respawn - focus on tactical gameplay. Majority of players left before the action had even started.

I'm looking for the same thing! I actually would love to get my hands on a video tutorial on how to create sp/mp missions using the editor. I've play a lot of ArmA 2 (+mods & missions) but I never tried creating any myself!

BTW... I've played on a few infantry only tdm servers today, on that village with the canal and I want to know where I can get that mission!

Yeah,

I've never played SOCOM, but it looks like a great game.

Im dying to learn how to make SP missions but cant find any tutorials out there for noobs. I wish I could find a repository for user made missions, SP and MP. All that I see out there is MP which is a bunch of guys running around like headless chickens, lets make some rich, in depth, immersive content that requires strategy to accomplish your goals, not just run and shoot stuff.

You can download most of the missions from armaholic. It's a bit tricky to extract the missions for editing of that mission file. I will upload my stuff for you guys if you want , that you can open my mission via editor. There are minor changes for the editor in arma 3, that's why you could use the tutorials about Arma2.

i finally managed to upload the mission, should be available in a short time at armaholic.com.

If you want to download this, give it a go. Just put it in mp-misisons in your steam folder: should be look like: "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions"

http://www.multiupload.nl/53XO4Z0ZE0

Have fun :)

This would be great, if we can get enough socom fans to build a nice size community and build are own socom type missions.

I for one am up for this, but I don't have the skills to create the missions :-(

This would be great, if we can get enough socom fans to build a nice size community and build are own socom type missions.

I for one am up for this, but I don't have the skills to create the missions :-(

Learn :)

At the 16AA we do quite a few side missions a few i have made are Navy Seal missions.

I'm pretty new to editing missions, and as far as scripting goes, i need someone to hold my hand to do even the most basic stuff! :-P If anyone has the know-how and time, add Joshishmo on steam and we can work on this.

As for ideas, i have many, and once i can get all the things i need into a template mission, i could make some seriously bad ass missions. Here is what i have come up with so far on what i will need to make a Socom-esque demolition map.

I also have a friend of mine's vent you could try to reach me at, I'm always on that when im online.

justiceminecraft.typefrag.com

port: 41255

MISSION: KAMINO COAST

OBJECTIVE: DEMOLITION

10vs10

Rules:

Pick-up the centrally located bomb and plant it at the enemy base.

The bomb will detonate in 60 seconds unless defused.

If defused, defusing team wins the round.

Or win the round by eliminating the enemy team.

21 minute rounds

First team to win 2 rounds wins the game.

Goals: ** means it's finished

Starting Gear

-guns available for the mission are in a crate at spawn**

Map Restriction

-Players cannot leave the defined mission area

Teams will respawn after each round

HUD scoreboard / bomb status

-Round timer

-team wins

-number of players still alive on each team

-which team has the bomb

Hint messages that pop-up

-when bomb has been picked up (and by what team)

-when bomb has been dropped

-when bomb has been planted

-when bomb has been defused

A 3d objective marker on bases depending on which team has the bomb

-team with bomb has a "destroy" 3d marker on enemy base

-when enemy team has the bomb a "defend" 3d marker on friendly base

A bomb that spawns on the map (satchel charge)

-always visible on map when dropped (3d objective marker)

-marker on teammate that is carrying the bomb

-scroll menu to pickup/drop/plant

-scroll menu plant bomb 60 second detonate timer (if you have the bomb and are at the correct bomb site)

-Scroll menu defuse bomb, if enemy team planted it. (15 second timer)

-drops when unit carrying it is killed

Bomb always shows when dropped (3d objective Marker)

20 Minute Rounds

-Round ends when one team is eliminated or has planted/detonated/defused the satchel

1 min restriction to spawn area to gear up

-countdown timer

-spawn restriction

no thanks. doesn't sound anything like a real operation. why would they bomb the base with a satchel when they can sit on a hill somewhere, never alerting the enemy, and lase it for a jdam strike?

I only played the original SOCOM that came with the headset for voice commands due to moving over to xbox, but damn that was an amazing game, probably one of the best games I've regarding gameplay, if ArmA 3 can get to half the standard I'd be happy.

no thanks. doesn't sound anything like a real operation. why would they bomb the base with a satchel when they can sit on a hill somewhere, never alerting the enemy, and lase it for a jdam strike?

Well if you can find a laser designator, and a JDAM in the game right now then please tell me where to look, otherwise your point is invalid.

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

duhhh! cuz in this scenario, it's not available! call it a training exercise. This kind of mission forces teamwork and all that stuff... I know alot of people would appreciate these kinda of missions, if i could ever make it work :-(

So far, i can make a weapon crate in the middle of the designated mission area, and in that crate there is one demolition charge. i have a trigger setup to display a hint reading "XXX team has eliminated the enemy weapon cache" (using "_alive cache;") when certain supply crates are destroyed. Here's my problem: you can just shoot the weapons crates, and they will blow up. and sometimes those crates won't get destroyed at all, no matter how many times u set satchels or shoot them. also, the only thing i know how to do is make that trigger end1 end 2 end 3 etc. i want the mission to start over when this happens, and have a score that is kept track of somehow.

FML lol. with great complexity and possibility comes great confusion and steep learning curve.

Edited by JudoToss